Childhood in your country

I know that there was already similar thread but it's a very interesting topic to me. Please tell me about your childhood in your cunt, post pics of how it looked like, share vids etc.

Poland in 80s / 90s from my experience:
I was born in 1987, that means I was 2 when communism in Poland ended, I remember post-communism, everything was faded like an old photograph, there was a weird scent in the air, the ambience.
What I remember most were old commie cartoons and later Cartoon Network in English (few years later dubbed in Polish).
My favourite cartoon was Nu, pagadi!
Here's a sample of my childhood memories youtube.com/watch?v=e8OK1xS_oi0

Attached: blokowisko.jpg (1050x1575, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MEmwW1ag8f8
youtube.com/watch?v=M9z9FcCRj3s
youtube.com/watch?v=dhtprnN5Abs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I grew up in a small town. During the Empire it was a rather rich merchant town, but now it's condition is kinda poor. In early 90s it was pretty criminal so I would get mugged by gopniks many times on my way to school.

Attached: medium-258475.jpg (800x600, 90K)

Thanks for sharing.
I grew up in a small town too. It's well known across Poland to be an 80s / 90s mafia city.

Attached: WWL.jpg (800x600, 105K)

I was born in 1993 during the recession I heard it was pretty bad but I don't remember much about it. By my childhood it was pretty much over
I late 90s and early 2000s were great times

>late 90s and early 2000s were great times
Indeed. I'm a nostalgiafag
Look what I have always with me!

Attached: Polish mountains Snufkin.jpg (1440x810, 160K)

I was born in 1998 in Toruń
My childhood mainly consisted of going to my grandparents at their dzialka, playing games at school during recess, riding a bike around with my buds, going to the house of my friend Who had a fat ps2 and hanging around the trzepak
I also cant forget the playground next to my school and visiting my father at work
I wish I had a brother desu, being an only child sucks and i sometimes felt like an outcast
I remember when most playgrounds remembering Jaruzelski got torn down and when the commie blocks became colorful
Im still just a zoomer

Sounds comfy
Nothing bad in being a zoom zoom
t. 32 y/o boomer
Enjoy your youth. Did you watch Dragonball and Captain Tsubasa etc or is this another generation?

Attached: bloki.jpg (877x585, 78K)

wow europe is so depressing and miserable. Im glad my family left and I was born and raised here.

Its better here now.

Attached: gdansk 1.jpg (960x720, 66K)

Played video-games (mainly Playstation one RPG games like Xenogears, Legend of Mana, Digimon World, Final Fantasy 6 - 9, Resident Evil/Silent Hill/FIFA 1998), go out on the neighborhood street and play ball with some kids who lived there. Watch a lot of american movies and cartoons, and read comic books. The older generation didn't have games so they mostly focused on going to night clubs and hookers on their free time, had to work earlier as store clerks or mechanics, enjoying messing with dangerous animals like snakes, scorpions, horses, etc. Married and dated much earlier and were very religious.

I grew up (or rather spent every vacation and weekend) at one of my villages. It was quite comfy before int*rn*t spread everywhere and made me what I am, especially considering how fucking easy it was to make friends and there wasn't a single kid who didn't hang out with at least 10 other kids for the day doing random shit like forest exploration or building mud huts
Now, villages look like this, as if you woke up from a coma and the world got nuked meanwhile. If you googled "demographics of bulgaria" you'd understand why

Attached: 1546925664532.jpg (800x600, 227K)

90s were. Canada is still the same boring shit.

Nice. I never had playstation or other console except famous in Poland Pegazus. I remember playing tanks a lot.
I also played Doom I and II on PC, Duke Nuken, Wolfenstein etc
But at least you have nice memories. Now I feel like an internet-addicted zombie. I think I will use my new bike more and go places.

>But at least you have nice memories.
I'll sound like a boomer but I really don't get how zoomers cope with their memories being fortnite or pewdiepie. Exploring forests, climbing the trees, establishing a colony on top of one of those trees and slowly building it up with 5 of your buddies, building a mud wall and making catapults split on two teams with the objective of taking down the enemy's wall - zoomers no longer get to experience things like that. I think that the popularity of minecraft was purely from the fact that so many of them grew up without this and realized that they in fact want to do stuff like that, so they proceeded to play it out in a game. Also why fortnite got so much more popular than other fps games, the desire to explore and build stuff as a kid is pretty much an inborn trait of every boy just like playing with dolls and caring about animals is for girls

I was born in a small city in 1999, it is supposed to be 1 of the worst cities in CZ, but I spent great childhood there and cool teenage years, there is a lot of great spots to drink and get high with friends.

Attached: 806B6322-8CFA-4A2C-9D4B-8FB69D3D8E59.jpg (2048x1536, 631K)

I watched Jetix
I even had a DVD of Ach ten Andy episodes
Sadly they later killed it off

Here it was called Co je Andy?

OP here, I'm a girl tbqh and I loved climbing trees, jumping onto snow from a roof, I also remember chasing other girls with a cockroach and building 'fortresses' heh
Cherish those memories m8
Looks comfy af mate, glad you have a nice childhood

Funnily enough, I had an almost completely sheltered and digitized childhood like the one you described.

And only now do I regret not having so much contact with nature like you did. It is not the same thing as playing a video-game because it is an unique experience, even more so when that terrain you interacted with no longer existed or radically changed (i.e a forest/lake that had its entire space occupied to be part of a supermarket chain). Of course the young me didn't care about any of that and deemed it boring because I could kill dragons and fight monsters in my RPGs.

I remember playing games on the playstation in a bomb shelter during the nato boming of 1999, was pretty comfy desu

idz stad k*Bieto

thats, well, uh, interesting

I was too young to know what was happening, just wanted to play games with other kids from my building :-)

zostaw mnie, ja tu robię tzw. quality content thread

where did this come from, and how did you guys call it

Attached: stussy.jpg (800x450, 20K)

You've just watched Lemmino, right?

yes, but still, it really got me thinking
i cant think of any symbol like this

I remember the same thing, thank you USA for bringing kids together
Crna Gora i Srbija to je jedna familija

I was born in 1996. I loved on a dead end street, so there was close to no traffic, and all the kids from the houses around played on the street. It was pretty cool, we played soccer a lot, using the entrance gates of the houses as the goals. We rode bikes around often as well. I barely have any contact with those people anymore sadly, as I live somewhere else now.
I would also spend a lot of time at a countryside at my grandparents. They had a pretty big, and very well maintained garden, and I played a lot with my cousins and brother there. Every holiday pretty much. There was also a lake right next to the house so we swam very often as well. The place saddens me now though, because I used to think it was so huge and beautiful with flowers and trees everywhere, but since my grandfathers passing it has all fallen to disarray - old trees have been knocked down by winds over the time, tall uncut grasses, empty flowerbeds and wooden parts of the terrace or garage taken by rot. The disparity between how it used to look always makes me sad.

>The place saddens me now though, because I used to think it was so huge and beautiful with flowers and trees everywhere, but since my grandfathers passing it has all fallen to disarray - old trees have been knocked down by winds over the time, tall uncut grasses, empty flowerbeds and wooden parts of the terrace or garage taken by rot. The disparity between how it used to look always makes me sad.
right in the feels user

Attached: 6468966876.jpg (662x562, 41K)

Nu pagadi was cool. I watched most Soviet cartoons. USSR Winnie Pooh, Leopold cat.

Mongolia blessed my thread. Bf and I want to visit ur cunt.
And yeah, its cool

bampu with one of Polish ghost towns

Attached: pstraze.jpg (800x349, 77K)

Have you watched Шypик кинo?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

nope, should I?

Da

Ok noted

Attached: El_Polaco.jpg (600x344, 32K)

America in the 90s
I was born in 1992 to a middle income suburban family. our neighbor would often host neighborhood barbecues and I met a lot of kids in the neighborhood this way. I used to ride bikes with 4 other friends around the suburbs and then sometimes wonder off into the woods. We built a base there with a roof and a door and everything. By the time I was 13 I was smoking weed and making dirt jumps in the woods for me and my bmx buds. I've moved away since then and sadly i don't have any pics of the our hangout area in the woods

Attached: muh street 3.png (1865x929, 2.78M)

thats cool m8
thats how I imagine American childhood

>Snow-season from early October to mid May
>two months of no sun every year
>Most polluted city in western Europe due to factory near border in Nikel (Ty Russia)
>Local mining company goes bankrupt and we move south

Depressing desu

Attached: Kirkenes.jpg (1024x769, 145K)

Goddamn Im sorry user. Are you in better place now?

Yeah. Both my hometown and the Russian areas across the border (Pic related) have seen great progress the last decade. I still visit every now and then

Attached: Nikel.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

grew up on this street
>moved away from childhood bros right before middle school
>went from a beautiful Midwest climate to a hot fucking desert
If I had never moved my life would be 100x better right now

Attached: tfw no more childhood.png (1467x914, 2.73M)

I was born in 1999 I experienced all the dark time of Iraq and never experienced any of it good times my childhood wasn't really bad and my life isn't bad at all we actually live a goid life still I feel pity for my country

Attached: 1566156213568.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

your countrymen are subhumans, i have only bad experiences from them.

I am starting to see american flags everywere, what is happening to me, am i becoming obsessed?

Sad but I can't do anything user

Attached: 1566162100361.jpg (320x180, 14K)

coming home from school I often had friends come home with me or me going to them, eating with family and than watching pokemon/digimon/dbz marathon on TV while doing homework. One of my best friends was an asian kid that came from a broken family so he would eat with us 3/5 days of the week. Afterwards we would meet up with a bunch of kids and play football, build forts in the woods, go to the city etc..
pretty normal shit but it was fun

Born in 93 and grew on a closed neighborhood with a kids park in front of my house. Maybe it's the nostalgia but I remember the air being cleaner and a lot more trees.
My neighborhood was mainly composed by young couples and two old widows. The kids used to piddle around the enclosed street and play with each other, knowing your neighbors was more of a friendly act than a formality and kids used to play inside each other's houses without any problem.
When I was in middle school most of the young families left alongside their children, I think because they finally got a housing credit and quit renting. The demographics changed and the vacant houses where occupied by couples without children, my parents and most of our neighbors got old, some of them died. My time during HS was weird because it was the time I started lurking this hellhole instead of partying/fucking around.
Two or three years ago most of the old home owners left and the houses were occupied by young couples with children. It's quite a breath of fresh air watching children around playing and making a mess. However I've noticed they don't enter each.others houses nor do they stay late at the street.
I get it since a couple of years ago thieves and assaults have been on the rise.
Pic related is me on my school uniform, is one of the last pictures I smiled genuinly.

Attached: ICANTWAKEUP.jpg (600x1024, 129K)

I was born in 1998 in 40k town 150 km from Moscow,I grew up in 00s and early 10s and it was pretty comfy time,but now I start realising that some things around me were kinda hellish,but I didn't understand that as I child.I had many good friends and my first gf in this town so I love it despite it's kinda shithole,but it felt much comfier than m*scow

Attached: Переславль-300x184.jpg (300x184, 20K)

Good tread,bump

I come from 40k town too , it's small and kinda shitty but it feels like home.
Thanks for sharing
thanks

I grew up in rural/urban hybrid place near Seoul back in mid 90s. I lived at high rise hive but across the street it had agricultural town like rice paddy field, livestock’s a typical farm. Since every kids on the block were addicted to Starcraft, me and my friend raided the school computer lab and played sc without getting caught.

Must've been comfy living like that

Bump
Centre of Warsaw used to look like this

Attached: PKIN.jpg (933x700, 171K)

>late 90s and early 2000s

childhood was hanging until sunset with friend outside hockey was a big thing so we played lot, we had small league and we would have matches with other groups. we were the best and we once won even against much older guys. We could not afford hockey gear and parents had no idea bandi hockey existed so it stayed only there.

football too. we visited each other, then first afforable PC-s came and we used to hang at each other houses and play what we had which was rather hard to get without internet. For some time I was big boss of group because I was first who had PC and my brother was older and had contacts and could get coolest games around
I remember Pokemon and it was heavy drugs kind of shit for kids.

then internet came and it all fell apart.

Attached: 824598_39906695_b.jpg (667x500, 50K)

Why were koreans so addicted to Sc back then? Was it like the cs 1.6 fever we had in Brazil Lan Houses during the beginning of the millenium?

Comfy

Born 1995, grew up in the countryside for the first 8 or 9 years of my life and I don't remember too much. We moved a lot and the only house I can remember having neighbors was one where we were the only homes between a couple of fields. The nice girl next door had some horses but they had to sell them and other than that my memories were mainly staying at my grandparents house after school and watching Yu-Gi-Oh/Dragon Ball Z, playing in the garden and that kind of thing.

When I moved to the city I found some friends who wanted to play 007 Nightfire, Age of Mythology and classic Wow for a couple years. We also played Yu-Gi-Oh and Warhammer when we weren't playing videogames, mainly because we were all stuck at the "after school club" (pic related) because our parents all had jobs and were scared of pedos. It was pretty fun but the local school was shit so I had to go to a private/fee-paying school that was full of soulless cunts. I made some friends there eventually but it was pretty depressing for a bit. At least my best friend from my old school kept playing WoW with me for a few years (until WotLK) so that I never had 0 frens.

Attached: childhood.png (1498x719, 1.65M)

Northern Los Angeles, born in 1997.

Super safe suburban city, great parents and a nice life. Spent most of my childhood playing single player games and drawing since no other kids grew up in my complex. I joined boy scouts when I was nine (no, I was never touched) and am still friends with many of my troop to this day. We would camp near Santa Barbara and in the Mojave.

Recession fucked me and my family hard. We never lost our house or had to resort to food stamps but we couldn't afford new clothes and ate the same thing every night for three years. I entered junior high with goodwill clothes and looked unkempt but was super social and made a lot of friends, would continue throughout high school and to this day in university.

Lots of nostalgia for early 2000s Cartoon Network, soft rock that my mom always played from 2005-2006, and the Wii.

Attached: scv.jpg (3264x1836, 2.27M)

Is there more boring and generic childhood than in the Central Europa?

it was fine. much better than teen years and how it would look in current years. we also spent a lot of time in nearby forests, nowadays gypsy live there.

>Santa Barbara
lel. Every people in former USSR knew this city. Thanks to the TV show, whis was very popular in 90-s

I am from a somewhat rural area of northern croatia
I remember always going to a forest and building shit with my friends and cousins and making snow castles and trying to get sick so we didn't have to go to school
Some of my dearest memories is when i played Tekken5 with my grandmother
And i especially loved when it snowed and it was like 1m+ of snow so me, my brother and grandfather built a snowman in front of our house with a dick ofc
this was my favourite song from a movie as a kid, i love it still
youtube.com/watch?v=MEmwW1ag8f8

>is one of the last pictures I smiled genuinly.
:(

I grew in a 2k people fishing town in Gaspésie. Spent my childhood cycling around the village and playing un the woods and on the beach. I miss those day, living in a dirty multikulti city is soul draining.

>snow castles.
that shit was too cool for something ss simple especially when besieging and defending.
will never forget throwing 1m wide piece of snow on one cunt I hate and moments when there were snowballs flying everywhere and I was ducking for cover behind small wall.

Reminds me how we used to race downhill in our home made wooden karts made of old baby strollers.

I really miss that comradery

Attached: 1412780076604.jpg (1593x1080, 550K)

I was born in 1995, so my childhood was the early 2000's
Thanfully my brother took shitloads of pics

Attached: 29ag0004.jpg (1280x960, 256K)

that looks like croatia honestly, you from the north or?

ye galicia
i had no idea croatia was simlar

Attached: estrada21Ago-19c.jpg (1248x960, 286K)

we have lots of climates here

Attached: Bregi 2.jpg (1920x1080, 1.62M)

>19 yo zoomer born in a nice neighborhood in the outskirts of Rijeka to a high middle income family
Lived most of my life between Rijeka and Gorski Kotar. The sea was 15 minutes by car and the snowy mountains and central Europe was also close, sometimes it would even snow at my place... Dad and uncle are tech savy and now I'm studying cs and grandma on my mother's side was a kindergarten nanny and dad's is a former primary school teacher so they had a huge role in raising me. The only complaint I had and still have is the gypsy block near my neighbourhood but from what I've seen they're not as annoying as some others in Croatia.

Attached: LG-Life-is-Good.jpg (455x219, 11K)

Dont have any pics or vids my mom has them all.

USA in 80s/90s from my experience:
I was also born in 1987. I was ~8-9 years old when I first found out USSR had stopped existing. Mostly we sat around at school all day, played on playground, watched TV like magic school bus, loved reading Lil House on the Prarie. Idk I was a stupid kid. My fav cartoon was Muppet Babies

youtube.com/watch?v=M9z9FcCRj3s

They cancelled muppet babies when I was in Kindergarten. I couldn't believe my ears. I asked my mom if she remembered tape Muppet Babies "nope they cancelled it". HUH?

Just realized they made some kinda nu-Muppet Babies in the meantime. What a crock.

very based

Attached: P5080417cut.jpg (2046x1185, 809K)

We didnt had console back then because our retarded government won’t allow jap videogames. cs 1.6 was popular back then too but sc was the pc king due to how easily accessible it was.

I'd like to add the fact that back when I was a lad I used to see a lot of butterflies and a lack of birds. Maybe it is because I didn't put much attention into it but it's quite a curious thing since nowadays butterflie's sights have diminished but I've notices a lot of variability with the bird population; up to 6 different species of birds just in my square.

i saw those fireflies and butterflies all around my house all the time as a kid during summer but now i don't remember the last time i saw one

Thanks all for sharing

It's concerning and it's one of those topics of wich you honestly don't want to know the answer.

fellow 32 year old

Attached: pepe.png (1024x1024, 25K)

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed all the experiences shared anons, haven't been on this board in a few years and it's nice to see there are still some good threads that remind me of the 2011-2013 Jow Forums.

Born 96 in the metro of Detroit, which could mean a lot of things depending on your suburb/town. Raised by dysfunctional but well-meaning immigrant parents, never met genetic father (mother left him before I was even 2). Early childhood was great until the 2nd grade, where my clueless attitude about everything started showing pretty heavily. All the basic as shit life skills your parents teach you? I didn't get an ounce of it, my mother was over-protective and my stepfather was always gone working. I moved between suburbs, so I never had a consistent set of friends or familiars until I entered middle school. I didn't click with people at all in my community besides a select few, so most of my memories were reduced to playing vidya and being useless. The only time I really enjoyed my childhood was in 2nd grade when I went to Mexico for a year and had a wide array of people to do activities with, even if they were snobby richfags. The key theme here is mediocrity until the end of high school. At that point I met some fun people and started doing social stuff more often, but I also started drinking heavy and doing some drugs to cope with having no particularly fond memories of my childhood. The few good ones are so spread out that I can't say there was ever a "period" where I was happy for more than a few months.

Glad you liked my thread
Thank to u too for sharing
>Detroit
I have a fridge magnet sent from Detroit

too many high-rises now.

Attached: u2010222163220.jpg (700x467, 95K)

Believe it or not we have a lot of Polish people who still live in the suburbs of the city. Hamtramck is mostly arab and black now, but there are still a lot of Polish restaurants and grocery stores there. A few miles away from me they have a nice restaurant/grocery lot where I'll get some things when the chance is there. I don't know how the quality of their goods is compared to what you get, but their pierogies and sauerkraut stew are so good. Pic related.

Attached: polackmarket.jpg (600x450, 42K)

I was born in 1990
I used to spend my winter here playing with the snow. I had a big dog which I tied to sleigh. During summer I use to go to my summer home in Italy and go fishing with local fisherman.I spent many time in the woods building bows and arrows or trying to catch fish. I played Pokemon and watched Simpson and DragonBall

Attached: 16427028828_8cc632b142_b.jpg (1024x683, 152K)

Damn nice kek
btw pierogi are already plural, no need for es at the end
> I played Pokemon and watched Simpson and DragonBall
damn same
I remember jumping onto snow from a roof

I grew up in suburbs that look like this. On the one hand they're not very interesting like the condensed city streets, but they're pretty safe when you're a kid. Growing up we'd have big groups of us riding our bikes to one guy's house, building our own ramps and jumps for bikes and skateboards, building treeforts in the park
The problem arises when you get older where you're not quite an adult but not a kid anymore either, most of your peers will get bored and their parent's problems will start to take effect. Around 12-14 ish is when you really start experimenting with drugs and alcohol, when you start getting interested in fighting (fights were always a huge event). In highschool you either play sports or do drugs because there's nothing else to do; all the people I know who grew up to be successful played sports.

Attached: 5cfe8aca240000300f85a945.jpg (630x387, 85K)

My memories kinda start around 00. As a child skating was popular. Every kid played with Lego and pokemon and yugioh were huge. Most kids had Gameboys and ps2 or xbox. I'd play outside playing jailbreak or pretending to fight with friends and later airsoft wars all around the neighborhood. Kids would watch cartoon Network and Nickelodeon or Disney channel but the latter was more of a girls thing. The prequel star wars movies and Harry Potter were huge. Spy shit was big like buying "spy gear". Snacks like gripz and sunny d and fruit roll-up and shit were a thing too.

Also nig culture was extremely popular then too. Kids in elementary and middle school liked to act "gamsta" and listen to degenerate rap and kinda behave wiggerish even though we live in a very white area in the midwest

Not bad, looks nice
tfw never got into any sport
new generation/10
I watched commie cartoons and played with soldiers figures
we never had that

>born 92
>grew up late 90's, early 2000's
>wow, dota and cs was the shit, everyone was playing
>basshunter just became a national treasure
>all your friends together in a room
>deep bass playing
>jolt cola
>hot cheese toast
>computers in a bunch
>the wow raiding parties were wild
>the showdowns in CS were furious
>the smell of axe body spray, old pizza, jolt cola and sweat in the air
>the hairstyle was "spiky"
>the LAN party is going strong and nothing could stop us

youtube.com/watch?v=dhtprnN5Abs

Attached: LAN sverige.jpg (560x1662, 741K)

This as well, I miss those days

Attached: 1566155867614.jpg (300x268, 21K)

Born in mid 90s.
Lived in a commieblock which had a lot of kids of simmilar age kids so finding friends was easy. As I lived with older brothers and we only had 1 family computer they wouldn't let me use it lol. So most of time I spent outside with said friends/neighbors doing all kinds off stuff. Got hooked on a lot of certain things and ditch them like some months later. Like meme stuff like hardstyle, parkour, skating, blading, playing soccer and just usual kids games. A bit later I bought my own pc and as I grew older started to go outside less and less. And now only meet friends like once every couple months or so.

Mid 90's, small seaside town 45 minutes from Brisbane. Old hippy working class parents. School just up the street. The kids were pretty rough but okay. Used to go up to the beach every weekend.

Pictures would be just of forest, road and a small town center.

>born 93
>poor family in a small village
>stay after school at friend's checking out their cool shit
>stay too late and get a beating because parents were worried

>ride bikes with friends everywhere
>in winter ski a forest path to school
>pick, clean and sell forest berries to get money
>waste all hard earned money on energy drinks because friends drank them too

>save money with brother for a shared gameboy
>play pokemon fanatically
>playstation 2 is the shit, friends have new consoles
>get a super nintendo in the house, buy an adapter for gameboy disks
>now both can play at the same time

>often go to waste disposal center and bring back computer parts
>assemble working parts into a working PC with brother
>take turns between housework playing old games found on a hard drive someone threw away
>finally get internet access
>newgrounds is the shit
>get corrupted by the internet, the rest is history

Not only a different time, but because of a backwards poor family it feels like being a decade older than my peers.

Ahh...home

Attached: Calle_Florinda_Casco_Antiguo_historico_Jerez_de_la_Frontera_03.jpg (2790x4200, 2.82M)

looks neat

Attached: 5c5a03814a076.jpg (500x609, 137K)

Santiago de Compostela is a very beautiful area, got to visit it back in 2014.