Why did the Romans avoid Ireland?

Why did the Romans avoid Ireland?

Attached: shutterstock.jpg (729x425, 50K)

Ireland is invincible

Nothing worthwhile there

They feared us

How is it scary? Britain genocided most of them

i will never understand why these empires were so large
what is the point?

It’s shit that’s why

Romans wanted to control Mediterranean sea entirely

They wouldn't dare to attack us

Imagine a place where there aren't even towns to conquer.

So that centuries later people with a distinct lack of chin could admire them

It was for self-defence. If you massacre your enemies and control their lands then you are less likely to get BTFO. It worked for a few centuries until they started to treat the natives humanely and that was the end of that.

okay i guess, but why would ceasar invade england?
i doubt that the celts had plans on conquering mainland europe since they were very tribal compared to even germans

Caesar was a mad expansionist. They pop up every century. Hitler/Napoleon/Genghis Khan for example.

there was nothing there but heavily wooded forest and savages they couldn't get anything out of. no trade, no resources, no development, no money no nothing

They feared the mick warrior

>They
You don't claim Roman legacy?

The actual reason is that the Roman economy was reliant on war. Romans would grant land to their legionaries following a successful conquest, and enslave the population. As Rome expanded, it needed more and more resources to support its economy so it ended up being a viscous cycle reliant upon conquest. They later transformed their economy and underwent Pax Romana, but prior to this, war WAS the Roman economy

>Roman economy was reliant on war
Like US today

i guess that explains it, he really was a madman
i wonder how he convinced half of rome to follow him in the civil war
ah so like me in eu4

Some things never change

If by “reliant” then you mean 2.9% of our economy, then yes

What % of exports?

too many druids

0.006%

What I assume you’re thinking of is the fact we dominate the weapons market. We own 57.9% of the arms market, but it doesn’t account for much of our gdp.

pretty much any country that has a decent military industry is reliant on war and is under the influence of the "military–industrial complex" lobby. modern military technology is so expensive, military industrial oligarchs are extremly rich and the governments need wars to make the industry profitable, also modern armies need professional soldiers, the only way to make a soldier professional is to send him at war so he can gain that precious frontline experience and teach his experience to the recruits when he becomes a NCO. add to that the fact that elections campaigns are EXTREMLY expensive, and you got these military industrials oligarchs who bribe politicians by founding their campaigns

eg in france, serge dassault owner of the dassault industries (engineers of famous mirage and rafale planes) was elected senator, he also buyed "le figaro" one of the most popular french newspaper, since then "le figaro" has always supported France and NATO's wars (what a surprise) he was also big friend of all french presidents (specially a friend of sarkozy, surprise surprise sarkozy was big NATO fanboy and wanted to send french soldiers to iraq), he funded all of their election campaigns

considering that the russian war industry is on steroids since the second chechnya war, it wouldn't be surprising if the same shit happens in your country

Nothing there. They lost money on occupying Britain and a famously senatorial session was held, and they did the math. Theyd make more in import duties than they ever could by taxation and occupation. But they did it anyways.

And by this point, everything that would kill the empire was already in place.

Attached: bi_graphics_usrussiaarmsrace.png (1200x1799, 964K)

Yeah...like I said we dominate the market. Although I was wrong about my previous figure, it’s actually roughly 3.7% of our GDP, which is higher but not much. Also that figure is inaccurate, the most recent figures state we made nearly 200 billion of arms exports, not 29 billion. It’s a big number but our GDP is a lot bigger

> 3.7% of our GDP, which is higher but not much
you don't understand how much it is

Ireland was irrelevant until Romano-Britons enlightened the emerald isle

They went there once, saw there only were angry people and nothing useful and never bothered going back

It’s obvious I was speaking relatively, Pierre. We have the largest economy, no shit 3% of GDP is more than like, half the world. The point is it it doesn’t dominate our economy. Not that it isn’t a lot of money, get it?

you don't speak like a man who knows, you speak like a man who thinks he knows

You keep responding, but you’re saying nothing

I don't know but I want Italy to annex all that land so I can larp as a roman.