I nearly lost a war in europa universalis 4

i nearly lost a war in europa universalis 4

Attached: 1553508434907.png (682x526, 31K)

I don't play paradox games anymore because I don't have the disposable income and pirating each new DLC is a bother

I understand

good luck with your game tho

thank you, i'm really bad

You're not cute

i nearly always lose. I hate it so much.
In my last game I played as Poland and I kept getting BTFOed over and over so I savescummed a lot.
After a while I had Muscovy, Denmark and Ottomans all beaten to a point where they could no longer be a legitimate threat to me.
But then there was an event.... Something about becoming a republic, and I didn't know it would have permanent results so I chose the wrong answer. All my saves were from too far back and it was over.
I rage quit.

In every other game I get BTFOed. No mater how strong I get, I get BTFOed.

Or if I don't get BTFOed I get stalemated.
I let a rival be alive until the end and then I can't beat them anymore.
Or I am trying to form Rome and I need London and York, but I can't beat the British navy...

I hate it so much. I hate being a bad gamer.

i feel you
keep going finnish user

Attached: 75229233dc9b94f050fe3cd223574fdfa8e997f0.jpg (1261x1649, 202K)

Eu4 is easy

CK2 on the other hand is complete bullshit. They have artificial difficulty manifesting through random events (i.e punishing you for being good). Good characters will have their stats weakened with shitty traits because you played the game correctly and bred a genius heir. Don’t even get me started on that new bullshit siege event where you’re forced to kill a percentage of your men or take a massive prestige hit. Shit happens nearly every siege and there’s nothing you can do about it

>tfw formed the Roman Empire with Mantoua

Attached: 1561277963850.png (1205x1233, 540K)

yet you lost at the game

Just savescum, it allows you to do so much fun stuff like fight wars wich you shouldnt declare and check if it actually works out.

If you’re both beginners you should really start as Portugal or maybe the Ottomans. Both are pretty good for learning the game, with Portuguese being good for learning the trade and colonization mechanics, while the Ottofucks are good for learning to manage aggressive expansion, what provinces should be made into states, and core costs.

>tfw conquered whole of Americans and Europe with Spain

Attached: 1458753245180.jpg (397x402, 69K)

Bro, I unironically have 1643 hours in EU4 and I still suck.

Growing up my parents never bought me games and I had a shit computer so I couldn't play games, maybe that's why I'm so shit.
And when I got a decent computer I always played on very easy and ultra cheats. Lol.

I remember back when I was beginning EU4 I would always put very easy, instantly research all tech and get all idea groups, infinite money and infinite manpower. In addition to that I developed my provinces way more than necessary, sometimes up to 1000 total for my capital. It took a long time too.
After I decided to stop cheating so insanely much I still used mods to be able to create super-powerful custom Finland.
Then I started playing Iron Man on normal difficulty but I still made a custom nation Finland even if I didn't play as Finland... so I couldn't get achievements.

I only very recently at maybe 1500 game hours managed to form Rome without cheats, got Mare Nostrum achievement too :). I did it as Aragon, it was a tip I got from someone in /vg/. I first annexed Byzantium which allowed me to quickly ally Poland and Austria and defeat the Ottomans.

In 1643 hours it is still my only real achievement.

In CSGO I am silver 2 despite 431 hours.

EU4 is for soy cunts. Play CK2 like a man.

I'm an expert in Total War games people call me the sandwichneitor.

Attached: 123123123.gif (198x197, 3.74M)

1643 hours in EU4.
I have played as Ottomans a couple times and it is pretty easy but I get bored by 1700.
I haven't played Portugal since it seems boring.

>play venice on hard
>ally france and hungary
>ottomans declare war on me
>both of my allies refuse to join the war
Never hit quit game so hard in my life

Lmao I was very similar when I first got EU4, with the cheating and stuff. I got it all the way back in 2014. I wanted to play as the Aztecs (this was back when Meso America was only made up of three nations) and I wanted to colonize before the Europeans did. Problem was, there was no way I could do at the time before they arrived in the Caribbean so I decided to cheat. This was before the debug cheat was a thing, so in order to colonize each province I had to manually look up the province ID for each and every province in the Caribbean and North America. I have no idea how I found that even remotely fun but it’s a fond memory lol

Recently I played a game as Mughals, I had become big as fuck, I took out mamluks, I was fighting in India , thenf ucking ottomans declares war on me and all of my allies dishonor the call to arms. So I savescum and try again with different allies, doesnt work, they betray me too.

I only have 2000 hours so you’re not that far behind me. Portugal is actually pretty fun now as you get claims all across Africa, India, and Asia. It makes roleplaying as a giant trade empire much more feasible

Yeah it was literally just map painting with no challenge but fun at the time :D

I never got into trade , I don't get it. I just stick one merchant to collect and the rest to transfer trade and I don't bother with anything else like trade companies or light ships

tfw only have xcom 2 because my pc fucked up

Attached: sad pepe.jpg (640x480, 31K)

>eu4
kid game. try liquor factory maker 2. also know as victoria 2

Victoria is shit
t. only played 300 hours but managed to understand how to have a good economy

Oh come on, it's a subtle Lain ASCII art pic, he wasn't even trying to be cute
... *sigh* Thank you for your service

All you gotta know really is always use your merchants to steer trade to your home node. Never use a merchant to collect in your home node as it already collects in your home node automatically

>Victoria is shit
elaborate. the only real problem I can see its that it is badly optimized and runs slow on my laptop that can run skyrim with a hundred mods.

>His computer can't run Victoria 2
yuropoor
In all seriousness, the game is just boring, 6 hours games that usually end in the same powers coming out on top, and besides that you can only play as the 10 or so strongest countries in the game or you won't be able to access the primary portion of the game (influencing other countries as a major power) the Economy system is also fairly autistic and all the of the population always ends up voting almost very game. Once you understand the game, it just gets boring

Also, the game isn't hard, if you put all of your tech in to prestige and put your national focuses on soldiers, you'll win every war and win in the shitty point system the game uses to rank your country it's seriously broken

I disagree. maybe you just need a couple mods to spice things up. I agree that when not a Great Power you miss on stuff, but the point of the game is to go as far as you can. As you point out, the funniest countries to play are secondary powers in europe because of the threat of being near giants, Spain, Ottoman Empire, or a South American nation and rise to GP. the best is Chile because I think it is easier to acess the pacific and do a pacific ocean empire. Personally never played an african nation or an asian nation because I think Europe gets to the action right away. Maybe some released countries could be fun to play

>Never use a merchant to collect in your home node as it already collects in your home node automatically
For real ? I always put him in my home trade node
Thanks for telling me that bro.

I never do the prestige path, but I see what you mean. I get angry at those german stated achieving GP status just for researching the prestige line.

No problem :)

Mods don’t help because they fuck up colonization and are few in number, nothing can save this game. Hurr durr the point of a secondary power is to rise up and become powerful, if you call rising up “Spamming prestige technology” then sure, because you won’t be rising up anything due to the way wars work and the fact you’ll always be sphered by the broken and cancerous sphere system and won’t be allowed to attack your direct neighbors literally destroys the game for the Americas, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe are completely broken because of being this.

>silver 2
How? Are people actually that bad? I thought that rank was delegated to smurfs that are just dicking around in their spawn throwing decoys and smokes

but you call also use being under influence for your advantage. your parent country invests in you, you get a common market and you are protected most of the time. We agreed that the prestige sistem is cancer, there is no reason to bring it back again. Like I said this game is not about becoming the greatest, but being the best you can be with the things you have so yes, maybe the game isn't as great for those zones, but it doesn't have to be. look at eu4. it is a map painting simulator, where you can couquer the world with any fucking country no matter how insignificant. To me that's too boring and easy, vicjy's mechanics are autistic and sometimes anmoying, but I think they are meant to be annoying. You have no idea how many times I've been defeated by the UK and I still feel it is a fun game.
btw
>all the of the population always ends up voting almost very game.
this depends on the values of the population. I can mantain my absolute monarchy as spain every game unless I get extremely unlucky with events. Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium and UK will lean liberal, but the other countries can ceetainly maintain a late game absolute monarchy.

Just casually won a danger zone match in CSGO, waiting for comp matchmaking now.

>but you call also use being under influence for your advantage.
>Being protected by an AI
oh yeah that's fun
>Can't become the greatest country in a game about countries
yikes
>you can couquer the world with any fucking country no matter how insignificant
sounds fun
>To me that's too boring and easy
not to me
>vicjy's mechanics are autistic and sometimes anmoying, but I think they are meant to be annoying.
poor guy
>this depends on the values of the population.
sure, but some countries just fully stray off on a set path from the start of the game

I only recently started playing csgo
Why do so many incels still play AK instead of SG?

i just got fucked really hard
why is their army so big why

>Clearly a war is coming. Let me just save this.

Attached: 1564932576125.jpg (758x644, 64K)

based serbian chad

cringe

>Paradox games? No, thanks, bro. I only play games made for real men.
>*Loads up Civilization 6*

Attached: b31.jpg (680x760, 42K)

>backstabbed Hitler and capitulated Germany as Italy

Attached: chad march on rome.jpg (866x692, 127K)

thank you for your service

>try to beat ottomans as a large Milanese republic
>allied to Austria and Hungary
>both join my war
>they wipe out my allies
>I lose a battle despite having more troops
>money cheat and build a double size army
>still lose

Attached: D51D6000-B5B3-468F-A5CF-4B1610E299B7.gif (600x338, 1.86M)