Why do normies love macbooks so much? Literally 95% of the students at my university own one...

Why do normies love macbooks so much? Literally 95% of the students at my university own one. Am I the only one who sees how fucking overpriced and stupid they are? Do I long AAPL to profit off this?

Attached: 1369A14A-619D-41EE-AC9E-C516F12DB4BA.jpg (775x500, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opengroup.org/openbrand/register/apple.htm
makeuseof.com/tag/linux-market-share/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because the OS is not as self destructive as Windows?

You're thinking of the Islam OS, not Windows.

>not have triple OSs

>macbook mainstream?
>must buy

Attached: 1536674992724.jpg (238x212, 5K)

2 pizza's please, hurry

Only NPCs buy Apple products

How much does comparable windows laptop cost? I don't know much about computers but apple laptops seem expensive to me. But everyone has them. Am I dumb or is everyone else dumb?

Windows is shit, anyone that does programming knows this...apple is bashed because it costs quite a lot but it's still a far superior product

Kek this actually made me laugh. This is how I unironically see every normie on their mac now.

gonna be honest I bought one recently (am 25yr old boomer)

why?

>solid piece of kit (whilst still slim/light)
>native unix (for deving shit)

sure you cant game on it, and its probably 50% more than a windows equilivent

but for a portable dev machine you can RELY on for YEARS, it's a good choice

(13" macbook pro = £1k bargain, dont touch the 2018 touchbar crap for £2k)

apple has some weird deal with higher education centres, I’ve been to two uni’s and mac laptops were fucking everywhere at both of them, after doing some digging i found out people were getting free mac laptops if they either faked or actually were dyslexic, just made me see all the apple macs like learning enablers for the retards or an empty trophy for the liars after i found that out, feltgoodman.

buy random laptop, have to reinstall windows every year because the registry just keeps on polluting itself

buying a macbook just to browse facebook doesnt make sense either though

My iMac is 15 years old-Apple makes solid shit

They're good computers and the track pad is the greatest ever made.

NPC detected

So they do actually target stupid people, always suspected it..

As a developer I had a MBP in my previous job and it was the best laptop I've used, the OS is pretty damn good as well.

>overpriced

The hardware is great.

I'm literally posting from a late-2011 Macbook Pro that I've never had a single problem with.

If you aren't using Linux, you won't make it. Trackpad is the only thing I like on a MBP. Besides that very happy with x1c 6th gen with ubuntu 18.04.

I can get $50-100 off of new models but that’s shit when they’re over $2000

>running literal communist software

not gonna make it brah

Attached: theo-de-raadt-3.jpg (257x200, 9K)

Honestly one of the best things about having a mac is the resell value. I could have bought a surface pro 2 for 3k aud and provably have to sell at $1k in a few years, but I am sure my mac will keep at least half of its retail value in that same timeframe. But I’ve had both windows and mac a lot throughout my life and when it comes to laptops, and the mac experience on laptops is just refined and more confortable. Also great if you are a programmar and not using linux for whatever reason..

macs are overpriced pieces of shit sold to computer illiterate pieces of shit

Attached: ABSPRO.jpg (450x422, 60K)

Lenovo t430 + main ssd + msata ssd + ultrabay ssd + 16gb ram + patricial t420 keyboard + 1600x900 screen + 9 cell battery + 9 cell slice battery + 3rd gen i5 = 650euros
If you can tinker and change parts it's a beast of a pc for productivity, and the keyboard makes you want to type shit

I’ve got a 15 inch i7 late 2013 model. Coming from windows laptops it’s been a revelation. It still runs like it’s brand new. I’ve never had to reinstall the OS, it never slows down or crashes or any of the other shit you’d get from a windows laptop. Plus as another user said, the trackpad is awesome. It’s the only laptop I’ve used where I haven’t instantly wanted to plug in an external mouse. Short if it dying I can see no reason to replace it anytime soon. I reckon I’d have been through at least two windows laptops in this time so the price seems a bargain in the long term.

Yeah, but Lenovo. Have you ever used a Lenovo? Ever seen the BIOS in a Lenovo machine? Don't get Lenovo.

90%+ of servers run on linux. Whatever you connect to, its most probably linux. So you are using the services of communist software all the time with your Win10/OSX machine.

Nazi BIOS from Lenovo side. You are right. You can use custom made BIOS though if something bothers you too much.

Ding ding ding
Macs just work, Windows does nothing but shit the bed ever since Microsoft started getting rid of all the white employees and replacing them with Indians
Normies don't really want to deal with a clunky OS that barely works. They don't really have to try and justify or defend windows because they aren't really gamers like most of you are, they just want a device that works

>Windows does nothing but shit the bed ever since Microsoft started getting rid of all the white employees and replacing them with Indians

Windows has been shit since forever.

Somewhat true, however, so have all the alternatives. The problem is that alternatives have improved dramatically, while Windows has improved somewhat, stagnated for several years, then took a complete nosedive in quality

Probably because Windows laptops are shit except the high end Lenovos, in terms of battery life and durability. Also Apple laptops have high resale value.

I would never buy a prebuilt desktop, I would always build my own. I would also never buy any other laptops other than Surface Pro, MB Air, Lenovo X,T Series.

>not buying a windows laptop and installing your favourite linux distro on it

Fucking NPCs

Thinkpad x201t ITT

Attached: 51L5vqIam4L._SX425_.jpg (425x319, 26K)

I own a Macbook Pro since 4 years, never had a problem with the hardware or software once. I can still resell it for 50% of the price.

>muh resell value meme

Enjoy getting your private keys stolen fucking retard

npc mang npcnormies

Get an HP Envy

Windows 7 was the Gold Standard

>90%+ of servers run on linux
lol no they don't

it's literally the only good thing apple makes.

macbook pros are godly.

>reselling your macbook pro
>ever

ISHIGGITSHOWTITY

Y'all misunderstand. Yes they're way over priced but they are reliable. I recently switched from my macbook to a surfacebook and honestly nothing is going to get close to apples build quality. Besides the OSX is pretty cool, its always reliable, you can color tag photos and stuff.

People know they're paying way to much for the parts, but they're mot paying for the parts.

Its like the consol vs. pc debate. Yes pc is technically superior but if you want to plug & play and sit on the couch then consol is better.

Hating mac = normie

I use memebook

I’ve had mine for 7 years now, it’s an actual quality product

>Being so poor you cannot afford the best computer for literately everything besides vidya that will last you 8+ years if you don't poor mountain dew in the vents
>Never gonna make it

wait what

Also when will they bring back 17 inch MacBook Pro

apple products are for NPCs
real players use linux and windows

when I had to decide for a new laptop 3 years ago, I went for a macbook pro and it was the best choice out of lots of reviews, honestly apple just does it better. the price is the only thing that sucks tho

If you want a dev machine, you can just get ubuntu for free. I don't think any developer is using a macbook. Firstly, if you're a network developer, you probably use ubuntu or any form of linux, not macOS. If you're a graphic developer, you need power, so you want the best graphics card and processor you can find each time, while still being affordable, you're gonna go for windows in that situation.

There's no reason to have a mac. It's a low-tier product for a high-cost.

I paid $1750 for my MacBook pro 3 years ago and I don't think I will need another computer for at least another 3 years.

Totally worth it for something I use many hours per day. Most people who have macs have used other computers and see the value. They are just easier to use, better everything, no cheap trakpad, no bullshit anywhere, honestly they just work. Go buy a new $700 computer that you are constantly fucking with every 3 years if you want

this but unironically

>It's a low-tier product for a high-cost.
that's just horseshit, they have their own superior OS and the processor combined with the speed of RAM and hard drive and screen resolution is on par with any similar spec computer, get bent

Attached: 1419815770631.jpg (1000x1000, 200K)

> something is expensive so it must be good

Enjoy your shit keyboard and overheating

Attached: 1820AD62-F193-48B8-B9B5-66B53A45A628.jpg (230x230, 18K)

Yeah but windows has blast processing.

>ubuntu on a laptop
yeah have fun with the horrendous battery management, the laptop not sleeping properly, peripheral and driver hell.
>I don't think any developer is using a macbook
Then you're a complete brainlet with no idea what you're talking about. You know macOS is a BSD derivative right?, its a literal UNIX like system. There is zero, none, absolute no fucking reason to use ubuntu over macOS other than "it costs a bit more".

I'm still using the same $700 Dell laptop I bought in 2013. You need to cope harder.

>when you /g and /biz dualpost and forget where you’re at
I got one for $500 on amazon and don’t even use it anymore desu. Rationale was there is basically no laptop on the market with a better build quality than 2012 mbps. Especially in the hinge. I like that I can open it and it doesn’t creak, the screen doesn’t flex, I don’t have to hold the base down either. It just stays put. And they’re surprisingly easy to service as the bottom just comes off like a panel exposing everything. New mbs are cancer and so it mac OS btw

cause windows and linux are both shit.

>its a literal UNIX like system
>UNIX-like
it's actual, real, certified UNIX.
opengroup.org/openbrand/register/apple.htm

UK fag here, dunno if its the same deal for burgers but basically they just give the students that are disabled or pretending to be disabled the laptops for free, it has something to do with the mac laptops having some proprietary software on them called dragon or some shit. Also theres way better laptops out there for a RRP of less than $2000 and if you go the factory refurb route its even cheaper, get a windows and just install a mac virtual machine on it by pirating the software.

rude

Attached: stfu_kafir.jpg (378x474, 33K)

I have a Mac mini, a mb pro an iPad and an iPhone and the ones that don’t like it can suck my fat French dick, morons

Mac specific battery and heat issues on later ubuntu versions are caused by acpi interrupts. The USB bus I think, if this is any use to anyone.

Fucking shit face. There you go: makeuseof.com/tag/linux-market-share/
>However, according to W3Cook, Linux powers the servers that run 96.5 percent of the top one million domains in the world (as ranked by Alexa).
What a fucking brainlet. Kill yourself

Not all servers are web servers.

dunno but asus zenbook is patrician tier

Never had battery issues. I've had more issues with my 2015 MBP and its batteries. Yes, I got a MBP from my mom. Not as a gift, she just said: It doesn't feel right. I used the MBP to make iOS applications and it sucked. I bootcamped it with windows and eventually just sold it. (for a good price though, so that's at least something).

With the money I sold it for, I bought a PC with a core i5 and a 1080 TI. I even had money left over...

You idiot devs that go for the newest mainstream bullshit are forgetting that development literally is a goddamn note-editor and a terminal. It's been like this since 1999. It's not splitting atoms, it's just writing code.

Buy LG phone instead of apple

Android is superior. As for computera and laptops. You wanna play a relevant game? Get windows.

I fully kitted out a MBP almost 4 years ago, cost me about $1800. This thing still runs as fast as the day I got it, has never crashed and is in excellent shape. I am thinking I can get another 4 years out of it. I was going through a PC laptop every two years almost to the day! for a little more up front money I am going to save alot in the long run!

>I'm still using the same $700 Dell laptop I bought in 2013. You need to cope harder.
what are it's specs

I know this is probably bait but my $700 laptop is still as fast as day 1 and has no issues, it's now 2 years old

What do you even mean y "I was going through a pc every 2 years"? You were smashing them?

I know it's not a laptop but I still use a gaming desktop from 2012-2013 and it runs everything fine. Specs i5 2500 gtx 670 8gb ram. It's a complete meme they slow down, this is dumb zoomers loading their computers up with crap

>well muh experience is completely different from observable data and facts
nice

>With the money I sold it for, I bought a PC with a core i5 and a 1080 TI. I even had money left over...
wow you sold a laptop and purchased a desktop and it was more powerful, tell us more dipshit.

>You idiot devs that go for the newest mainstream bullshit are forgetting that development literally is a goddamn note-editor and a terminal. It's been like this since 1999. It's not splitting atoms, it's just writing code.
Exactly, and that is exactly why macOS is better than literally everything else at development, clean interface with the best window management. Its the intersection between friendly facebook machine and power user/ developer.

1. Windows is terrible
2. They're afraid of GNU/Linux

It's well designed.

Strongly considering caving and buying my first Macbook Pro. Bought a new Asus in 2015 and the shitbox has had multiple critical sound card failures, system errors, and unironically while on the phone with customer service a plastic piece covering the speakers literally fell off. From what I've seen and heard, Macbooks seem so reliable over time and I can rent it out on shoots which will probably pay for itself over 1-2 yrs. I don't need it for editing (though it's nice to have the capability) but when I'm DITing on set handling TBs of 4k footage, reliability is paramount, and I simply can't trust my Asus.

those are good enough reasons desu

People don't realize how cheap laptops are, in the late 90s any laptop was $3000 and they sold just fine, people don't realize how powerful and useful they are. For anyone who uses them for work and will use one for years, it's not the place to cheap out and save money

>Macbooks seem so reliable over time and I can rent it out on shoots which will probably pay for itself over 1-2 yrs
don't do that

>I know it's not a laptop but I still use a gaming desktop
geez
>It's a complete meme they slow down, this is dumb zoomers loading their computers up with crap
computers don't slow down, operating systems and program system requirements go up over the years, making the same computer seem slower

A 233mhz computer from 1996 still runs at 233mhz, but modern software is so bloated it won't run

Well where do you get your facts from? The only thing I hear is from commercials and NPC fags saying: "It just works". Well I tried it and personally discovered that it just works, just like windows just works.

It's supposed to work you idiot.

It still doesn't explain why it costs twice as much for half the specs.

>it costs twice as much for half the specs
[citation needed]

Replying on a first gen mac air still in excellent condition. Had a dell and lenova and they fucked up within 3 years

>yeah have fun with the horrendous battery management, the laptop not sleeping properly, peripheral and driver hell
My old laptop ran Mint and I didn't have any of those problems. Used it until the touchpad wore out and then bought a new one this spring. My new laptop is also running Mint and it's been an aboslute basketcase. Both of them are Asus with Intel chips. It's a bit of crap-shoot, I think. It depends how much bullshit they put into the firmware. We need somebody to make a no-bullshit processor so non-shit OSes can work properly on it with minimal fuss.

i do programming and i disagree, seems you are a liar then

dell xps

>It still doesn't explain why it costs twice as much for half the specs.
um, because it doesn't ?

a dell xps is not 50% cheaper than a macbook

>Well where do you get your facts from?
Try browsing a Ubuntu forum and look at the absolute state of it, I mean even this guy instantly responded with some trouble shooting tips. If that doesn't tell you the whole story, nothing will.

>It still doesn't explain why it costs twice as much for half the specs.
You're paying for a better product, also most high spec laptops have converged in pricing lately so this isn't exactly true.

so you are a mac guy and also a console guy

i hate you 2x then

What kind of amateur dev are you that you use a laptop for development anyways?

>What kind of amateur dev are you that you use a laptop for development anyways?
I take it you've never actually been employed, portability is critical, I'm a full stack dev.

me too

and im on windows, AMA

Normies buy then as a status symbol.

Software people buy them because they last a very long time and macOS is the most stable and well-supported UNIX-like distribution.

So am I.

You see, portability is a non issue if your actually took your time and organized your files on a VPS and basically just SSH / FTP from everywhere to anywhere.

If you're typing on a small ass laptop, either a mac or a lenovo, you're gonna have a bad time.

It's annoying how you NPC's get tricked into: Mac is great for creative people, Mac is great for developers, Mac is great for facebook - meme.

Any goddamn laptop can do this, if it can't do stuff (like a MAC's stupid apple store / apple ID problem, with needing to verify everything a million times), it's just wasting your time.

>i do programming and i disagree, seems you are a liar then
also a programmer, can confirm windows is shit for programming. 99% of tutorials / install guides assume you're on a linux/unix.

Because I have a MacBook Air from 2012 and it is still kicking ass vs other laptops that start to give problems after a year or two.
Also, it is very user friendly.

let me guess, you work in an 'agile' environment that has no separation as it's all open office, and you're a full stack developer because your primarily a nodejs Dev but you can fix a few bugs in a java backend.
You then value portability because you like to take your laptop over to people to question shit code and have a coffee in the meantime without getting anything done.
fucking full stack developer, you're a meme