Today i learned that the british prime minister can suspend their parliament by asking the queen

Today i learned that the british prime minister can suspend their parliament by asking the queen

Great democracy there lads

Attached: golden kek.jpg (250x247, 12K)

Lords can pass their office to their sons

Today I learned the french bankrupted themselves to spite england in the american independence and were never repaid a penny of their debts then subsequently spent many decades failing to install their republics by the time they finished they got btfo by germany

y-you too

Democracy is shit

British democracy has lasted like 500 years. France is on its fifth republic.

lmao
medieval tier stuff
why is britain so ati democratic?:

Is this a joke?

I also learned that single french gal expelled britbongs from france without trying. This made brits so angry to the point they burned her but later apologized and canonized her as a saint.

>The House of Lords Act 1999 removed the entitlement of most of the hereditary Peers to sit and vote in the House of Lords.
>Of the 92 hereditary Peers who retain their seat in the Lords, 75 were elected by their fellow hereditary Peers.

The Queen always accepts its just a ritual

And it's based.

>be French government
>collapse again for the 7th time

Fucking medieval

It's because they never had a major constitutional discontinuity after the Glorious Revolution, so very outdated practices have been able to survive throughout the centuries.

democracy is fucking stupid
>hurr durr lets just give every person in the country a vote, who cares if they're sub 80 iq niggers or chavs who can barely read what could go wrong
the proles must be kept in line

This. Based.

>HURRR MUH DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont forget this James Bond is the only good thing Britain has ever produced

Democracy is heavily flawed, after all a clueless person has the same say in who runs the country compared to someone that actually knows what they're talking about. And people vote based on empty promises made by politicians, so there's absolutely zero guarantee you'll get what you vote for anyway. However the alternatives aren't exactly better.

Monarchy is stupid since there's no guarantee that the son of a good king will also be a good king. Having one person who is above the law also means they are left unchecked and can do things that could be harmful to the country without personally receiving any punishment. The same argument can also be made against dictatorships.

And an oligarchy or aristocracy is flawed since the power is only given to a small subset of the population. So they will most likely just pass laws that benefit themselves only, instead of passing laws that are beneficial to the entire country. Plus wealth or heritage is not exactly a good way of determining whether someone is qualified to be a politician.

The best way to govern a country is to give it in the hands of some group of grey autistic technocrats who know what the right number are and will work to reach them
Not even memeing

lçords of what?