Cashless society

is.fi/taloussanomat/art-2000006221975.html

In Lappeenranta, South East Finland, near the border of Russia, you can't pay with the cash.
Local sale shop accepts credit cards only.

This means Russians cannot come and use cash either.

Olli Kurppa who runs the business says this is good for ecological reasons. No cash - less trouble for nature.

The first cashless Sale store was opened 29. August.

Attached: 2c67b7ca.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.imf.org/2019/02/05/cashing-in-how-to-make-negative-interest-rates-work/
coindesk.com/microscope-real-costs-dollar
euronews.com/2018/05/16/polymer-vs-paper-banknotes-which-one-is-better-for-environment-
youtube.com/watch?v=x3S_6EJCjn0
youtube.com/watch?v=lknW2mzXMMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whole point is to charge negative% on bank accounts and charge you to use their banks. What is perkele? Is it an insult?

This. More ways for corporations to leech off every payment you make.

Perkele is like Satan, but it comes from Pre-Christian era

So yes, a swear word

>. No cash - less trouble for nature.
how? do people throw their cash in the sea and the baby turtles choke on coins?
another proof that the ecology frenzy is just another tool to strip people of their freedom

So like you are the devil?

>giving a small set of international cliques complete control over your money
National currencies are abominable to begin with.

Whats wrong with that?

I don't want there to be any record of my purchases, even if I'm simply buying common food items

>No cash - less trouble for nature
this is kinda based. i wish i lived in that society

>how? do people throw their cash in the sea and the baby turtles choke on coins?
Physical cash is quite expensive to produce. You have to cut down trees, transport them to a factory, turn them into paper, shape and die the paper with special inks, ship the new banknotes around and finally distribute them to all the banks

I wish all the physical monies would be simply turned into gold coins and distributed for people based on how much they now have paper money etc. And then we could stop using paper money finally. Gold coin would easily have a value of bank note worth of 50 monies, a common piece of paper you wave around at weekend shopping for food.

Oh right, but if all monies are physical insted of virtual then the New World Order wont get their share :(

the all digital era isn't pollution free, the growing number of servers is generating a considerable amount of pollution as well
and as far as tree cutting goes, we're gaining trees now

There is a reason why we moved to banknotes instead of gold coins: they're lighter, safer, easier to transport and harder to falsify
Sure, but it is still much less polluting than physical money. Of course nothing is truly 0 impact

>Sure, but it is still much less polluting than physical money
not convinced

>cashless society

Hahahaha
Literally the perfect goy

Behold and read what your good friend the IMF is planning.

blogs.imf.org/2019/02/05/cashing-in-how-to-make-negative-interest-rates-work/

>To illustrate, suppose your bank announced a negative 3 percent interest rate on your bank deposit of 100 dollars today. Suppose also that the central bank announced that cash-dollars would now become a separate currency that would depreciate against e-dollars by 3 percent per year. The conversion rate of cash-dollars into e-dollars would hence change from 1 to 0.97 over the year. After a year, there would be 97 e-dollars left in your bank account. If you instead took out 100 cash-dollars today and kept it safe at home for a year, exchanging it into e-money after that year would also yield 97 e-dollars.

So imagine not only your money being worth less because of inflation every year, imagine the banks LITERALLY TAKING 3% of your money every year because of negative interest rates.

And you have NO CHOICE or freedom in this because you live in a cashless society, you're forced to have a bank account and use their systems.

>turn them into paper
Who says you need to use paper?

I know paper was started to be used to get rid of the coin fakers

But as to pollution towards nature, gold coins would be solution to that thing

Absolute state of Finnish ecoreich

and the rabble will applaud thinking they're saving the environment
can't help but be in awe of the whole thing, it's brilliant

coindesk.com/microscope-real-costs-dollar
There is no way maintaining a few servers is more expensive than mining for materials and transporting them around
Plastic or polymer coins are a bit better but still worse compared cashless
euronews.com/2018/05/16/polymer-vs-paper-banknotes-which-one-is-better-for-environment-

>implying this is a good thing

When your government is a corruption cesspool the last thing you want is to let them control your money.

>still using cash in this, the year almost 2020.

Fucking boomers

>a few servers
talk about an understatement, we're talking a gigantic amount of servers who still require mining materials, assembly and transportation and once completed will require electricity, more often than not coming from polluting sources
a coin or a paper note, once made will last years and generate no pollution of its own during its life

They don't scale equally. A single card can move millions of dollars that would require thousands of banknotes

Just last week I read about a new study in the news that said over 90% of all Germans would not go shop in the supermarket if they weren't allowed to pay cash anymore.

And another thing: Besides from being anonymous, cash has the advantage that you have a feeling of how much you have spent. I remember when a friend of mine got his first card with which he could pay in shops, he used to be at minus 2000 Euros at the end of the month. Each month, ever since he's had that card. He spends more than he has because spening with a card doesn't feel like spending.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-09-19h07m43s154.png (624x480, 208K)

Here's another thing. It's the a colleague's birthday. Quick, everybody put a tenner in the envelope so that the secretary can go buy a present.

Happens a dozen times every year, and without cash money, it wouldn't.

>and without cash money, it wouldn't.
yes it would
Quick, everybody put your hand on this device so your implanted monetary chip can transfer ten earth credits so i can order a present online and have it droned in under an hour

TRUST THE CARDS. BEEP! GET AN IMPLANT BEEP!

youtube.com/watch?v=x3S_6EJCjn0

This, nature is gonna be fucked more by the terrible economic choices people make in the absence of the psychological restraint of cash money cash money

Sounds like a dystopian nightmare.

youtube.com/watch?v=lknW2mzXMMY

CATHY DON'T GO TO THE SUPERMARKET TODAY!
DON'T GO, CATHY DON'T GO!

Attached: 1550990143077.png (1054x526, 84K)

It is. Welcome to Finland.

Is still like the option to pay with a card and/or,I find it quite annoying when I’m
out with friends and I have to search for an atm across the city to pick up money

>When we give up cash we can eliminate carbon emissions resulting from movement of cash
??????? the fuck are these people smoking

There are ATMs everywhere. Only when you have an account at a totally cheap bank do you have to go look for them.
And anyway: Who doesn't have at least 40 or 50 Euros in his wallet at all times?