Magic The Gathering

Why are people paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for cardboard?

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1145x888, 457K)

We don't even get cardboard when we buy cryptos.

money laundering

Even though these are never reprinted, some speculate that the value will go up since the game is in a death-spiral run by hasbro.

Why were people paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for digital scamcoin projects that are dead now?

I sold my world of warcraft account for 20 grand some years ago.

Cardboard that is impossible to source/copy conventionally.

Noone is paying that. You have to look at auction ending prices and even the customer is not obligated to pay for the item at the end of the auction if they change their mind.

Attached: pepecupandhandle.png (640x484, 126K)

Death Spiral? According to who Magic is getting more and more people to play every year

Hasbro, rosewater, and the unusual business practices from the past 4 years reflect otherwise.

It's still cardboard.

Was it an OG account?

>unusual business practices
You mean tranny-pandering?

that, masterpiece exclusives, buy a box promo mishaps, experimental set design with wishy-washy opinions on how many sets should be in a block (or having blocks at all), and other desperate attempts to get people to attend FNM since head counts on an (american) national level have been incredibly low compared to the last decade.

brainlet here, if these are worth so much money what prevents them from being counterfeited and how are they authenticated without damaging the cards?

Nothing prevents them from being counterfeited, but they can be identified. WotC uses a very specific dot matrix, die cut, and ink quality for each set and it changes throughout the years in which a set is printed. If they don't have exactly the right border, corner cut, darkness, card thickness, and font alignment, it's probably fake.

Attached: pursgvgbnx3z.jpg (767x1024, 363K)

Surprisingly fakes are pretty easy to spot.

Never played yugioh as a kid? Fakes are VERY hard to pass off. Even as a kid, you just knew that the card your mom ordered for you online was a chinese fake

i cashed out about 10% of my crypto holdings back in december to buy two legacy MTG decks. legacy had always been my favorite format, but before crypto i could never afford even a single deck.

those two decks are now worth more than my entire crypto portfolio kek

ARTIFACT IS THE NEW MAGIC

93/94 cards are almost impossible to be counterfeited due to certain characteristics and that is where all the real money is going into (old school mtg has massively outperformed crypto this year)