Is the Russian language really this contrived?

Is the Russian language really this contrived?

Attached: russian words.png (502x423, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

charlierussellbears.com/LinguisticArchaeology.html
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Slavic/medvědь
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought it meant "one who eats honey"

Like English doesn't do that all the time.

medved means honey-knower in Slovenian too and it is also the Slovenian word for bear

not all Slavic languages have retained the verb vedeti, so many Slavic speakers don't know the meaning of the Word medved even tho they use it

I have never understood the "bears eat honey" thing

why are non latin languages such barbaric childlike constructs?

They shove their face into beehives. A little honey is worth many stings to a bear

I never understood why "standing under" denotes comprehension.

Germanics and Slavs are retards at language. No wonder anglos needed latin and greek so much.

tell me this isn't based... you can't

Latin languages are boring and effeminate, Portugese is probably the worst of them all too. This is laughable cope.

slavic tribes stopped using the original word for bear because they thought that using it would summon it, so they used indirect ways to talk about them
germanic tribes made the PIE derived word taboo as well, which is why they use bear (the brown one)
in the italian peninsula, bears weren't as much of a problem as in the north, so the ancient people never made the PIE derived word taboo (ursus in latin, orso in italian)

>Germanics and Slavs are retards at language.
Hm lets look at portuguese literature haritage.

Oh I'm sorry. Maybe one day in the far future culture also arives at your place.

xD

Attached: 82ABD268-93F7-471E-AA06-0BF32713D537.jpg (640x480, 47K)

kek, you can't even write a sentence without at least 50% greek/latin words and you think you can throw?

Without latin or greek words, all english is just the european equivalent to ooga booga: short bisyllabic baby sounds without the proper words for higher concepts.

Why is intra-sentence tense shifting considered grammatically correct in Russian?

as if German literary apex isn't a the diary of a teenage Jewish girl.

charlierussellbears.com/LinguisticArchaeology.html

savage

interesting

it's a myth, vulgar ethimology.
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Slavic/medvědь

oldfag itt

Kek

It's common for Slavic languages, because bear was sacred animal and it was dangerous to pronounce bear's real name, so they used euphemism. And they did it so often, that now real name is unknown.
Also peasants before revolution tried to avoid word "medved" too and use another euphemism "kosolapiy" (clumsy/bow-legged)

Bears stick into their heads into beehives to eat, however they don't really care about honey, they mostly are there just to eat the bee larvae
However since the only thing humans consume that's from a beehive is honey (and not bee larvae), we just assume the bears are there to eat the honey as well

That was written in Dutch m8

>the chad mechka
>the beta medved

You dum dums just summoned Medved. Good job!

Attached: 6c3849ce675d489dd67c30e0e02f51d8.jpg (272x500, 20K)

Bär or Bear has the same function.
It originally means brown. The real word for bear is lost since people didn't dare to say it.
Bersercs are actually mean dressed as bears so you can see that already since a very long time the real work for bear is lost.

fugg

the one who gets shot
the one who knows leaves
the one who becomes vice president
>portugal
the one who is arrogant
the one who makes pasta
the one who makes unfunny jokes
the one who gets radiation
the one who makes watches
the one who is hungry
the one who knows vampires