/lang/ - Language Learning General

>What language(s) are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Ask questions about your target language!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Participate in translation challenges or make your own!
>Make frens!
>Don't forget to learn dutch!

Read this shit some damn time:
4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/The_Official_Jow Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Totally not a virus, but rather, lots of free books on languages!:
mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A

Check this pastebin for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides:
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
FAQ U:
>How do I learn a language? What is the best way to learn one? How should I improve on certain aspects?
Read the damn wiki
>Should I learn lang Y so I can learn lang X?
No
>What is the most useful language?
dutch
>What language should I learn?
dutch

Old thread Challenge by no one replied to :(
On a cold winter morning
In the time before the light
In flames of Death's eternal reign
We ride towards the fight
When the darkness has fallen down
And the times are tough, alright
The sound of evil laughter falls
Around the world tonight

Fighting hard, fighting on for the steel
Through the wastelands evermore
The scattered souls will feel the hell
Bodies wasted on the shores
On the blackest plains in hell's domain
We watch them as we go
In fire and pain, and once again
We know

So now we fly ever free
We're free before the thunderstorm
On towards the wilderness our quest carries on
Far beyond the sundown
Far beyond the moonlight
Deep inside our hearts and all our souls

So far away we wait for the day
For the lives all so wasted and gone
We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days
Through the fire and the flames we carry on

Attached: Languages_Benelux.png (699x2737, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2010/may/09/belgium-flanders-wallonia-french-dutch
youtube.com/watch?v=OvgT_-pgvhA
youtube.com/watch?v=pGmj96sT75I
youtube.com/watch?v=UOCkh6aGKAw
youtube.com/watch?v=IuKqRjKqVHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R0CyzE7HqYQ
vlaamsetaal.be/vlaams
youtube.com/watch?v=15JCb6P60Vw
b-ok.cc/book/2884212/6d9440
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anons needing corrections:
(Scots)
(Spanish)
(Spanish) (baby-sized)
(Japanese)
(Latin)
(Polish)
(Polish)
(Greek)

Previous post if you’re thirsty for more dumb mistakes to greentext:

Attached: 5A6DA253-B10A-46EE-B342-557972615FCF.gif (498x345, 250K)

second for dutch people sound retarded
someone please make a better challenge, this one is really kind of gay and doesn't have tiers, sorry for that

>suggereren da' Vlamingen überhaupt Hollands klappen

Based and, dare I say, redpilled

dutch piepel =/= alle nederlandstaligen
hollanders klinken zoals ze eruit zien

Attached: 1544351222344.jpg (595x395, 72K)

>someone please make a better challenge, this one is really kind of gay and doesn't have tiers, sorry for that
Niech ktoś wymyśli lepsze wyzwanie, bo tamto jest trochę gejoskie i nie ma poziomów, przepraszam

Attached: 307.jpg (680x591, 34K)

I agree that it was a kind of harsh reaction to the issue, but try looking at the issue from a flemish perspective for once pierre. "losing" another city to the francophones was a genuine fear at the time. As another user pointed out, the whole affair was also started by "provocations", which aren't mentioned in the english and french wikipedia articles. The flemish see it as a victory in a battle that we are steadily losing, because brussels keeps growing and as a consequence the surrounding area is being frenchified. It is funny to me how you completely ignore my other points, but in general there is an endless cycle between the flemish en the walloons where something happens and we both just keep doubling down. The current federal government formation might become very, very interesting.

I just wish we could be more like switzerland

some further reading if you'd like
theguardian.com/world/2010/may/09/belgium-flanders-wallonia-french-dutch
a very interesting article that is still relevant today despite being almost 10 years old, it really shows how kafkaesque the situation has become in certain places due to the language issue.

>hollanders klinken zoals ze eruit zien
Hahaha, prachtig, ik kost et ni beter beschrijven.

I'll attempt the challenge:

Un matin froid hivernal
À la fois avant la lumière
Dans les flammes du règne éternel de la Mort
Nous chevauchons vers la lutte
Quand la noirceur est tombée
Es le temps est dur, ben
Le son du rire mal tombe
Sur le monde entier cette nuit

En combattant durement, combattant pour l'acier
Vers le désert pour toujours
Les âmes disséminées sentiront l'enfer
Des corps gaspillés sur les bords
Sur les plaines les plus noirs du domaine de l'enfer
Nous les regardons lorsqu'ils vont
En feu et en douleur, et une fois plus
Nous savons

Alors nous volons libres pour toujours
Nous sommes libres devant l'orage
En avant vers le désert notre quête continue
Loin du coucher du soleil
Loin du clair de la lune
Fond dans nos coeurs et tous nos âmes

Alors lointain nous attends le jour
Pour les vies toutes gaspillés et disparues
Nous sentons la douleur d'une vie perdue dans un milier de jours
Vers le feu et vers les flammes nous continuons

what corrections does scots need?

kzennekik dervan overtuigd dak ollanders van vlamingen kan onderschijden, puur op un stoemme koppen
youtube.com/watch?v=OvgT_-pgvhA

Attached: 1546558698416.png (864x429, 76K)

Is Wallon a dead language?

>de belgische brutaliteit in deze draad
Waarom?

I sure hope so :^)

>k zijn ekik dervan overtuigd
Tiens, in diene context zou 'kik geen subjectsverdrievoudiging gebruikt hemmen.

Attached: Hollander abomination.gif (245x286, 1.09M)

Why is that? I've heard that speakers of French say it sounds ugly.

What are those words that have loads of meaning called? I mean a word like (in Scots) "pyle", it can mean lead shot, leaf, blade of grass, grain of corn, husk or snowflake. words like that.

>What are those words that have loads of meaning called?
"words"

Attached: coffee.gif (112x112, 148K)

homophones or homonyms? I'm not totally sure.

Ambigious

Attached: basedimage.png (776x110, 136K)

Probably not.
I really want to know since most Scots words have at least 3 meanings, some up to 10. So it is an important part of the language.

't Is maar voor te lachen ze, 'k hem ekik in se niks tegen ulder.

But perhaps this is all going a bit far offtopic.

Apparently it's still spoken in private (presumably by older people who learned it as their mother tongue), and lots of names for locations in nature in Wallonia do still carry a Walloon name, but it has no official status and only extremely minor recognition by Wallonia's government, so I fear it doesn't have a long future ahead of it.

You can google this stuff yourself you know:
>Homonyms
"Homonyms are two words that are spelled the same and sound the same but have different meanings."
>Homophones
"Homophones are words that sound the same, but have distinctly different meanings"

Attached: 1562055324583.png (741x532, 492K)

πολυσήμαντες in non-barbaric

Polysemy

μαύροι σεξ ελληνιkές γυναίkες
thank you.

"kzennekik" is iet typisch antwerps en mechels peis ik

je moet toegeven dat mijn argumentatie sterk is

In order to save a language from extinction, those people who speak it should start making hentai contents to attract people to learn it
I mean look at how many people are learning japanese right now

And you.

What?

I doubt anyone would be interested in Scots doujinshis,

STFU, you Muslim cock eating faggot!

Shut up dumb leaf

Attached: 2cffe04bbcd46b320df3510035195412.jpg (236x331, 17K)

אני ראיתי ציפור
:3

Based schizo poster

Thank you as well.

>Muslim cock eating faggot
Is this a faggot who eats muslim cock or a faggot who is also a muslim?

It's called "language learning general". The idea is that you learn

ο Αλεξάντερ ήταν μαύρος.
virgin freak.

That is what I am asking. What do I need to learn?

If you don't think you have anything to learn then why are you responding to a translation "challenge"
russia user is trying to be helpful

I want to know what I need to learn.

>what corrections does scots need?

Attached: scots terachad.png (476x476, 157K)

>Pies jest czerwony.
When talking about red hair or fur, you should use "rudy" instead of "czerwony".
>Mam dwie książki.
>Lubię biegać.
Yes and yes.

>Biegnę każdego poranka.
"Biegam" would be better.
>W pokoju jest wiele obrazów.
>Lubisz sztukę współczesną?
Yes and yes.

>Niektórzy nie lubią muzyka Bacha, ale ja osobiście to uwielbiam.
"muzyki", also "ją" instead of "to".
>Moi rodzice przynieśli pyszny rum z ich podróży na Kubę.
"Brought back" would be "przywieźli" instead of "przynieśli" in this context. "Przynieśli" would mean that they specifically brought it somewhere AFTER their return.
>Mój brat często pije alkohol, ale ja piję tylko kieliszek wina z kolacją raz w tygodniu.
Yes.

>Moja matka chce, żebym dzisiaj podlewam rośliny na zewnątrz. Ponieważ jest tak gorąco, gleba szybko wysycha.
"żebym (...) podlewam" is redundant. Preferably "podlał", "podlewał" if you're supposed to do it multiple times.
>Dlaczego ostatniej nocy zostawiłeś otwarte okna? Teraz w domu jest latające owady!
"są latające owady", plural. But "Teraz po domu latają owady!" would be even better.
>Mam nadzieję, że wiatr nie jest silny dzisiaj, w przeciwnym razie mogyłbym nie być w stanie pływać łódką.
Dropped "too", "zbyt/za silny".

Everyone would easily understand you, good job.

Den eerste persoon enkelvoud van eenlettergrepige (en daarvan afgeleide) werkwoorden is in vrijwel gans Vlaanderen, op een deel van Oost-en West-Vlaanderen na, gelijk aan den infininitief (ik gaan, verstaan, doen, enz.), en subjectsver(drie)dubbeling is volledig algemeen. Alleen zou 'k(ik) da zelf, peis 'k, nooit ni gebruiken als er genen enkele nadruk op 't onderwerp ligd.

>peis ik
'k Zou zeggen: peis 'k (of ek)

Thanks. Some of this I already know but just slipped up on.

>Eormenceadda? Ne cann ic hine.

Attached: 1542899105157.png (1118x1018, 95K)

>Why do I need a standardised spelling system? Spell the word how you want.

Attached: 1567020969188.jpg (1068x601, 117K)

I'm the only one that speaks Scots on this website anyway. So no one can criticize what I do.

Ik spak Ald Anglisc?

How come Switzerland and Canada can manage language divides but Belgium can't? Are you guys retards?

A good example is zug in German

>Are you guys retards?
I think you already know the answer to that question.

Is that Scots?

A good example is bull in Canadian. It can mean black man or an ox.

Bull means lesbian.

Attached: face.jpg (208x249, 6K)

Train? What are it's other meanings?

mijn kennis van geschreven dialect is zo goed als onbestaande vrees ik, ik spreek in het dagelijks leven dan ook afschuwelijke mutt tussentaal en heb nooit een echt dialect aangeleerd gekregen. ik weet dus eigenlijk niet echt waar ik mee bezig ben.

Switzerland has a national identity based around small groups overcoming their differences and banding together to resist their powerful neighbours (most notably the habsburg monarchy). They are a country with a very real national identity that is much much older than belgium, which didn't exist until 1830. I don't really know anything about canada's language divides though, but my guess is that the francophones are a relatively small group? Doens't Quebec wish to be independent too?

>Are you guys retards?
yes, in case that wasn't clear yet. We are the favourite subject of both french and dutch jokes

maybe... (I meant " Ik besprece Ald Anglisc.)

>Switzerland has a national identity based around small groups overcoming their differences and banding together to jew the rest of europe
fixed that for you

Facilega
La hundo estas ruĝa.
Mi havas du librojn.
Mi ŝatas kuri.

Facila
Mi kuras ĉiun matenon.
Estas multaj pentraĵoj en la ĉambro.
Ĉu plaĉas vin arto moderna?

Mezmalfacila
Iom homoj ne ŝatas la muziko de Bach, sed mi amas ĝin.
Miaj gepatroj alportis bongustan rumon el ilia veturo al Kubo.
Mia frato drinkas ofte alkolaĵojn sed mi drinkas sole unu glaso da vino kun vespermanĝo unufoje semajne.

Malfacila
Mia patrino volas ke mi akvumu la plantojn. Ĉar estas tia varmega, la tero sekiĝi tre rapide.
Kial vi lasis malfermajn la fenestrojn la noktan pasintan? Nun flugas insektoj en la domo!
Mi esperas ke la vento ne estu tre forta, alie ne eblus ke mi velu

Every time a Spanish speaker gets to correct my challenge I feel like he tosses cum into my face.

Attached: 79A6FA8E-27C3-4757-9B04-5484729002E8.jpg (407x600, 46K)

But thank you anyway. I’ll try to read more.

>On a cold winter morning
yтpoм в хoлoднoм зимнoй днeй
>In the time before the light
вo вpeмя дo cвeтa
>In flames of Death's eternal reign
в (...) нeкoнчaмoгo княжecтвa Cмepтa
>We ride towards the fight
мы eдeм к бoю
>When the darkness has fallen down
кoгдa yпaлa тeмнoтa
>And the times are tough, alright
дa и вpeмeнa тяжeлыe
>The sound of evil laughter falls
шyм (...)
>Around the world tonight
этoт вeчep пo вceмy миpy
>Fighting hard, fighting on for the steel
вoeвaть (...)
>Through the wastelands evermore
>The scattered souls will feel the hell
(...) дyши yпaдeт в aдy
>Bodies wasted on the shores
тeлa (...)
>On the blackest plains in hell's domain
(...)
>We watch them as we go
мы cмopтим нa них
>In fire and pain, and once again
(...) и eщe paз
>We know
мы знaeм
>So now we fly ever free
тoгдa ceйчac вceгдa cвoбoднo лeтим
>We're free before the thunderstorm
мы cвoбoдныe дo (...)

This is hard for me mind but a nice challenge

Why are Belgian Bros so self deprecating? I I don't think you're retards

There are some exceedingly useful words in this language. Schlag, for example; and Zug. There are three-quarters of a column of Schlags in the dictionary, and a column and a half of Zugs. The word Schlag means Blow, Stroke, Dash, Hit, Shock, Clap, Slap, Time, Bar, Coin, Stamp, Kind, Sort, Manner, Way, Apoplexy, Wood-cutting, Enclosure, Field, Forest-clearing. This is its simple and exact meaning -- that is to say, its restricted, its fettered meaning; but there are ways by which you can set it free, so that it can soar away, as on the wings of the morning, and never be at rest. You can hang any word you please to its tail, and make it mean anything you want to. You can begin with Schlag-ader, which means artery, and you can hang on the whole dictionary, word by word, clear through the alphabet to Schlag-wasser, which means bilge-water -- and including Schlag-mutter, which means mother-in-law.

Just the same with Zug. Strictly speaking, Zug means Pull, Tug, Draught, Procession, March, Progress, Flight, Direction, Expedition, Train, Caravan, Passage, Stroke, Touch, Line, Flourish, Trait of Character, Feature, Lineament, Chess-move, Organ-stop, Team, Whiff, Bias, Drawer, Propensity, Inhalation, Disposition: but that thing which it does not mean -- when all its legitimate pennants have been hung on, has not been discovered yet.

One cannot overestimate the usefulness of Schlag and Zug. Armed just with these two, and the word also, what cannot the foreigner on German soil accomplish? The German word also is the equivalent of the English phrase "You know," and does not mean anything at all -- in talk, though it sometimes does in print. Every time a German opens his mouth an also falls out; and every time he shuts it he bites one in two that was trying to get out.

The one dutch is not the other.

youtube.com/watch?v=pGmj96sT75I

youtube.com/watch?v=UOCkh6aGKAw

youtube.com/watch?v=IuKqRjKqVHQ

youtube.com/watch?v=R0CyzE7HqYQ

I don’t know the song but the lyrics rhythm just like Hotel California.

Attached: IMG_0619.jpg (641x530, 25K)

'k Spreek 'kik evenmin enig dialect (allez toch ni as moedertaal), 'tussentaal' is gewoon nen door ne letterlijke Vlaamsen orangist uitgevonden denigrerenden term voor 'Vlaams', of anders gezeid d'algemene interprovinciale omgangstaal da al lang voorda 't Hollands wierd geïmporteerd bestond. Op de site hieronder is 't er een deeltje van die algemene omgangstaal in grammatica gegoten, hoewel da 'k van e paar dinges vind da' z'e klein beetje te weinig buiten Brabant (Antw en Vl-Br) gekeken gehad hemmen:
vlaamsetaal.be/vlaams
't Is in alle geval geen slecht begin as ge Vlaams(er) wilt leren schrijven. Persoonlijk vind 'k et echt serieus moeilijk voor van die aangeleerde automatische omschakeling van Vlaamse spreektaal naar Hollandse schrijftaal af te stappen, maar oefening baart kunst.

Enjoy. youtube.com/watch?v=15JCb6P60Vw

thanks lad, i'll be screenshotting this one

Attached: positive reaction.jpg (960x768, 66K)

>Why are Belgian Bros so self deprecating?
Iris Murdoch phrased the general idea behind it well:
>The humble man, because he sees himself as nothing, can see other things as they are.

Of course, by applying that statement to myself, I'm undoing it.

It sounds like sabaton anime opening

Any other Memesperanto learners?

Bro...

>started learning spanish exactly one year ago
>listening skills still non-existent

if this is the easiest language for english speakers i'm never gonna make it lads

Attached: nvopZWN.png (650x650, 400K)

Het interesseert me niet zo om echt vlaams te leren schrijven, dan vind ik verengelsing een veel erger probleem. Ik probeer zelf altijd zo correct mogelijk algemeen nederlands te schrijven, omdat mensen die dat niet doen echt achterlijk overkomen. Dat zijn ze natuurlijk ook, het is niet alsof ze "da" en "ni" schrijven omdat ze zich willen distantiëren van de artificiële spellingsregels, opgelegd door de nederlanders. "mijn" vlaamse identiteit vind ik sowieso iets heel moeilijks, zeker omdat vlaams nationalisme zelf zo artificieel is. Vlaanderen zoals het nu is is eigenlijk ook verassend divers, limburgers en oost-vlaming zijn in mijn ogen toch echt wel een raar soort mensen.

>easiest
you have fall for I'll puck the easiest language to learn also just listen more with subtitles

>easiest language for english speakers
it's not even the same linguistic family, where the fuck did you get that idea

i'm trying to learn italian, what are good places to start?

Attached: languages-map.jpg (1377x758, 233K)

How TF do I learn Grammar!?!?!

grammar book

remember vocabulary, read about grammar that's all

niggas be learning romanian

Attached: 1831592.jpg (1200x1800, 266K)

Just how it works? You basically change the endings of some words to specify their purpose in a sentence. That's it.

well the only close ones are scots (dead language and debatable as to whether it's a dialect) and dutch which i guess could be correct. with the nordic languages i've always thought they were closer to german which is considered hard but maybe i'm wrong. but i've often heard that spanish is easiest based on the sheer amount of common vocabulary and a little bit a prior exposure (although the latter might be with americans in mind, no this isn't a mutt joke).

VERY solid OP

Keep practicing for a month or two and whatever you were struggling with will sound as if people are talking in slow motion

looks like cancer

>with the nordic languages i've always thought they were closer to german which is considered hard but maybe i'm wrong.
What makes German hard to people is the grammar - something not shared with all Nordic Germanic langs, in this case the mainland ones.

>verengelsing
Tijdelijk 'probleem'. Alle op een bepaald moment dominante talen oefenen enkel en alleen door hun bestaan talige druk uit op kleinere talen, maar vanaf da' ze ni' dominant nimeer zijn vervliedt dien druk weer en gaat 't meeste van die uitheemse woordenschat/grammatica terug weg. Nederlands en Vlaams zitten stampvol Franse, Latijnse, Duitse, Spaanse enz. woorden, uitdrukkingen en zelfs grammatica, maar geen kat trekt haar daar nog iet van aan, want die zijn zodanig sterk ingeburgerd dade meestal ni eens nimeer kunt zien da' z'ooit aan een andere taal ontleend zijn geweest. Nu al is pakweg den helft van bijvoorbeeld de Engelstalige computerwoordenschat vervangen geworden door e Nederlands woord, en in 't Vlaams wordt bovendien d'uitspraak praktisch volledig vervlaamst. Mensen da samenstellingen schrijven gelijk in 't Engels (spaties à volonté) mogen van mij wel naar een onbewoond eiland gestuurd worden.
>opgelegd door de nederlanders
'De Nederlanders' leggen ons helemaal niks op (met een aantal uitzonderingen, natuurlijk), 't zijn Vlamingen da' da' doen, meestal van dezelfste families als de die die da nog ni' zo lank geleden iedereen verplichtten van Frans te spreken. Tja.
Verder geef 'k u zeker gelijk.

'k Zou 'kik ook ABN kunnen schrijven, maar als gelijk welke Nederlander onmiddellijk kan herkennen da nen tekst, hoe hyper-ABN dan ook, door ne Vlaming geschreven is (omgekeerd trouwens ook), schrijf 'k liever van den eerste keer mijn echte taal. Hopelijk gaat 't ook ooit mogen in officiële(re) communicatie.

b-ok.cc/book/2884212/6d9440

Molto facile
>Il cane è rosso
>Ho due libri
>Mi piace correre

Facile
>Corro ogni mattina
>C'è tanti quadri nella stanza
>Ti piace arte moderna?

Medio
>Alcuni persone non a loro piace la musica di Bach ma personalmente lo adoro
>I miei genitori hanno riportato un po' del rum delizioso dal loro viaggio a Cuba
>Il mio fratello beve alcool spesso ma solo bevo un bicchiere di vino con la cena una volta a settimana

Dificile
>La mia madre mi vuole innaffiare le piante all'esterno oggi. Perché fa tanto caldo, il suolo si seccherà velocemente
>Perché hai tenuto le finestre aprire la notte scorsa? Adesso c'è insetti volando ovunque nella casa
>Spero che il vento non sia troppo forte oggi - altrimenti non potrei essere in grado a andare in barca

Is it monolingual? How do you learn from that?

That's what makes it good, just try reading it

zo had 'k verengelsing nog nie bekeke ma das natuurlijk ook gewoon iets waar 'k me persoonlijk aan stoor, uiteindelek is da allemaal in hoeverre ge der aan gewoon zijt. 't idee da woorden as "skippen" ooit gemeengoed gaan zijn is afschuwelijk, 'k vermoed da elke generatie da wel voorheeft, mijn grootmoeder heeft me eens proberen uitleggen da "leuk een woord voor hollanders is". 'k betwijfel wel of vlaams schrift ooit nog iets ga worde, das echt nie gemakkelijk eigenlijk, zeker om dingen die ge zelf nie zegt eruit te filteren. 'k vraag me wel af hoe belligie de nabije toekomst gaat ingaan, 'k denk da er langzaam ma zeker toch een rejeele kans begint te komen op een afscheuring, zeker wanneer ge bekijkt hoe et er tijdes de crisis in 2010 is aan toegegaan. As deze regering teleurstellend ga zijn ben 'k wel benieuwd na de vollegende verkiezinge.

Attached: 1545379218053.jpg (720x853, 103K)

>Ĉu plaĉas vin arto moderna?
"al vi" anstataŭ "vin". Mi ne certe scias ĉu uzi akuzativon estas gramatike ĝuste, sed "al vi" tiuokaze estas pli kutima.
>Iom homoj ne ŝatas la muziko de Bach, sed mi amas ĝin.
Iom da homoj ne ŝatas la muzikon de Bach
>Mia frato drinkas ofte alkolaĵojn sed mi drinkas sole unu glaso da vino kun vespermanĝo unufoje semajne.
unu glason da vino kun vespermanĝo po unu fojon semajne
>Mia patrino volas ke mi akvumu la plantojn. Ĉar estas tia varmega, la tero sekiĝi tre rapide.
Ĉar estas tiel varmege, ke la tero sekiĝas tre rapide
>Kial vi lasis malfermajn la fenestrojn la noktan pasintan? Nun flugas insektoj en la domo!
Kial vi lasis la fenestrojn malfermitaj? Nun flugas insektoj en la domon! (akuzativo tiuokaze montras moviĝon)

Krom tiuj eraretoj, Via Esperanto estas bona.