Ywn travel through British countryside for hours and hours before getting off at some random hamlet with a comfy pub...

>ywn travel through British countryside for hours and hours before getting off at some random hamlet with a comfy pub, where you could buy a couple of rounds for locals and they would tell you local legends and stories, and afterwards you could rent a room at the pub for a night before returning back home

Attached: Pinting-continues.jpg (1620x1080, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jdtwg-aNTj0
zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/52432818
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I had money I'd take you user.

pubs are shit

iktf

Thank you, good fren

Attached: Sweet-Anon-From-Aus.png (734x506, 312K)

Why do Russians romantisize UK?even the wealthy still live with shit weather.

I've never seen a pub that has rooms for rent but maybe I didn't travel enough.

you take that back, you're a fake brit

bröther

Because brits were our closest allies before the Soviet Union. Our Royal families were related (Our last Tsar Nicolas II was George V's cousin. They looked like identical twins), we were in the same military blocks, both were huge Empires.
But even during the Soviet era many people loved the UK (Films, Music, the countryside, BOOKS, etc)
Sherlock Holmes is still very popular in Russia. I ordered meself a book from Wordsworth Classics recently.
youtu.be/Jdtwg-aNTj0

There's just too much to list and I'm not that eloquent.

brits are island slavs

I don't even think those are legitimate reasons or even reasons(just you repeating why Russia loves UK). I think it's just that the grass is greener on the other side mentality.

>average British home
>people here unironically say they suffer in the UK

Attached: 1553274919612.jpg (1600x1071, 526K)

How is this appealing

It's beautiful and comfy

It's really not that.
What you've described is true for the US. Many Russians actually think that life in the US is better (and whilst objectively it might be better -better wages, infrastructure, quality of education and life in general-, there are still some some downsides to it)
Not many Russians want to move to the UK (mostly it's just lads with proper education who want to find a well-paid job or people like me who romanticise the UK. Russian women prefer Turkey, China, Spain, Italy and the US), but there are tons of people who love British culture.

Here this might be more to your liking

Attached: e9a1cafa8a095125368eb69ea8327154.jpg (1024x686, 98K)

Fuck off black cunt

Just because that exist doesn't make those really close, boring looking houses good.
Looks claustrophobic

Random people walking through your garden and staring through your windows at all times sounds pretty bad if you ask me

I think it's that. US is objectively better at almost anything, obviously it has problems present in any western countries. Russians just don't want to admit they want to go there because of bad relations and anti American culture(lol).

but they are.
most peoples houses aren't made from flint you mongo

UK is so depressing, i would never step on that shithole

>t. El lavaplatos volante

>the village pub
very creative name
t. washed dishes in london

you're just mad that you'll never down a pint with Paddy Losty

Attached: THE-LAD.png (1024x1059, 1016K)

Attached: 81170579.jpg (1280x851, 226K)

Hnnng
Rural UK is TES Oblivion irl

It really doesn't get more comfy than this, but rooms are small and quite expensive.

Attached: barge-inn-at-dusk.jpg (550x413, 50K)

Unfortunately EU alcohol tax has killed most our pubs and forced them to turn into restaurants

That would cost you about £700,000 to 1 million. That's not a normal home. These are normal homes.

Attached: Benchill.jpg (2000x1500, 646K)

Jeezus it's so fucking depressing. How is your suicide rate ?

>pic related
>£450,000
zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/52432818

Attached: af1eeaeb20057e4246ab7fb6b0c5e9c2edb3d530.jpg (645x430, 87K)

Eh, you get used to it. I grew up in that tower block with my Nana. It didn't look that back in the day, the blue facade was added later.

Alcohol tax funds the NHS.
Love are NHS me

Based Ivan. Save your money so you can come and visit. Sounds like you'd enjoy places like the Cotswolds and the Lake District.

Generation of 80s was very romanticizing them, there were two highly influenced movies - Soviet Sherlock Holmes and Mary Poppins. Probably they were filmed with CIA involvement, I don't know. Though back then UK was important partner of Soviet Union in capitalist world, they used to buy Ladas and Moskvitch. Matchbox even made Moskvitch die-cast model.
Boomers still like fictional, romanticized image of UK, young people like them definitely less, especially after Marseille-2016 and all those videos with streets looking like Pakistani street.
Rural UK is cute only on photos. In fact those houses are cold, wet, with old plumbing and old heating systems and very uncomfortable to live in.

I'm already in the process. Have about £1.5k saved up. Applying for visa this winter so I can come either during spring or summer.
OR, PREHAPS, DURING AUTUMN (because autumn is based)
I also heard that you guys don't get much snow during the winter and it's not as cold as in here or Canada, so I might even come during winter.

>In fact those houses are cold, wet, with old plumbing and old heating systems and very uncomfortable to live in.
Ye I heard as much, but I'm not moving there (yet) I'm just visiting the country. So I don't think it's going to be much of a problem for me since I'm used to cold weather and living in poor conditions.

Based, UK is really comfy.

my dad had a lada and got drunk and rolled it off a cliff in west germany

Attached: 1565953721550.jpg (413x500, 33K)

How much does the visa cost? I don't know where you live in Russia, but flights between London and St Petersburg/Moscow are pretty cheap, so £1.5k will easily be enough to visit for a couple of weeks at least (depending on how frugal you like to be while travelling).

Yeah, we don't get much snow at all. If I had to guess I'd say an average of maybe 5 days light snow per year. Visiting in winter would be absolutely fine. It just depends on when you think would be nicest to visit, based on your own interests.

but user, i do that

Attached: 62980001.jpg (3091x2048, 3.2M)

According to gov.uk it's 95 quid
I barely buy anything here because I'm pretty ascetic, so I'm only planning to buy some UK-exclusive treats (Fish and Chips, Minstrels, Yorkshire Pudding, Shepherd's Pie, Gregg's Sausage Rolls etc) and a couple of tees or a hoodie. Prolly some souvenirs.
The British Museum in London is free to visit, iirc (hopefully will meet Irvin Finkel, the madlad himself.)

based af

you're living the dream, my friend

Attached: Average-Anglo-Girl.jpg (770x770, 63K)

The jews stole this from us

A couple of months ago I contacted by Internet with a British sorcerer who initiated me into black magic. A few days ago he invited me to his house in a hidden place in a hidden forest that doesn't appear on the official maps of the United Kingdom. We drank wonderful concoctions; nectar of the gods, we invoked ancient mythological beings, and maintained sex with elven women of extraordinary sexuality.

Attached: DB8E02EB-301A-41F0-B5A3-EAA5E5A8958C.jpg (852x480, 30K)

>EU alcohol tax
yeah no, you've got to blame yourself for that

Attached: 00657epc.jpg (1000x1338, 360K)

it's not as comfy as people think

Attached: penis.jpg (1384x920, 781K)

>nooo, UK looks depressing at times, don't come here!
Mate, I'm Russian. I live in a state of constant depression. I'm more scared of people getting the wrong idea because of my accent (I've a southern britbong accent and sometimes slip into Russian with my intonations and Vs and Ws). Other than that I don't really care about much.

>tfw you're Somerset
The greatest place to live on planet earth

it's not really about it being depressing, it's more so that once you've seen one area, you've kind of seen it all, and then these areas are usually filled with stuck-up boomers that will probably get triggered or worse if you go near their precious land during a walk; farmers are generally just total cunts

I still remember this one twat farmer chasing us off on a four-wheeler with a shotgun that he'd filled with rice pellets.

Yeah all of the major museums and art galleries in London are free to visit, and the British Museum is probably my favourite. If you wanted the comfy traditional English experience you mentioned in your OP though, spend as little time in London as possible. It's not really an English city anymore. Get your UK-exclusive treats somewhere more authentic, in London they'll be poor quality and over-priced

i've walked through public areas near rich boomers before with their tennis courts and helicopters, they often would get angry and say i can't walk near their land despite there being signs stating it is a public footpath

countryside people can be nice, but most are so sheltered and rude with some sort of superiority complex

What, I thought you liked french more. So many french words in the Russian vocabulary.

Based tea drinker

Yeah, people have the wrong impression about the countryside. People think its filled with kind old shepards with a pipe and a pint of Guinness, but in reality its basically just a massive exclusion zone for the rich to keep the plebs out. The north isn't like that though, as long as you don't go to the Lake District.

Still found the lake district to be nice desu, obviously moneyed but still everyone pretty friendly and obviously used to walkers

Its nice but I just can't old middle class people. You know the type, fucking complain about everything.

i live in an area where those boomer types complain about any modern/artistic change in my area, even new cinemas or art galleries make them reeee into oblivion; god forbid someone actually modernises the area rather than allowing endless pound shops and shit knock-off high street shops take over

They are a scourge I agree, Kinder Scout 2 The Revenge when

>This is what people think Britain is
Oh nonononnononononono