en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walmart_greeter

Do Americans really?

How common is this in different stores?

What if you just want left alone?

Attached: file.png (604x327, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qPMOYLA0KTo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here most supermarkets have automated cashier now. I can do my groceries without talking to anyone and it's awesome.

>What if you just want left alone?

You don't shop at Wal-Marts like a low-class subhuman.

They don't greet people here, just check the receipts which they do like once in a hundred people

retarded job for ex-retirees who got bored with retirement

my local Walmarts don't have any
that or my autism is so potent I've literally started erasing frieny strangers from my perception

>most supermarkets have automated cashier
same here
I think it's limited to walmart although most of my shopping is done online and farmer markets are a lot better for produce than most grocery stores

Hope Depots have them.

Here's what Europeans don't understand about greeters: shoplifting is very common in America, so every employee at a retail store is always spying on you. The greeters are the first and last lines of defense, and if they see someone suspicious they'll notify plainclothes asset protection thugs to put you in a headlock until the police arrive to arrest you.

Attached: 445.jpg (960x960, 70K)

>They don't greet people here
Depends on the place, apparently.

I go to a smaller supermarket which only has one entry/exit door, the cashier lady greets everyone coming in.

Now you're shitting us, why would anyone risk their life for minimum wage?

You're from west of Québec aren't you?
I have never seen a Walmart receipt checking person in Québec, Newfoundland, or the Maritimes. It's a purely American thing caused by their American paranoia and disgusting society.
And American retirees don't do it out of boredom, they do it for the healthcare benefits they desperately need.

Most shoplifters aren't particularly dangerous. Lone kids, bratty teenage girls, wimps trying to impress mean kids.

Most kleptomaniacs are actually bored people and OCD sufferers not poor people.

You're life isn't really under great risk by greeting shoplifters and again, it's not about the pay, it's about the healthcare insurance.

US citizens over 65 have medicare+medicaid.

Fair enough, I just imagine that everyone in America has a gun which makes it riskier to confront anyone about anything. This is a tad silly now that I think about it

The greeters don't tackle people, gigachad mercenaries do. The greeters have a phone that they use to alert the gigachads when they see someone suspicious.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qPMOYLA0KTo

no it's a thing here

Is it wise to start making bam noises in a walmart?

When Bunnings owned Homebase briefly they had someone standing there saying 'hello' and 'thanks' as you left, fucking stupid complete waste of money hiring that person to do that.

They're not even greeters, they're really there for when the door beeps and they check to see if you're not stealing anything.