Tell me about the German, why does it hate nuclear power?

Tell me about the German, why does it hate nuclear power?

Attached: basic nuclear diagram.jpg (800x430, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANDU_reactor
bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-nuclear-waste-storage-france/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's full of virtue signalling retards. The people who whine the hardest about CO2 emissions also whine the hardest about proven solutions to the problem because they're "scary" (a badly managed Soviet reactor had a meltdown almost half a century ago, which means that they're highly dangerous! Ignore the fact that a better managed Japanese reactor didn't have a meltdown despite ill-advisedly being built near a fracture line in an earthquake prone area) or unpopular (like pleasing the people who constantly whine about CO2 by taxing gasoline and air travel). They instead want to go for feel-good solutions that are in the end completely meaningless like planting a tree (in a first world country where forestry is already heavily regulated, not in threatened areas like the Amazon rainforest) or eating less meat.

I want to say this is finally one of those things France is doing right, but I'm pretty sure Macron committed himself to closing some of the plants that allow France to have the safest, cleanest energy in the world as well as energy self-sufficiency.

Attached: 1401742658648.jpg (720x485, 72K)

why does the general populous hate nuclear power?

this

what about nuclear waste?

>nuclear waste
not great, not terrible.

Even Romania pays them carbon emission taxes.

>nuclear plant near german border has small malfunction multiple times
>germans sperging out
Gotta love it

Attached: 1448883322828.jpg (900x900, 81K)

The potential for a disaster. However the bulk of German reactors that were closed down were Russian made and in the Eastern part of the country. It was Chernobyl tech upgraded with a paintjob and a laptop.

I mean when was the last time your countries build a nuclear plant?
I think the Netherlands only has 2 and 1 of them just produces material for science etc

That's not quite accurate. Being virtue signalling requires some level of independent thought. I rather think that many of my countrymen are just mindless drones who believe everything that is fed to them via the media.

Nuclear waste can be buried underground where they will slowly decay over the next few centuries. They won't add any CO2 or take up valuable land. The biggest drawback of nuclear power is the very small chance of leaks or criticality incidents.

yes you're so much better than those dumb normies

nuclear has been made exceptionally safe because of incidents like fukushima. it's the best solution to the problem that everyone is talking about but no one gives it any consideration

this is the big problem, if any of it leaks out it kills people horrifically

It is complete political suicide and even someone who build his platform on hating the world and not caring about liberal tears like Trump can't get away with it.
Humans aren't always rational

I remember years ago Germans would defend it and say things like "LOOK AT JAPAN!!!!" as if they lived on a island country that was susceptible to earthquakes

Nuclear power is expensive
France has invested in nuclear power so it's cheap for them and they get uranium from their colonies
Germany would need to get help from France if they went full nuclear.

Yes, but that's not really an achievement.

It's very expensive only when you look at the total cost. But when compared to the production cost it's quite cheap.

I would expect Canada to be very anti nuclear, yet we use a lot of reactors, and have a nuclear export industry.

Attached: CANDU-fuel-bundle-2.jpg (606x362, 44K)

>I rather think that many of my countrymen are just mindless drones who believe everything that is fed to them via the media.
That would be the general populace of every single place on earth.

If Chernobyl happened in 90% of Canada it wouldn't have been a problem at all. All you need is room really

This is true, the Romanian nuclear plant and its upcoming extension are Canadian. However it’s more of a Chinese tech and it burns all sorts of nuclear fuel, the good part being less likely to explode because it runs more efficiently on lower temperatures but you cannot cook plutonium in them unlike in most old Soviet reactors including the one in Pripyat.

They aren't allowed to do so. Nuclear powerplants means nuclear material which means nuclear weapons.

It’s not Chernobyl tech.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANDU_reactor

>Ignore the fact that a better managed Japanese reactor didn't have a meltdown

This is why I hate nuclear spergs

That thing created an exclusion zone just like Chernobyl and is still leaking shit into the ocean

Kek. People are already moving back to the zone and the radiation levels at the oceans are literally fucking nothing.

Attached: 1563120971607.png (485x443, 60K)

The answer is : FRENCH PHYSICIAN BVLL
bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-nuclear-waste-storage-france/

>Nevermind that people have to leave their homes for an indefinite period of time and the leak hasn't been fixed, nothing to see here, don't worry about it

You sound like a Soviet news anchor

based and redpilled

Based

>It's not like their homes were destroyed anyway by a tsunami that killed 18 000 people

Attached: 1508548114960.png (547x433, 12K)

We are building a new one now. We built our first one around mid 70 till mid 80s. Never had any problems with it.

Also let me tell you the tale about the Hungarian 'democratic intelligesta' and their great achievements:

Happened that the brotherly states of Hungary and Czechslovakia decided that we build a huge ass water plant on the Danube. This water plant could cover 25% our electricity need now. So in the late 80s. The libtards created the Danube Circle. A civil organisation that wanted to stop the building of the plant. Not at this point 90% of the power plant was ready. So they organized mass protests. Finally in 88 or 89 the government announced that they would not finish the he powerplant and abandon the idea forever. The construction costed us millions of dollars, but here comes the next. The Czechslovaks (now Slovakia) finished their part. It works till this day very well. AND SLOVAKIA AND AUSTRIA SUED Hungary for not building the plant. They were also awarded millions of dollars.

So what is the point, other than "don't build high priority volitile buildings in earthquake prone areas, or at least secure them against earthquakes when you do so"? It was again an example of mismanagement, just less horrible mismanagement because the Japanese aren't incompetent.

Germs are massive retards, really gullible.

Now having abandoned nuclear power, they have plastered the scenery with huge inefficient windmills, while they are surrounded with nuclear powered plants from the close neighbours.

Also the electricity costs are very high here, unjustified so.

>a better managed Japanese reactor didn't have a meltdown
It did, though.
But I agree with the rest you said.

>Because it's full of virtue signalling retards.
Pretty much this.

Retarded Greens+coal lobby

fearmongering populism by the green party after fukushima and latent fearmongering in the years prior

Brainwashing entire generations has created a segment of the population absolutely obsessed with moralfaggotry of every shape and size. The people fearmongering about this don't really give a fuck about the enviroment or anything else, they just want to feel morally right and force their doctrine on everyone else.