Do former axis countries venerate their ww2 veterans like we do here or in the US or are they downplayed?

Do former axis countries venerate their ww2 veterans like we do here or in the US or are they downplayed?

Attached: AE211E5F-9481-46E8-819F-71EBD4442383.jpg (543x565, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6bbODDwvuZE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes, at least they respect memory about them. germans pay for search and building cemeteries for those german soldiers who was unlucky to find death here.

No. Most of them went mad with liberalism and completely rejected all traces of what once made them...them.

We have SS veterans day. We allow it the same as Communist marches and Gay parades - True freedom of speech

Attached: 4188295.jpg (1000x541, 201K)

it's kinda complicated to do so without getting called nazi, at least publicly as an official figure
but I think most people still have great respect for people who fought in WW2

on the other hand though, how many veterans are left even? they'll all be dead very soon

>they'll all be dead very soon
Together with Deutschland

My grandpa is 87 and still kicking it. He used to saw japs coming to his village in trucks and beheads chinks everyday at the school's field.
He felt bad for chinks but now he thinks japanese must repeat the beheadings again because he said "fuck chinese"

Attached: 1567053007755.jpg (961x620, 238K)

my grandpa is that age as well, but he didn't have any active role in the war

my grampa never talked about the war. He only did once he said that americans were ok but bongs were nasty and cruel

Tell your grandpa he was a turncoat
Tell your grandpa he deserves what your country will become

Attached: 810px-1945-04-01GerWW2BattlefrontAtlas.jpg (810x768, 162K)

He could've been a hitlerjugend spamming panzerfaust at some reds.
My grandpa lived through white man's era, japanese, race war , and communist insurgency. It's fun to talk to him

We venerate our war veterans to no end but the fact that we we're allied with axis is usually not mentioned or quickly remarked as a necessary lesser evil.

No, after the war they wanted to change the public opinion of italy and making the country a "victim" of germany rather than allies

>bongs were nasty and cruel
sounds about right

Both sides of my family had people shot to death while in prision after-during the civil war but they were pieces of shit, one of them abandoned his 7 children.

The partisans and military men who refused to join the Social Republic are fairly revered, the others are ignored besides by the people following Mussolini's granddaughter.

He also killed two algerians and dumped them into a well

>killed two algerians
BASED

youtube.com/watch?v=6bbODDwvuZE

Its not the first time i hear this.
In 1982 there was great respect from both sides. Even the veterans from both sides called it as a knightly war as how brit and argentinian war prisoners were treated.
I guess there was a different war propaganda as ww2 was a war of annihilation

Since the 90's the 68ers who got into positions where they could voice their opinions they started to paint the Wehrmacht as war criminals and they kinda succeeded.

There was a Clockwork Orange-style brainwash program on today about how morally righteous and amazing some Spaniards in the imaginary French resistance were. Sadly I couldn't stick around to see how they resisted Hitler's invasion and totally weren't Soviet agents.

Some people like them some dont it mostly comes down to if the part of the country was pro-commie or pro-goverment(ustashe,nazi supporters) my part of the county was under italian occupation so people mostly joined partisans (commies) because they where the only force fighting italians and later germans.

also fuck ante pavelic and fuck tito both are fucking war criminals and killers

There's respect for the alpini

Attached: possamai2.jpg (490x318, 21K)

There was a news article about a nazi collaborator in the 90s.
The newspaper doxxed the old fart, called the police on him and got caught by the police the following week.
An ex-party member, good family man and participant of some messy history about village burning in 1943 with pictures of himself alongside with other ROA members.
He was put on trial and locked up in the police station, where he died from hanging a few days later. Was it suicide or the policemen did their job right, nobody gives a fuck.

everyone loves the alpini

Literally never once heard them mentioned

>he didn't have any active role in the war
Good, better he not tell anyone.

>Do former axis countries venerate their ww2 veterans like we do here
yes, maybe even more than americans
>or are they downplayed?
no

finn and russ wars fucked up our belive who was the bad guy. many fought with the finns against russia. then they joined germany to continue fighting russia. there is a story, it sounds true, about two brothers fighting each other on the east front. one continued his fight against russia from the winter war one joined the nazis before they invaded norway.

my great grandfather fought in the blue division against soviets. he fought in Leningrado apparently. He never wanted to talk about it and was a serious guy overall. When he died my family found he had a lot of german medals, but also soviet medals. i guess he picked them up from dead soviets.

My grandpa had to go through the rail to get over to burma for their railroad. Were there any pow camps in malaysia? Did your gramps or any other family join the japs auxilaries?

Did he fight in the civil war too?

yeah, fashy side

ah yes, my favorite jpop artist

Sadly it's more about the resistance.
Early indoctrination.

lowkey based but that's because I sympathize with CHETNIK GANG

shut up, austria

my grand aunt, last remaining of her age and died years after my grandfather. she only went to school the days in april 1940 but then germans had taken most of it as their head quarters. she stil had to walk pass stacks of frozen dead germans to get to school. i have never feared war like when she described it that way and it was my grandfather who shot the grenades at the germans at the time, being told you might kill family and friends at the same time.

I heard there's a big distinction between the wehrmacht, and the story is that the wehrmacht were "clean" fighters and ss "dirty"

I know my grampa shot a bunch of niggers in Moçambique but he doesn't like to talk about it

Attached: guerra colonial.webm (650x276, 2.89M)

I don't know why, but every time I look at these pictures of WWII soldiers, the only thing I can think of is that their great-grandchildren are either mutts or giant disappointments

Can you tll me more about Portugal's wars in Africa?

we had provinces in Africa
UN didn't want us to have them
US didn't want us to have them
USSR didn't want us to have them
we told everyone to fuck off so America and Russia started giving separatist militias weapons
we killed each other for 13 years until a coup d'etat happened in Portugal and the new leftist government decided to hand over the colonies to the local political extremists starting decades of civil wars in Lusophone Africa

Attached: Love live Ultramar.jpg (800x420, 131K)