Jow Forums I'm a pretty solid programmer, but I don't have good product ideas...

Jow Forums I'm a pretty solid programmer, but I don't have good product ideas. Give me a decent idea and I'll give you 30% if I make it.

pls no blockchain crap, I want to make something people use.

Attached: CtIQUcHWEAAb8kJ.jpg (400x600, 37K)

an AI that will comfort people

I give you 50%, rest goes to charity.
PCB and customer base are ready.
How do i contact you?

link 1k eoy

Its simple esp8266 program with micropython. You should make it in few hours. Potential usage will be billions daily.

Make a mobile game that doesn't suck. This is almost impossible, apparently. Literally every mobile game has some kind of garbage microtransaction system, or is riddled with ads. How about those games that make you watch a 1-2 minute ad video before you can continue with the game? Or those games that make you wait 2 real world hours to do something, or else spend real money to skip the wait time?

And don't even get me started and Chinese and Japanese gacha games. Boring RNG cash-grab trash. All mobile games are trash. You can change this. Do it.

They add all that shit because it's really hard to monetize mobile games.

There are better ways to monetize a game than making it unplayable.

haven't done embedded for a while, but I'm an EE by training so I can catch up in a couple of days

>idea app
>app where ppl submit ideas
>devs work on ideas, giving the idea guys 30% if they make it
get to work wagie

p2p chaturbate-alike network
people make tokens by providing resources to whores who stream their bodies
whores get paid in e.g. USDT directly by users, of which n% is invested in tokens and distributed to resource holders

Byob (build your own brapper)

Give me an idea of what you want to see in a mobile game

Neat! Send your contacts to [email protected]

Hi OP, from my observations many good business opportunists boil down to marketing and getting the people/customers to use/buy the software rather than the programming. Sure the app doing something useful is prerequisite, but looking at local freelance boards there is an unending stream of people looking for similar projects like "migrate my eCommerce shop from platform A to platform B", "write me an app that scraps this info from the net", "do me a project management/ERP/CRM thingy that is similar yet a bit different that all the other solutions out there".... The one that gets often mentioned to me personally is an inventory management system for carpenters (or mechanics or whatever) - it tells you what parts/materials you have in store and bills for things you used on the job etc. I mean there should be hundreds of those up there on the internet, yet somehow the people who would benefit from them never run into them? Other common example is using solvers/optimizers for things like lessons plans, scheduling work etc so many hours are wasted in companies around me for something that was already done by the computer back in the 90s...

If you are looking for some novelty then may I suggest integrating weather forecasting into project planning/job scheduling software, I could see it being very beneficial especially in farming related fields, maybe also in construction industry.

Other thing is a diet/meal planner, not for a person, but a whole family. Make it keep track of what is in the fridge so no food/money is wasted (suggest a recipe for a meal that uses thing that will spoil soon etc).

You may keep the 30%, cheers.

Fellow EE, maybe you can help me out then. I also graduated with bachelors in EE and biometrics, but pretty much wishing I would’ve just done full Comp Sci.

I’m decent at programming too, but I’ve never had a serious opportunity to hone my skills professionally and I can never finish anything when it comes to pet projects, so my github looks like the programming equivalent of a flaccid penis beneath the overhang of a stomach roll.

How do I into a “real” software dev job if my current skills are soft and shallow?

Also I love this post, you pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. I’m scrounging around on Upwork rn peddling my sole somewhat-substantial skill of being obsessed with crypto (on a general/high level) and thus taking a lot of consulting type gigs. But I’ve been seeing a ridiculous amount of listings for stuff like “build me a trading bot”, when there’s a ton out there already not to mention a plethora of full, ready-made API implementations for every major exchange in every language if you didn’t want to pay. Pretty weird desu

Just apply for entry-level software development jobs as most companies look for people with CS, MIS, EE, or related degrees. If you know a little bit about writing programs, you'll get hired on easily as most companies hire monkeys with MIS degrees or worse. Even most computer science graduates don't even become decent developers.

uhhh, so I did a bachelors and masters in EE but then got into a Machine Learning PhD.
Dropped out 2 years in and looked around and got a shitty job. Changed to a better one a couple of years later.
Once you're in the system, it gets easier.
But you're still a wagie as someone above pointed out, so shrug

>Feet hidden
Fucking gross. Get rid of that trash now.

ok hear me out

its github on a blockchain. so uncreative programmers can steal ideas from each other

also if you're not a nerd like me, you can just bullshit around and become a suit-tie motherfucker lol

senior SE willing to work together or provide ideas
hit me up emc2#3278 @ discord

A multicurrency crypto wallet with Trezor/Ledger support and the ability to purchase crypto from within the app.

Take a small fee off the top of purchases to cover development costs n sheeeit.