Ecosia

Naturefag here, anyone else using this? Opinions about their privacy protections compared to Chrome?

Attached: ecosia.png (1200x800, 107K)

>using any search engine other than google

Attached: kdmr.jpg (280x180, 7K)

I thought so too at the beginning
It's just a Chrome add-on, so it redirects to Ecosia every time you make a search
But Ecosia partnered up with [spoiler] Bing [/spoiler] and thus it displays their search results

>being retarded enough to use google instead of duckduckgo say bye to your data chump

Nah, I use Kvasir.

>Kvasir
Never heard of that one

It's a Norwegian search engine marketed towards Norwegians. It gets the result from Google and has a great privacy policy.
I think they have it in Sweden and Denmark too.

>Ecosia

Attached: 2.png (210x240, 6K)

I see, that's neat

>duckduckgo
They’ve been doing also some shady stuff but are too insignificant to be really exposed for it

What did they do?

hiding websites like the Kiwifarms from their search results, I couldn’t care less about Null and his band of merry autistic retards but I simply dislike when somebody is a hypocrite

Kiwifarms is utter shit.

Ecosia is literally Bing, except that the ad money is used to plant trees. Another thing, using Chrome and wanting privacy is retarded. Google uses Chrome (and the rest of its services) to collect data from you. Avoid it at any cost.

Google is complete shit, not only because it spies on you, but because it gives shit results as well (specially when you search images).

>Ecosia is literally Bing
yeah, and after having used Chrome for so long, it is weird to see Bing results now

I see

It's weird at first, but you get used to it with the time.
One thing I love of Ecosia is that you can change the search region with one click.

Attached: 1565457112079.png (2000x2481, 1.79M)

>you can change the search region with one click.
Yeah, that's pretty neat

I think they also have a Russian version :)

>actually using google

Attached: 124234.png (641x490, 80K)

I mostly use Qwant these days

startpage
ixquick
qwant
even duckduckgo, but the search engine is inferior and always give me shitty results.

anything but google really.