Do you like Croatia?

Do you like Croatia?

Attached: 3BA08FBF-53FE-4612-89A8-C61D30C2A7DC.jpg (720x893, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hisafranko.com/en/
youtube.com/watch?v=I49PylUuxQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VV5TKIHPeW0
youtube.com/watch?v=HBZoKWy8c8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7a0su-l8TXY
youtube.com/watch?v=ptg6v7T1Y_A
youtube.com/watch?v=tTKENIw36Ss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no, but I like istria and Dalmazia :3

Yes but I wish people used the Italian names for the Dalmatian/Istrian cities. Even in Italy people say Dubrovnik instead of Ragusa.

During WW1, dozens of Croatians came to Japan as war prisoners.
They were crew members of the Austrian-Hungarian battleship "Kaiserin Elisabeth”
They were probably Croatians who visited Japan for the first time.
There seemed to be many ItalianDalmatians, Hungarians.

What? Where can I read this story?

Croteam made Serious Sam so yes

No, it's expensive, getting more and more crowded and croatians are really butthurt about slovenians for some reason. I really don't understand why so many of my compatriots fall for the croatian seaside meme.

Well ok, Paklenica is really nice, might go again next summer :r+

yes

Honestly? No.

Odi na yt I vupisi u boj u boj japan

iktf. people here reffer to Villach and Klagenfurt all the time.
Except for Trst, no one uses any other name for Trst, which is ours of course.

Nobody is butthurt about Slovenians

Stolen clay.

I investigated the German Jiaozhou Bay lease land battle against the Japanese army.
Kaiserin Elizabeth evacuated there, The crew worked with the German army.
I also looked at the list of prison camp inmates.
Croatians or ItalianDalmatians were allowed to return their country a little earlier than Germans.
Because there ware not considered a major enemy.

What are job opportunities like in Croatia and Zagreb?

Attached: 1563594307856.jpg (900x1350, 442K)

Yes, i love Croatia! I wish i lived there

Zagreb has like 3% unemployment rate right now. It depends on region. The situation is little bit better. The unemployment rate is 7%.

been only to Istria and Zagreb, love the former and liked the latter.

I liked it when I visited, you guys are cool

I unironically think that Trieste would be better under Slovenia, as it didn't make sense to separate it from its suburbs, but that's not up to me to decide fortunately.
What are the Slovenian names of Klagenfurt and Villach?

kill yourself unironically Janez

talos principle is one of my favorite games

I liked it better when it was Yugoslavia.

Yes, I want to visit Croatia next year

>Zagreb has like 3% unemployment rate right now. It depends on region. The situation is little bit better. The unemployment rate is 7%.

What are the nicest places in Croatia?

What are the Italian names for the Dalmatian/Istrian cities?

It's Celovec for Klagenfurt and Beljak for Villach (the german name just being a germanification of the slovenian name).

Honestly, in terms of demographics, Trst beloning to Italy made a lot of sense, a lot more slovenes were left on the other side of the border further up north, around Cividade. But then again, so were a lot of Italians in Istria.

Capodistria, Isola, Pirano, Parenzo, Rovigno, Pola, Fiume

don't know the Dalmatian ones except Dubrovnik which is Ragusa.

Dubrovnik=Ragusa or Ragusa di Dalmazia
Split=Spalato
Zadar=Zara

yes i do!

well, okay, this fits better for me too

if you want a big city with its amenities you only have zagreb which will probably remind you of poland or some other ~2nd world city

if you want nice nature then beyond a few national parks in the inlands you more or less have the dalmatian coast and islands but only as long as you avoid the fucking tourist trap locations, though luckily there's a ton of places that haven't been saturated yet if you're willing to use ferries or have your own boat

>as you avoid the fucking tourist trap locations

how bad are the tourist trap locations and where are they?

generally the larger towns on the coast from istria all the way to like split or so

by the time you get all the way down to dubrovnik it clears up a bit because all the budget tourists from europe don't go any further than they have to

dubrovnik is nice itself and has excellent history (they filmed kings landing for game of thrones there)

i remember a few years ago me and my friends were just driving past a ginormous medieval wall and didn't really know what it was even though it looks huge even from the road, then five minutes later a radio show informed us that it's the biggest wall after the great wall of china lmao

but most of all i recommend the dalmatian islands, the infrastructure there sucks because it's very rural, but the nature is very beautiful and excellent for sea turism, and there aren't many people there

Are you talking about the ston walls?

yes

>avoid tourist traps
>dubrovnik is nice

Attached: abc2.jpg (2000x1335, 1.23M)

the beaches around it aren't as saturated with tourists as you find farther up north, all the towns are like that though, you can't help that

Seeing so many people at one place scares me of terrorist attacks, one happens and we are ruined

What do you think of Split and Zadar?

Do Croats drink a lot?

Both cities are great for tourists
Also yes, especially slavonians and bosnians

i think split is worse than zadar, but i am a bit personally biased there

i would say that the drinking scene is quite healthy

Yes

>Do you like Croatia?

Like? Fucking love it. It just saddens me that it has become a favorite destination for the lower class of my country and I want to apologize for it.

Germans are good people in general, lots of you are very based once we get u drunk

>What are the nicest places in Croatia?

As a tourist? I discovered a small town called Groznjan by accident during my last trip and was blown away. Extremely cozy and comfy, a tiny little town (more like a tiny village) of artists situated on the top of a hill, comprised of ancient little stone houses.

Thank you, but you're being too kind. I don't want German tourists to turn beautiful, pristine Croatia into another Mallorca.

The only ones who made me cringe harder than German tourists were Austrian tourists. Also, I kek'd at the insane amount of Italian tourists, but they are generally really chill. And I was surprised at the amount of Czech tourists. How can they even afford to travel?

I think one of the things that struck me the most was how friendly and chill all the locals were (I can only speak for Istria). And I could tell it wasn't just for show, they were genuinely nice, helpful, friendly, and they seemed really happy.

Grisignana is based, during the jazz festival it's 10/10

nice digits

also croatians really love germans, they respect you more than any other tourist

>I unironically think that Trieste would be better under Slovenia
I think you misspelled Gorizia

We love slovenes more than germans honestly, germans are good because they dont cause drama and they keep it to themselves, and slovenes are our brothers

Czech tourists die very often in the mountains here, idk why
Also yeah, istrians are very chill, along with dalmatians, I would say even northern croatians are like that, especially when we get drunk
Also please visit zagorje, prigorje or slavonia next time
It is unique compared to the generic med culture

I couldn't fathom why. I just know that I try to be a bit respectful when abroad. In Croatia, that means I don't presume everybody speaks Germany (even tho they do, at least in Istria, they're literally quadrilingual) and I address the locals in English.

Also, Slovenia is next on my list, I plan to go skiing there this winter, and I want to visit in summer again and check out this restaurant:

hisafranko.com/en/

I have definitely decided to pay more attention to Croatia and during my next big vacation I plan a trip along the coast from Istria down to Dalmatia (I am considering spending a day or two in Albania too), but thanks for your suggestions, I will look up those places you mentioned and plan for a small detour to see the countryside.

Have you been there?

yes, plenty of times.
that area of Istria is great and the one I know the most, Grisignana, Montona, Portole, Piemonte, all beautiful.
>mfw I don't know how the Croatian spelling of those places

Attached: 159872987983.png (1000x666, 331K)

Yeah we butchered those names
Istrians and islanders are croato venetian mutts, literally master race

you are good people, plus I understand your dialect almost perfectly so I can actually communicate.
... God I can't wait for autumn to come so I can come eat truffles in Istria.

Yeah, Slavonija is definetely my favorite region in the balkans along with northern serbia (vojvodina), it is an odd mix of cultures being mainly slavic with some hungarian and german
youtube.com/watch?v=I49PylUuxQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VV5TKIHPeW0
youtube.com/watch?v=HBZoKWy8c8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7a0su-l8TXY
youtube.com/watch?v=ptg6v7T1Y_A
Thanks, i had good experience with an italian from naples myself
>plus I understand your dialect almost perfectly so I can actually communicate
i am not from istria but i know the dialect well and they have alot of istrian words, along with dalmatians
>God I can't wait for autumn to come so I can come eat truffles in Istria.
i wish i could afford that, where are you from btw, venice i assume

Attached: SLavonija-1.jpg (1600x900, 403K)

>istrian words
meant to say venetian

I'm from bumfuck nowhere in central Italy actually, the gf is Istrian from that area though, hence why I know it well.
the dialect isn't hard for any Italian speaker I think, you just need to get used to some words and slavisms you'll be all set.
regulard ol' Croatian is too hard for me, not as much as Slovenian but still, it's really different.

is your gf croatian or italian(venetian)
youtube.com/watch?v=tTKENIw36Ss

croato-slovene mutt from the Italian minority on the croatian side.
she has both citizenships and could have the Italian one but Italy has a limit of two simultaneous citizenships so it's kind of a pain in the arse.
I think by all means we share more cultural traits than she does with mountain slovenes/croats. before starting to visit Istria often I had no idea the culture was still like that.

yeah istria has strong med culture compared to even dalmatia
my 1st cousin is half istrian and his mother is croatian but her surname is fabretti, so venetian not slavic

from what I've seen it's a mixed bag, lots of surnames ending in -ic too, a lot of people have Italian first names though. I think it's kinda sad that the average Italian doesn't know about this cultural similarity or even the story of those places.
believe it or not I still have to visit Dalmatia, for one reason or another I never had the chance, I've only seen Zagreb outside of Istria.

>a lot of people have Italian first names though
i'd say thats a thing for whole croatia, most common name here is Luka so it is in Slovenia and Veneto region i believe
>believe it or not I still have to visit Dalmatia, for one reason or another I never had the chance, I've only seen Zagreb outside of Istria.
islanders have their dialect influenced with venetian but they aren't mixed with them, that happened only in the major cities like zadar and split
the inland of dalmatia is slavoid central, 20 minutes drive by car and it's like a different country

Luca is a fucking plague here, I know like 30 Luca's, fucks sake.
also I don't really mind m8, as long as they don't scam me all slavoids are friends.
I want to visit that barren island where political prisoners were sent during Yugoslavia.

Slovenia > Crnagora > Whorevatska

But they're all tip top in so many ways, to be fair.

I go to Montenegro where they don't hate me and get the same experience

yeah goli otok is interesting
>also I don't really mind m8, as long as they don't scam me all slavoids are friends.
i am a slavoid and we're chill, altho my grandma uses italian as an insult towards lazy people lol

kek good bantz

always allies

Attached: fd0af6884d9d270edf78.jpg (740x416, 39K)

Yes ignore the fact that Mussolini tried to annex Croatia beteween 1920 and 1940, and the only thing denying it was our King

mein bruddi

Mussolini was born 136 years ago, let it go

Attached: 1531244867641.png (485x443, 18K)

everybody makes mistakes, coexistence between croatians and italians is possible

Before Italy capitulated in 1943, the Italians held the Dalmatian coast while you were good dogs to Germans

Nobody cares

why are serbs always so butthurt that nobody wants to be their dog anymore