There were only like four Spanish Viceroyalties, why are there like twenty Latin countries?

There were only like four Spanish Viceroyalties, why are there like twenty Latin countries?

Attached: 1200px-Latin_America_(orthographic_projection).svg.png (1200x1200, 272K)

Same retardation that afflicts the Balkans.

Geography, poor governments, and bourbon reforms

Which Spic shithole?

Rich people from remote areas didn't want to compete with the rich people from the metropolis, so they pretend eating slightly different tortillas means they are a different culture.

All of them.

LOS

Puerto Rico here (ignore flag)

In our situation we weren't stuck with any vice royalty and had our own peninsular government. I imagine that was the case for many other Spanish posessions

cultural, ethnic and linguistic differences.duh

>differences
you all speak the same you all look the same and what fucking culture??

lmao they were fully anexed finnaly

For a minute i was going to say "burger education"
but then i seen the fellow brazilian flag.
nvm i am gonna just ignore

United States never wanted will never want want a powerful united latinoamerica

Mexico, Bolivia, Paraguay and Guatemala have many indigenous languages with varied number of speakers
NO, not everyone looks the same
There are mestizo countries: Mexico, Chile, Peru, Central America
there are indigenous countries: bolivia, guatemala,
There are white countries: Uruguay, Argentina, Costa Rica
black and triracial countries: cuba, puerto rico, colombia, Dom.Rep.venezuela
cultural differences are very large even among regions of the same country

Perfidious Albion

None of those “white countries” are white.

Uruguay is the whitest country in The Americas.

That is the correct flag though

Neiher Spaniards nor Southern Italians are white. They are mixed with Africans and Arabs. The only white people in Latin America are selected families of North-Western European extraction who emigrated a couple of generations ago.

this bassically, power struggles.

this too.
A united hispanoamerica is a dangerous idea too, not only for USA but for the EU.

thanks, mom

It's true, but you are forgetting the fact that naturally there were administrative divisions inside the Viceroyalties, so we found political divisions like the Capitanías Generales, Reales Audiencias and Gobernaciones, once you understand properly these kind of divisions and their development trough the history you can see there is an interesting overlaping of the current boundaries between the countries in the region and the political divisions back then, see pic related as example the Viceroyalty of New Granada.

Attached: New Granada circa 1580.jpg (1341x1080, 442K)

The independence wars were bloodier than in the US and screwed up all sides with deeper consequences affecting the continent even to this day.

Best case scenario would have ended up having four or five big spanish countries taking most of the territories for themselves.

Attached: Hispanoamerica.gif (1156x1600, 250K)

Brazil cockblocked us when we wanted to reunite the viceroyalty territories

Bolivar also selfishly tried to sabotage Martin's influence in Peru right from the start from what I've heard. It seems there was always selfish politicans trying to take most of the glory for themselves.

At the same time, there were obviously some talk of uniting the continent, but I wonder if the interaction between each leader and their band made them realize we aren't "arr same" and made them stop trying to push for a continental union. I'm almost sure the idea of a hispanic union is universally shared among most of us at a young age when we are too naive to realize there are fundamental differences between us, and the libertadores were awfully young at that time around their 20s. Bolivar definitely seemed to start harboring hatred towards the Peruvians in the later years of his life.

Yeah, i think uniting all of hispanic southamerica is unreachable but i was thinking of later periods like the independence of Uruguay or Juan Manuel de Rosas and his intentions to restore the borders of the Viceroyalty of Rio de la Plata and how Brazil sparked a civil war to overtrow him, and then how Brazil prevented the argentinian army from occupying all of Paraguay in the paraguayan war.
It's not that we didn't try, but as Rosas himself said:
>If more we didn't do to sustain our indepence, our identity and our honor it's because more we couldn't do