Latin-american anons that aren't from Brazil, do you know something in your country like our tapioca?

Latin-american anons that aren't from Brazil, do you know something in your country like our tapioca?

Attached: images (14).jpg (500x415, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H6qVmcQOysA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wtf is that

Describe them

what does tapioca taste like?

Lazy tasteless meme thing

Try to picture a soft taco made from cassava flour instead of corn, and the filling is coconut with cheese and some protein (chicken or beef)

no

Better asking: do you know anything that looks like that? is a starch extracted from the storage roots of the cassava plant.
Looks like i've finally found something that only brazilians eat

I've never seem it in my entire life

It's a good food to get fit, I eat everyday

>Looks like i've finally found something that only brazilians eat
Isn't pastel a Brazil only food?
bahianoooo

From which state are you from?

Attached: 1567222567654.jpg (204x360, 10K)

I thought the japs had bring it

Tapioca is fucking great and everyone who says otherwise is a retard :^)

Pastel is literally a street food found in half of the countries in the world
Google cheburek

Coxinha is only brazilian though

Is there any particular reason why Brazilian cuisine isn't more well known? Mexican, Peruvian and Argentine cuisine all enjoy relative popularity around the globe, but I honestly couldn't name a single Brazilian dish.

santa catarina

brazilian churrasco is way more popular than anything from argentina

I've wondered about it too, but then I started reading and noticed that nearly all of brazilian foods are just copies from other countries.

Only the northeast still have some unique cuisine.

We're a country of 210 million, yet only 3 million brazilians live abroad, most in the USA, so we have very low cultural projection.
Also, most of our traditional dishes are made with stuff that's not local or is very expensive in other countries.

We have empanadas, were I'm from we don't eat them like that nor fold them, but in most of the country and Venezuela they eat it like this

Attached: arepas-venezolanas-foto-principal.jpg (751x532, 40K)

Try broa de milho

Attached: images (23).jpg (554x554, 65K)

Nice, i really apreciate tapiocas, but those cheese ones in your pic and the candy/chocolate ones aren't fit

Isn't it a tapioca of eggs? Anyway I eat tapiocas of chicken so whatever.

??

Everyone has tapioca, but that isn't what this is.

You can't just make a boiled hotpocket, say it's your heritage, and call it apples. You retard monkeys.

I wouln'd say only the northeast, the north has its based native tradition, see açai for exemple, i don't think it is uniquelly brazilian but its uniquelly amazonic
I bet the far from coast center-west has something based i am not aware of

T. Pernambucano

It's literally a pre-colombian dish, you retard
The colonial settlers only added cheese and coconut to the fillings

There are plenty of things that kinda look like that. But looks =! taste, so, I can't really say
>a soft taco
A taco?
>cassava flour
What does this taste like?

I have never seen people do it with eggs, but i saw many doing it with chicken, shredded meat, dry meat or mostly shredded coconut. How does it goes with eggs? Do they do it like it was the fill of an portuguese style pizza?

What the FUCK is the wrong with chicanos?

Attached: c-cacetada.png (474x458, 276K)

is that sweet or savory

Is wrong?

>What does this taste like?
Nothing

The think is not the concept of "putting stuff inside some paste"
Its the actuall paste it is being used, mandioca starch, with is a native-southamerindian thing as the other user said

Sweet, but not much

My mom uses scrambled egg to fill
sometimes
Depends of how much sugar do you put in it

no. i've only ever seen it imported from brazil

I'm horrible at describing tastes, but do you know what is a cassava, don't you? A pure tapioca it's almost tasteless, but still a kind of pleasurable to eat, also we alway put stuff in it.

Is there some kind of egg culture somewhere in Brazil i am not aware of?

Tapioca is not something that has "fillings." How are you this ignorant?

This is like if I said

>Do you guys have flour in your country? Flour is when you take two pieces of bread and stuff them with meat and lettuce.

You're so stupid you can't even understand the problem with what you're saying. It doesn't matter who added what fillings, some foods don't have "fillings" you retard, tapioca is a starch. There is no such thing as "a tapioca," which just comes with shit in it. You literally think like a monkey does.

no

Pastel? Yeah, we eat that.

Tapioca is what the balls in bubble tea are made of I think

Fuck off chicanooo why can't chicanos bê chill wtf fuck off chicanooooo chicanooooo chicanooooo chicanooooo chicanooooo fuuuuuuuck offfff

So basically are you saying crokets, kibes or wathever are not food and not cultural because it is just flour with spics?

God, you are stupid

Really? Really nice, that fillings do you guys put on it? any idea how tapiocas came there, is it a cultural thing?

We eat a lot of cassava root (where tapioca comes from) in soup or in french fry-like things.

See pic related.

As far as processed tapioca, I don't see it much.

I think Paraguay also uses tapioca flour in a lot of recipes, usually mixed with corn flour as well.

Attached: PioPioPanama.jpg (1000x750, 83K)

Tapioca is the thing on the pic OP posted, you mongrel, tapioca is not the name of the flour used on its composition, it the name of the actuall food, it HAS to be a filling

I like it too, cassava is very based.
Thank you user

We fill it with guayaba. I think the pasteles may have originated from the Iberian peninsula? I dunno, I thought it was common in all iberian colonies, it still makes the most sense to me.

No.

somebody get the BoliviANO up, i need White Chuño with cinnamon and té.

Attached: 1552531830040.jpg (482x357, 88K)

Does anyone eat this btw? We call it "taco", we fill it with meat, pizza flavor, etc. We even have a similar shelling that looks like pasteles.

Attached: taco.jpg (600x315, 30K)

it tastes like solid hot water

Looks like our pastel

Gonna eat some pastel tomorrow lads.

Tapioca is a dessert

Buen provecho

I love the texture i tried it randomly in Rio and fell in love. Had some with Tomato,chicken, cheese, and oragano.
stop embarrassing us you fucking retard

youtube.com/watch?v=H6qVmcQOysA

Sadly there isn't something like that over here...
But I like Brazilian food :D

It can be. You have these in Israel?

Attached: tapioca+de+café+com+chocolate+e+doce+de+leite.jpg (448x298, 21K)

Never had tapioca bread but I've had stuff with tapioca flour it's almost flavorless

wow I didn't know we have Brazilians with tapioca stands in other countries haha

It's fine and apparently it's pretty healthy, at least better than wheat

Tapioca is a tupi word used by native brazilians to call the thing OP posted. You foreigners are the ones who corrupted it