What happened to America?

>White House officials confirmed that Trump was eager to project optimism that might boost markets, saying his claims of China being "eager for a deal because they are hurting badly" or that any calls had taken place between Beijing and Washington were "something of an exaggeration".

>Meanwhile, Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said it was more likely that China wasn't even looking to negotiate with the United States anymore.

>"It looks like they've just decided to step back, let Trump’s tariffs ruin his own economy, and negotiate with the next administration when people vote Trump out over the losses or when his term runs out. They've already shifted most of their supply chains and are lowering tariffs on every other country except the United States."

Oof.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2019-08-30-06-33-12.png (1202x2025, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.au/amp/s/markets.businessinsider.com/amp/news/next-recession-inverted-yield-curve-could-be-false-signal-now-2019-8-1028488094
google.com.au/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/B88C102C-103D-11E9-8D5F-533B6E1E86EF
tradingeconomics.com/articles/08012019134950.htm
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/USAPEFANA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so he is admitting to manipulating the markets.

Fucking jail that fucking bitch right now.

I don’t think Trump really works, he just shitpost on twitter and watches Fox News.

What are you talking about? China is getting creamed as a result of the tariffs. They’re desperate to negotiate a deal with Trump

>Former Secretary
Yes, trust the people that lost their jobs. Good goy following the DRUMPF BAD narrative from seething media outlets

Attached: 1529892532919.jpg (250x246, 12K)

How do magapedes still defend him

Attached: 1567177347622.png (655x527, 282K)

he's unironically better than the alternatives, who are varying flavours of impotent, imbecilic, and outright deranged

t. not a magapede

How do libtards still attack him when your one great hope of finding “collusion” turned out to be a giant hoax?

>your
So if you don't like Trump you are a libtard?

Attached: 1530998765045.png (1816x2446, 283K)

if china wanted a deal that badly, they would have capitulated now. but they don't because they are okay with the situation now and for the foreseeable future. the inverted yield curve and the fear of a recession has put trump in a very awkward position. if he pushes the war and spooks the market, we're going got accelerate the time table. chances are, trump will sign a trade deal, say it's 'mission accomplished' and hope the recession hits after his reelection bid. of course almost all of the points that navarro wants will largely be ignored.

Aides still in the White House already admitted the calls never took place and China said it doesn't know what Trump was talking about.

That or a bitter Never Trumper “conservative”

I don't support any political candidate or ideology at all

Attached: 1566932361134.png (2144x1388, 215K)

>Hello, Chyna? Let's talk business.

Attached: pozx4qwa0o.jpg (500x333, 17K)

China isn’t capitulating because they don’t want to admit defeat so early. They’ll feel the pain once the tariffs hit after the Christmas period.

Attached: blast from the past.jpg (840x650, 93K)

No you just get all your political news from CNN and MSNBC

It's a bit early in the day to hit the pipe, mate.

He's a moron that deserves everything he gets for hiring nevertrumpers that spent election year openly shitting on him.

>WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THIS NEVERTRUMPER THAT OPENLY STATED I WAS A RUSSIAN PUPPET IN 2015 THAT I HIRED TO BE ASSOCIATE DEPUTY SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE IS LEAKING TO THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA?!?!?

Attached: potato-trump.jpg (839x655, 32K)

TFW when you realize Trump supporters are dumb hinks

Attached: 1567200552251m.jpg (780x1024, 109K)

No I don't think everyone is dumb, or that I somehow above other people because they care about politics. I just have stopped caring over the years because I feel it's pointless

Attached: 1528737625193.jpg (700x400, 32K)

Why are people still surprised that he lies all the time? He's done it from the start, he's well known to be a compulsive liar. His supporters even see it as a personality quirk.

we can only guess why they don't want to give into trumps demands, but the point still stands. they have taken a position of 'wait them out' then to actually give into any demands. suffice to say, with a gdp growth almost 3 time USA's current growth, it's really not a bad position to be in. my opinion is that they don't need a deal as badly as trump is dressing it up to be and that the longer this goes on, the more likely america is going to get popped into a recession sooner and much more severe.

I do not watch/read any news outlet. The only place I see Trump/politics mentioned is here on Jow Forums

Attached: 1478059717868.png (200x163, 11K)

Because Obama and Hillary never lied?

Didn’t they just pay to burn down the amazon for more non American soy?

>surprised
It's more amusing in how he goes about it, to be honest. His social media shitshow is kind of like watching Jerry Springer back in the day.

China’s economic growth has just it its lowest level in 27 years, and a lot of people are saying it’s the lowest in 50 years, and that’s a direct result of the tariffs

Wasn't it slowing even before Trump?

Not really, but it got worse due to Trump’s policies that’s for sure

if you zoomed out, China's GDP growth has been slowing down for the last 10 years. seriously, stop reading trumps tweets without second guessing them and actually being informed.

Is that true? I was under the assumption it's been slowing since at least 2012

Attached: _105062702_chinagdp-nc.png (640x520, 9K)

I’m saying it got worse due to the tariffs

>Not really

confirmed clueless

>and that’s a direct result of the tariffs
It's the direct result of the Chinese central government trying to slow down their economy in a controlled manner, something they've been open about. It also helps to keep things in perspective: even with their attempts to restrict and control growth, in 2018 they still managed to increase GDP by 1.45 trillion USD.

but the trend was already there

but it hasn't. the drop from 2016, 6.8% to now, 6.6% is a drop of 0.2%. source: The World Bank

You are all so ignorant. The United States Tariffs are having a major effect on companies wanting to leave China for non-tariffed countries. Thousands of companies are leaving. This is why China wants to make a deal and wishes it had not broken the original deal in the first place.

The US is receiving Billions of Dollars in Tariffs from China, with possibly much more to come. These Tariffs are paid for by China devaluing & pumping, not by the U.S. taxpayer.

Is hurting China's economy even good for our own?

Attached: russianchicken5.png (276x182, 14K)

It's dialectical stagnant, unironically read Hegel. The man tracked the rise and fall of empires and movements expertly.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x1129, 37K)

you've been reading too much trump tweets and have not done any research on the topic have you?

Attached: fredgraph.png (748x450, 44K)

>It's the direct result of the Chinese central government trying to slow down their economy in a controlled manner, something they've been open about.
So why dont they stop artificially devaluing the currency, raise labor wages, and slow down on mass infrastructure projects they dont need?

Oh right, they havent. So I dont quite buy the whole
>China slow down good, we pran this, dont worry

You’ve been watching too much CNN and have not done any research on the topic have you?

i have that's why my rebuttals have sourced information with cool looking graphs and stuff =) you on the other hand are regurgitating trump tweets without any actual evidence.

You're not providing any evidence to support your claims

Attached: russianchicken4.jpg (860x626, 76K)

>You are all so ignorant
I agree, you are.

Probably not from a business standpoint, given the current mutual trade reliance. If the policies are more than just short term political points, you'd hope to see a very large focus on localising industry and "bringing back the jobs" in the near future. Some sort of plan to realistically punish companies that offshore jobs and outsource costs would be a start. Does the current government have any policy pathway for such a shift in the economy?

Because you people aren’t here to discuss in good faith, you’re just here to bash and slander Trump, I could post well sourced evidence, of which I have loads, but you wouldn’t accept it since you are so brainwashed.

pic related

Attached: fuyao.webm (1140x622, 2.44M)

>So why dont they stop artificially devaluing the currency
What you mean by this claim?
>raise labor wages
They are progressively and have been doing for years.
>and slow down on mass infrastructure projects they dont need?
>they dont need?
You fucking what, mate? A country of 1.4 billion looking to bring hundreds of millions into the middle class needs serious mass infrastructure projects. What the fuck, man?

>Oh right, they havent
You're wrong and ignorant, that's the problem here.

>arguing in good faith is agreeing with my viewpoint without question
Honestly kill yourself you dumb burger cunt.

nah dude, all your sources would consist of tweets. reverse search your last reply to me, it's almost a word for word copy of trump tweets. well, in anycase, i suggest we all get ready for the upcoming recession.

No one here is even really insulting him, stop being a victim

The reason I dislike trump is that he’s even more short sighted than our typical politicians. You know why I’m not surprised that China is actually hurt economically right now? Because trump has tons of experience tanking large entities to get the maximum amount of profit possible. Talk to me when he does something interesting with the environment or space

You mean Trump's chances of re-election will feel the pain one tariffs hit the holidays

It’s the objectively right opinion.

At least Trump’s tweets are grounded in fact, unlike the garbage you’re spewing.

> in anycase, i suggest we all get ready for the upcoming recession

Yep, if you’re Chinese, which I suspect you are

What? Just take a look at this thread or at this board as a whole. It’s Trump-bashing day in day out.

Trump is planning to return to the moon and then go to Mars.

Yeah, for the Chinese

This aussie is just trolling right

Attached: 1566686173256.jpg (396x396, 18K)

>Yeah, for the Chinese
What? Did you even read my comment?

trumps tweets are grounded on his opinion, not facts okay? the inverted yield curve does not lie. america is due for a recession within the next, on average, 22 months. so if they are going down, we're all going down with them.

Jesus

To think that all of this could've been avoided had the dems picked based Bernie

>hurt anyone who supports trump is a troll

This is why liberals like yourself were so shocked when Trump won in 2016. You live in your own bubble and can’t believe there are people who think differently from you.

I’m saying the Chinese will “feel the pain” of the tariffs over the. Holiday period, not Trump or the American people

Yeah, he's been at this act for at least a year or two.

>What you mean by this claim?
Its very common knowledge that the party artificially devaluates the yuan as it is a global export partner, and devaluating gives it a competitive edge in international trade. I'm not OP, but this exact thing alone is why Trump among other US and international leaders have said that trading with China has been 'unfair'. China artificially devaulates its currency and blocks off its domestic market from international firms, meaning no matter what happens, China is making the most cash from international trade that cant compete. This also comes back to the trade war.

>They are progressively and have been doing for years.
Not at the behest of the Chinese government. If the Chinese gov had their way, labor wages would stay low forever, manufacturing represents almost half of the total Chinese workforce, raising wages would mean China would go through what the US and Australia went through, relocation of manufacturing chains to cheaper countries. This isnt how one "slows down their economy in a controlled manner", thats how China suffers for the collapse of an entire industry that represents almost half the total workforce.

>You fucking what, mate? A country of 1.4 billion looking to bring hundreds of millions into the middle class needs serious mass infrastructure projects. What the fuck, man?
What the about trillions of dollars of infrastructure projects taking place in other countries that China debt traps the country into ceding equity back to China and then remains unused. Last I checked, the 1.4 billion han dont need a $300 billion deep water port in Sri lanka that currently has a total tonnage shipped per year of 0.

They didn't press charges on him because he's a sitting president

Except it does lie and it’s been wrong before.

You are just desperate for a recession because you want to see Trump fail. That’s all. Meanwhile in the real world the US economy is probably doing better than it has ever done in history.

How is he going to pay for it? What are we doing on the moon? Hasn’t he already screwed over certain space projects by sending them cheaper materials than they asked for?

Nope Muller was quite clear and said there was no evidence of collusion

the inverted yield curve has correctly predicted every single recession in the last 50 years friend. do you want to test that theory? haha.

>Not really
Dumb cunt.

He will pay for it with government subsidies to private space companies, then take the credit for it

>not Trump or the American people
Yes they will, do you understand how tariffs work? Consumer products will cost more for Christmas, pissing everyone off and making them not want to vote for Trump.

Lol you just attacked me before for posting claims without sources yet here you are. The inverted yield curve has been wrong in recent history.

google.com.au/amp/s/markets.businessinsider.com/amp/news/next-recession-inverted-yield-curve-could-be-false-signal-now-2019-8-1028488094

Though what are we doing on the moon? We finally building a moonbase? Or at least a space station?

Did you even read that article

Consumers will buy American

You can't be serious.

Probably just a manned mision, the moon is not really suitable for a permanent base

Did you? Last time it was wrong was in 1998, 21 years ago. I didn’t realise 21 was ago was not within the “last 50 years” like the other moron claimed

Attached: glass candles.jpg (852x960, 61K)

American what?

>google.com.au/amp/s/markets.businessinsider.com/amp/news/next-recession-inverted-yield-curve-could-be-false-signal-now-2019-8-1028488094

if you look at the graph they provided. of the last 9 recessions, 7 were accurately predicted by the inversion. those that were 'not accurate' had a recession 2-4 years later. of the last 50 years 6 of 7 recessions had a inversion, while the only one that didn't was delayed by 18months. you really ought to read the things you think are supporting your argument.

>Its very common knowledge
It is also very common knowledge that there was a massacre at Tienanmen Square, when in reality there wasn't.
>Not at the behest of the Chinese government. If the Chinese gov had their way, labor wages would stay low forever
Ah yes, it must be the business owners who are raising wages against the will of the government.

>What the about trillions of dollars of infrastructure projects taking place in other countries that China debt traps
There are NO fucking debt traps, you ignorant fucking moron. The countries with loan agreements you are referring to have BETTER deals than with western countries and they are paying them off, meaning it's not a fucking debt trap. Stop vomiting idiotic propaganda.
The new Silk Road project is already improving the lives of millions and all idiots like you can do is vomit biased articles by media pushed by countries trying to discredit China for helping out with infrastructure that those same countries often colonised and treated like shit.
PNG is currently undergoing a massive highway project thanks to the new Silk Road project and you know what our media has commented about it? That's is dirty and attempts at colonisation. This coming from our country that literally fucking colonised the region, stole resources and let people to rot without infrastructure.
It's flat out pro-imperialism backed by a racist and supremacist worldview and I'm fucking sick of it. Fucking neck yourself, cunt.

Why do you think jobs and manufacturing jobs in particular, are flooding back to America? People are resonating with Trump’s “buy American hire American” agenda

>manufacturing jobs in particular, are flooding back to America
???

You claimed it accurately predicted every recession in the past 50 years. It was wrong in 1998.

"Collusion" sure but still doesn't mean he didn't commit crimes.

“If we had confidence that the president did not commit a crime, we would have said so”

Do you have evidence that manufacturing jobs are flooding back to America?

Yeah but you could probably get a good orbital station for space construction

google.com.au/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/B88C102C-103D-11E9-8D5F-533B6E1E86EF

I know all you do is watch CNN so I excuse your ignorance

>>Meanwhile, Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said it was more likely that China wasn't even looking to negotiate with the United States anymore.
>>"It looks like they've just decided to step back, let Trump’s tariffs ruin his own economy, and negotiate with the next administration when people vote Trump out over the losses or when his term runs out. They've already shifted most of their supply chains and are lowering tariffs on every other country except the United States."
I'm not suprised you'd fuck around given that your a sexpat that shills almost 24-7 for china, but generally "meanwhile" doesn't refer to something said 2.5 months ago and is unrelated to say trumps made up phone call.

I wish I loved my country as much as you do

>>tradingeconomics.com/articles/08012019134950.htm

>>US Manufacturing Growth Weakest in Nearly 10 Years

user, stop reading trump tweets without at least googling some of the topics.

Except that’s now how the law works. You can’t prove a negative. That’s just as absurd as me saying that if I had evidence that you weren’t a mass murderer I would have said so

>are flooding back to America?
You mean to southeast Asia? Christ, how stupid do you have to be to think those jobs could come back here. And the factories can't move to SEA in time for the holidays, so consumers will have to pay the marked up price and hate Trump.

Except manufacturing jobs are at their highest level in 69 years see:

oh im sorry here i'll rephrase is, the inverted yield curve has a 86% accuracy rate for predicting recessions in the last 50 years. does that make you feel better and more confident in the market? oh and the last 14% just means you'll hit a recession 12months later. enjoy.

Sorry meant to link to

because population growth user?

>>fred.stlouisfed.org/series/USAPEFANA