Do Australians really eat these things? What does it taste like?

Do Australians really eat these things? What does it taste like?

Attached: IMG_7111.jpg (540x405, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-05/port-augusta-becomes-australian-renewable-energy-hub/10338812
youtube.com/watch?v=rbwGP774Ls8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Very tough beef
Best for slow cooking

Gamey and iron-rich. It's like 99% fat free so you need to cook it high and fast or it will go tough as fuck.

Tail meat?

i eat it like twice a week, either as steak or sausages etc
it has a pretty distinct flavor but its comparable to lean beef

So slow or fast?

they only think its tough because they cant cook
just dont fuckin burn it and it will be tender

This cunt doesn't know what he's talking about.

Either very high and fast or low and slow.

If you want to cook it slowly it needs to be a roast or a stew to stop it going tough.
Otherwise, cook it fast and eat it rare. I remember one time while fishing on the Murray with kangaroo meat as bait I found myself with a leftover chunk so I stuck a stick through it and held it over the fire for a bit to cook it.
Best kangaroo I've ever had.

I'm laughing super hard right now because Australians eat kangaroos

This is exactly how I imagine Australians

Based

It's good stuff, cheap, healthy and tasty.
You'd be a fool not to eat it.

Attached: Kangaroo_meat_supermarket.jpg (1200x900, 179K)

I found some at Lidl once. It was of course frozen but still pretty damn good. Like lean beef.
I don't see what's supposedly wrong with eating them. Are you one of those people who are weirded out by us eating reindeer.

It's very soft and meaty

I love it

It is literally sweeter than other meats

i bet it tastes all rubbery

Gamey flavour.

Stacks of good ways to cook it. One good way to cook it is cut out into chunks, marinate it with diced garlic, honey, bbq sauce and then fry it in a pan with good amount of oil.

This thread is making me hungry. I want to fuck a kangaroo now.

He's weirded out by anything that isn't overly processed and pumped full of HFCS

Sounds like a good way to get your kneecaps kicked in.

It's really expensive.
We hunt them to keep numbers down to protect farmland.
The obsession with beef and lamb in his country is fucking stupid when we have one of the healthiest sources of red meat literally being used for dirt cheap petfood 99% of the time. This country is fucking retarded.
Also, why don't we take advantage of the outback aside from mining? China has a massive solar panel farm in their desert area that is being used to power something like 100 million homes. We get more consistent sun than China, surely. Set up fuck off huge solar array stations and connect those to power grids instead of the failing, overpriced fossil fuel shit we use now.

This country is ran by greedy cunts with short term interests.

Attached: tikaanausagi.jpg (734x1014, 243K)

A friend of mine hunted them in Australia and when you shoot one you have to check it out if there's cubs in it's pouch, and when there are you bash them to death with the stock of your gun as required by law.

Fuck that, let's build nuclear reactors in the middle of the outback. We already have stacks of natural uranium.

Australia is the richest country in the world but lacking in a lot of things. It makes no sense, as if the rulers still think of it as a colony.
Uranium as a resource isn't worth that much. Many countries produce it and with relatively small quantities you can fuel your reactors for decades.

Incredibly low fat content (2%, compared to the 30% of beef), and very high protein

Hard to cook with though

What a sad existence.

>NOOOO, YOU CANNOT EAT HORSES AND KANGAROOS, THEY'RE OUR FRIENDS!!!!

>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T BOIL DOGS ALIVE TO PEEL OFF THEIR SKINS EASIER AND GIVE THEM MORE FLAVOUR, THINK OF THE WOOFER PUPPER GOOD BOI

This but unironically.

>Also, why don't we take advantage of the outback aside from mining
You might be interested in this:
mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-05/port-augusta-becomes-australian-renewable-energy-hub/10338812
It's not much but its a start. I also agree with you 100% that we as a nation eat too much beef and not enough kangaroo.

O-okay.

That's fucking awesome.

>Also, why don't we take advantage of the outback aside from mining?
Well we're the lucky country after all. 55 years since Horne said and still no one listens.

why wouldn't we eat them?

Really thick and chewy almost like jellybeans or something.

Roo tail is a bit like ox-tails if you've ever had them, there's a bit more fat on the tail along with a lot more dense muscle.
Takes a long cooking cycle just like a brisket and its really pretty good.

It's gonna get far, far bigger. This nation is heading for a renewables boom and it's going to make the mining boom look like that one time the government found a couple of million in the budget that they forgot to spend.

How the BSE treating you these days Nigel?

youtube.com/watch?v=rbwGP774Ls8

Very lean meat. It's pretty good, but could be a little cheaper. I guess you can't really farm kangaroos but god knows there are enough of them to hunt.

>upgrade snowy hydro project
>at the same time, burn more cial to speed up global warming
>global warming increases rain and wild weather
>snowy hydro plant becomes more effective
>???
>profit
foolproof plan to use more renewable energy

>"gamey"

Attached: 1514829986954.png (665x800, 54K)

very bad post

>italian 'cuisine'

Attached: 81BPRQooDbL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 222K)

cringe

I highly recommend it.

How else would you describe the distinctive strong taste that game has? You all were supposed to be culinarists in Italy.

what does this taste like

Attached: 1562649849778.png (640x458, 534K)

chicken

wtf i love crocs like

Its sort of got the texture of poultry meat like quail, but a tiny bit like fish in taste.

its not cheap cunt. bought some the other day, 17 bucks a kilo or someshit. and it smelt pretty fucked. tasted nice tho.