America can't into trains

America can't into trains.

Attached: blunder.jpg (1353x1106, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/the-construction-industry-has-a-productivity-problem-and-heres-how-to-solve-it-2017-03-04
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How the fuck does it possibly cost that much to build? Elon Musk built rockets for less than that

And here I thought that only Eastern Europe is that corrupt

We already have train system (pic related).

California is a series of scams. Always remember that if you have to deal with a person or business from California. Be suspicious of them AT ALL TIMES.

Attached: Amtrak passenger volume.jpg (2200x939, 263K)

If it's going to be mostly underground then that's not too expensive for train related stuff I imagine.But if it's mostly above the ground then there is no excuse.

Attached: rail network.jpg (1200x877, 260K)

Americans should have bought their high speed trains from us, there is always a little bit of delay, but it's great quality and cheap, so cheap in fact that even Morroco was able to afford it

Attached: 1401915968981.jpg (430x320, 13K)

>going to be mostly underground
Why? Is America running out of open land that no one uses?

That's freight, not passenger.

you see, the problem in California is the mountains come right up to the ocean. And petty much everyone lives near the ocean. So the train will have to ride in a thin strip of land nearby the sea, and have to go through the mountain several times

For a super highspeed train you can see why this will create some issues

the one they're building is in the central valley through farm land. They aren't even building the coastal one.

that's good, because I don't see how the coastal one could possibly work. The amount of noise, air pressure, and obstacles that would go on the track, it would be impossible. Not to mention the fault lines, just a very bad idea.

If they do it through the valley the problem is all the hills, and of course the heat. But it could work

What the fuck is happening then

The real problem is buying the property rights for these train systems. People refuse to sell to the government because they know that the government will offer way more than the market would offer if they sit on their hands long enough. The train infrastructure itself really isn't that expensive.

Its both, i see the line I take on there

>highspeedlets

Attached: Trans European Transport Network.png (1698x1301, 1.33M)

Extreme corruption. "Land sales." "Environmental studies" that get contracted to politically-connected firms. It's quite incredible. And California voters simply accept this - they refuse to vote out the people responsible for this corruption.

Californians sent back a senile 85-year-old woman to the US Senate last fall, even though she is an openly-corrupt neocon who voted to invade Iraq (Dianne Feinstein). Californians are simply not good at democracy. They are very dumb people when it comes to choosing leaders.

Attached: logo[1].png (983x337, 251K)

It was just done extremely incompetently, like most government projects in America.
I swear you can fly all over Europe and Australia without problems, but the minute you land in America it becomes a complete clusterfuck. With delayed flights, lost bags, horrible fat people everywhere. Especially landing in LA, just awful. When you travel you realize just how poorly managed America is.

This particular project was run by greenie bullshiters who didn't know shit about engineering, and became totally mismanaged. They were speculating about all sorts of fanciful new technologies they could use and getting all theoretical and pie-in-the-sky with it. Eventually people basically stopped actually working on the project and just consuming the money granted to them

The project was approved by voters in a ballot measure. Average Californians only have themselves to blame for this.

but japan is nothing but mountains and yet has a huge bullet train network

Unions, corrupt politicians, but since it's cali most importantly NIMBY BOOMERS. Fuck okies in the Valley.

Japan is also 130 million people crammed on an island smaller than california

There are no white people in the California central valley anymore. It's 100% Mexican now.

America doesn't need high speed trains as long as there's no high density of of important cities between Boston and Houston. Right now the already send trains between from Boston to Washington and the route goes through NY and Philadelphia, but the nearest "important" city after DC is Atlanta, it's over a thousand km far. Unless there are cities as financially important and well populated as Boston, NY, Philly and DC between DC and Atlanta and between Atlanta and New Orleans close enough to each other as 4 big northeastern american cities it's pointless

The government just buys at a fair price using eminent domain they don't pay sky high prices for that property.

you understand that millions upon millions of people are commuting 8 hours by car through enormous highways to travel up and down the state?

How many of these are profitable?

commuting 4 hours to work is retarded, find a closer job.

this, we just don't have the population density to do it.

for 8 hour trips a plane would make more sense than a train or car. Trains have a sweet spot in between. Since they don't go as fast as aircraft.

that is not why this project failed, this is your cope

M..Mm...MONEY!!!

Nothing comfier than a nice train ride.
I take the train 1 hour 20 minutes to work every day. Nice time to get some sleep, shitpost on Jow Forums, read a book or just enjoy the sound and view.

Attached: SJ.png (1200x800, 1.36M)

It doesn't make sense otherwise.

3 hour commute. Wtf is wrong with you.

Buy our train

>Wtf is wrong with you
I choose to live in the countryside, far from the city where my well paid job is. It's the best of two worlds, and the commute is comfy.

Even by train this is unnecessary pollution user.

Attached: 1562066235674.jpg (640x480, 36K)

How are people supposed to use this train if everybody has to drive down the train station anyways? Run busses through all of the suburbs? Let's be realistic, with the current layout of our cities it is impossible to build an effective transit system that isn't ridiculously expensive. In places like Japan everybody either lives in tiny duplexes or apartments, which means more people per sq/mile. There is no point dumping tons of tax money into a system if nobody is going to use it because it's inconvenient.
>but it sure beats driving on the highway
no it doesn't if you live 10 miles away from the train station and you have to drive and park there. Then what do you do once you arrive to the other city? rent a car or call an uber?

Good. Fuck the weather.

It makes sense in dense urban centers mostly so there are a few viable areas.

Probably most.
We want them cheaper, to compete with planes.

Americans can't into infrastructure.

Attached: 1565630006634.png (987x573, 582K)

It depends on how fast the train is. Milan Rome is like 3 hours of train but six of car. You can do that in 1 hour of plane but its not worth it imo. Going to the airport is always a pain in the ass with control, wait etc. Trains are easier to get and the journey is more enjoyable

our dense urban centers are incredibly small and some of the less dense urban centers in the world. The only real urban centers are in the east and they already have trains.
more like we don't want to pay for it

Who do you think owns the land retard? Definitely not José since he's renting out his trailer.

Infrastructure construction is ridiculously expensive in the United States.

Attached: chart1.jpg (2706x1752, 736K)

>urban centers
>california

Attached: big grin.png (327x316, 211K)

Makes no difference in the end.
You are 3rd world citizens with corporations that rich that boost you up the 1st world status.

I make more money than Germs though

The construction sector productivity in the U.S. is lower today than it was in 1968. It's pretty much the only sector of economy where the productivity is lower now than 50 years ago.

marketwatch.com/story/the-construction-industry-has-a-productivity-problem-and-heres-how-to-solve-it-2017-03-04

Attached: 201512-311049-1.png (500x392, 59K)

Does that include the trains?

Jävla hanrej.

Jag har 5 minuters gångväg till jobbet.

We have villages with like 30 people and even their have a bus line getting them to town. I don't see why it should be so difficult. In many cases here its comfier to use train, I'm not going to drink all weekend in Zurich then drive back for 3 hours

They don't make profits, but they don't make too many losses and they also have a positive impact on the surroundings. So in the end, they end up being cheaper on society than airports

Property owners know they can sue the government saying the eminent domain was improperly applied and drag it on forever, and that the government will pay massive premium to not incur this legal cost.

Absolute numbers are nothing, you are poor if you make 100k in California

relatively your population density is still higher because there are villages on every mountainside, you can go hundreds of km here and see maybe 3 towns

Attached: amtrak montana.jpg (1600x1000, 531K)

Every government project is a massive money bonanza for everyone involved.

i make 70k/year and my living costs are relative to Germany

Attached: spokane cost of living.png (596x166, 16K)

Och jag antar att du bor i en stad med. Nej tack.

thank for you service

>Having multiple Crossrail-tier projects in a single city
America is a joke. Maybe all that stuff about capitalism being a failure was right...

Probably you're right. But if big cities are not too far apart from each other they should have high speed trains connecting them. You have less traffic that way and its a comfier way to travel imo. Too many cars are bad for a city, cities like Amsterdam are more enjoyable. Of course this can be difficult in a big city

That northern route looks like it could be comfy. Is it?

Their big cities are also far away.
I've been in Colorado. We needed the 500km range of our bikes, because there was just nothing.
One of the last days we were 300km away from our hotel, we encountered one other town, halfway there, which also had the only corner we had to take.

That's just mind blowing for me, as the Netherlands is 300km long.

there are comfier private ones that go through the mountains

Attached: Cascades train.jpg (560x416, 65K)

Imagine thinking numbeo is a source of high qual data

That does indeed look comfy. Do any of the private ones span from coast to coast?

cope