How can Americans give someone who can't do this a college degree?

How can Americans give someone who can't do this a college degree?

Attached: kefj.jpg (1080x514, 139K)

Alice is a lazy bitch

are bob and charlie gay

kek

no matter how long it's still shorter than my dick

>2019
>not knowing fake images are made every day for upvotes and retweets

get a grip Joonas

>How can Americans

4 hours

dab dab dab dab dab dab dab dab

The solution is to fire Charlie. What a lazy piece of shit.

Charlie is disabled. You get government money for hiring him.

4 hours 30 minutes...

You know it's the other way around right? Alice is fastest time for job meaning most done per hour.

I wouldn't call that a "basic" math problem.

In reality, we'd have to consider the impact (or lack thereof) of a diversity hire, the time lost to a fire/shooter/etc. drill, technology downtime, time spent on social media, etc.

is it
2xy=3xz=4yz
x = 2z and y = (3 z)/2
?

2 hours because Charlie not really doing anything

Add don't multiply

2 = x + y
3 = x + z
3 = y + z

x = -y + 2

3 = -y + 2 + z

y = z - 1

3 = z - 1 + z
4 = 2z
z = 2

3 = y + 2
y = 1

2 = x + 1
x = 1

4 = x + y + z

You're a retard

Nvm I misread the problem because I'm a tard

I have no idea how to solve this. Also, what if it's a job that requires a PC and the office has only two PCs?

You can do it easily two ways. If you do it quick on the spot, its easiest to just realise they all have unequal distribution. So you pick the lowest possible base time 7.
Charlie 1, Bob 2, Alice 3. So C+B+A=6, so they take 1 hour.

A+B do 50%/h
A+C do 33%/h
B+C do 25%/h
(A+B)+(A+C)-(B+C) = 2A = (50%)+(33%)-(25%) = 0.583333...%
Better represented as:
(6/12)+(4/12)-(3/12)=2A
A=(7/24)->B=(12/24-7/24)=(5/24)
->C=8/24-7/12 = 1/24
-> A+B+C=(1+5+7)/24 = (13/24)->1/(18/24) = 1.846... Hours

the + operation (2 people working on the job) is not well defined

>t. business major
Of course we can assume this job is trivially parallel, e.g. draw a fuckload of posters for a political campaign, and everyone gets a pencil.
Consider them as speeds, e.g. a+b does 1/2 jobs/hour. Then solve that system. Add their individual speeds together. Then calculate the time to complete one job given their combined speed just like you would calculate the time to travel a distance with a given speed. It seems Charlie is pretty much useless and hardly speeds the process up at all.

Attached: Screenshot_20190820_213443.jpg (859x1528, 156K)

Better represented by as
A+B work is 12/24
A+C work is 8/24
B+C work is 6/24
A+B+A+C-(B+C) = A+A = 2A = (12/24)+(8/24)-(6/24) = 14/24 - > A=7/24 work/h
Based Finn

Was a bit trickier than i thought, you need to calculate the tempo's they're working. T stands for Task.
A+B=T/2 (half a task/hour)
A+C=T/3
B+C=T/4
Then you find the work rates:
A=7/24.T (7/24th of a task an hour, only alice does the task in 24/7=3,43..hours)
B=5/24.T
C=1/24.T
A+B+C work at a speed of 13/24 of a task an hour, therefore a task is completed in 24/13 hours.
Same solution as shlomo

It's not tricky at all you learn how to solve these problems in high school but I guess most people forget over time.
I've seen ones that are harder than these

I see where you guys, and the book are coming from. But the situation doesn't really warrant treating it as a acceleration problem. It could just as easily be a number of objects to be processed in parralel (and makes more sense to assume).

I've graduated highschool a very long time ago, just wanted to check if i'm as much of a brainlet as your average american college student.

Actually instead of giving a shit about what each one does alone you just so ((A+B) +(A+C) +(B+C))/2 = (26/24)/2 which is equal to A+B+C and if you use the work done per hour gives the result much faster and in a simpler manner.

I don't really know about treating it as number of objects processed in parallel because even if it is they each do X per hour individually and you can add it together, I just see the problem and it's exactly like I did in HS

Can't blame the Americans they're too busy with looking out for the next shooter when they're not at teased and interrogated by police for making a schoolshooting threat online

Too lazy to do it on paper, but tried doing it in my head, and got 4.5 hrs.

holy shit this is probably the funniest post ive ever read on Jow Forums

This is better

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-192933_1.png (1080x738, 80K)

ok this one might be better

If alice and bob complete the task in 2 hours then surely they'll be faster and not 2,5 hours slower if charley joins the workforce?