Please don’t release this movie, France will be the laughing stock of the world again

Please don’t release this movie, France will be the laughing stock of the world again

Attached: CCEAD4DB-2C1A-4902-A567-795189EBDA35.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Clown_Cried
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No worries, America will be there to reclaim that title
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Clown_Cried

but france won the war, why would they be the laughing stock of the world?

Because Anglos will show the English victory

cuz anglo won the culture war at the end so the truth of history is what ever their media says

Why don't you guys respond by making a nice telekino about a qt Joan?

Attached: joan of arc qt.jpg (672x1000, 118K)

He looks cute with that haircut

She should be played by a black girl.

Don't even joke about this please, she needs to be a young, pure white beauty

Attached: joan of arc.jpg (770x1062, 1.07M)

Why? What happens in the movie?

Believe it or not, Joan of Arc has become something of a far-right symbol in contemporary France. Of course, this association is utterly ludicrous, but its existence is nonetheless enough of a reason that such a film would only be allowed if it portrayed her, her cause or her peers as being bad, lest some hook-nosed gentleman complain about there being anudda shower.

Wow very original and witty

This makes me horribly sad for some reason

Attached: french feel.jpg (920x654, 98K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt

Blacked!
Stay mad, Pinko!

Hmm, I didn't notice a ton of longbows in the trailer

It’s about the king who did this

Archers ftw!

English longbowmen are REALLY overrated

Henry V had a sick haircut

Reminds me of Moe from the Three Stooges

Post your address so I can come over and Moe-slap you.

3242 N. California Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618

Attached: youlooktired.jpg (284x177, 6K)

Okay, Sven.
Yeah, those expensive French knights sure conquered the world!

He looks handsome. But also like a closeted guy trying to hold a "macho" face...

I'm literally in River North, coming to you now. You're dead kiddo.

I thought it was just a friendly slap before watching some old timey comedy kino. If I knew the intention was murder I never would have told you.

Attached: three-stooges-doorway.jpg (1209x755, 106K)

>France will be the laughing stock of the world again
Wait when exactly did it stop being?

Why do they always make dozens of films about
the samke topic? Not going to watch it.

who cares, englel was kicked back to its foggy island

No we got calais

>Joan of Arc has become something of a far-right symbol in contemporary France
That is because she answered the call of God to expell the English from French lands. Piety + the radical belief that France belongs to the French = far right in CURRENT YEAR.

This is why in any modern French adaptation, Jeanne must be wrong. The easiest solution is to just depict her as an insane schizoprenic who was just really ill, even though the English tried to delegitimize her by claiming exactly this during her crime and even though none of the many, many records we have of her depict her as even remotely mentally ill (and in fact quite bright, such as noticing that her interrogator tried to ask her the same question multiple times to trick her into contradicting herself).

Jeanne is one of the few figures whose fictional interpretations (even the anime ones that engage in Grail Wars against fucking wizards) are far less interesting than the real deal.

>Jeanne is one of the few figures whose fictional interpretations (even the anime ones that engage in Grail Wars against fucking wizards) are far less interesting than the real deal.
It's a sad state of affairs.

>The easiest solution is to just depict her as an insane schizoprenic who was just really ill, even though the English tried to delegitimize her by claiming exactly this during her crime and even though none of the many, many records we have of her depict her as even remotely mentally ill (and in fact quite bright, such as noticing that her interrogator tried to ask her the same question multiple times to trick her into contradicting herself).
Imo this is what makes her particularly interesting. I can definitely see why her story would inspire such faith among so many, to such an extent that she ended up being canonized (even if it was many centuries later). She always stirs up a certain feeling of admiration in me, and causes me to reflect on my faith (or lack thereof).

A movie that would properly do justice to Jeanne would dedicate half of it to her trial. The bants she dropped were so fucking savage that the English had to make it from a public trial into a private trial, because the one they had intended to humiliate ended up humiliating them instead. And in the end the only thing they actually got her for was fucking crossdressing. Not heresy, not insanity, not witchcraft, not being a whore, not fraud... crossdressing.