/lang/ - Language Learning General

>What language(s) are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Ask questions about your target language!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Participate in translation challenges or make your own!
>Make frens!
>Don't forget to learn dutch!

Read this shit some damn time:
4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/The_Official_Jow Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Totally not a virus, but rather, lots of free books on languages!:
mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A

Check this pastebin for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides:
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
FAQ U:
>How do I learn a language? What is the best way to learn one? How should I improve on certain aspects?
Read the damn wiki
>Should I learn lang Y so I can learn lang X?
No
>What is the most useful language?
dutch
>What language should I learn?
dutch

Old thread >>

Attached: english teacher.png (878x822, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ww
amazon.com/Estonian-Textbook-Grammar-Exercises-Conversation/dp/0933070543/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Estonian Textbook: Grammar, Exercises, Conversation&qid=1563107599&s=gateway&sr=8-1
youtube.com/watch?v=97oZ-6cPPfo
youtube.com/watch?v=AGu2vhfbTUE
youtube.com/watch?v=muCDXjRd2uc
youtube.com/watch?v=yJiwYPsjwmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gPPfo5pPq4U
youtube.com/watch?v=FQldiYRzjm8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Corro
Tecnicamente è corretto ma "correre" non è propriamente associato a corse mattutine. A mio parere suona meglio "Vado a correre".
>ogni mattina
Corretto se così voluto: "ogni mattina" ~ "tutte le mattine"; il primo è più formale del secondo.
>(molte pitture?)
"Quadri" è corretto, usando "pitture" sembra che la stanza sia piena di barattoli di pittura.
>Ad alcune persone
Funziona, ma è un po' lungo. Ci starebbe anche "Ad alcuni" od addirittura il più formale "C'è a chi".
>I miei genitori hanno portato a casa del rum delicioso del suo viaggio a Cuba
"I miei genitori hanno portato a casa del/un rum delizioso dal loro viaggio a Cuba"
>riportato
"riportare" è "portare di nuovo", "portare dov'era già stato" e diversi altri significati, ma non "portare (qui) da qualche altra parte".
>beve alcool
"alcol"; inoltre "bere" ha spesso sottinteso che si tratta di alcolici (come d'altronde anche "drink").
>solamente
"solamente" ~ "solo"; il primo mi suona più formale, ma potrei sbagliarmi.
>per
"a", ambo i casi.
>che io innaffii le piante che stanno fuori, oggi.
"che oggi io innaffi le piante fuori (casa)", "all'esterno della casa", ...
>Perchè fa tanto caldo
"tanto" = "very" in questo contesto; si usa "così".
"Con questo caldo", "Col caldo che fa" (informal), ...
>seccherà
Nota che "seccare" è detto sia di chi secca qualcosa, sia di cosa è seccato; se si essere più specifici si può usare "seccarsi".
>Ora ci sono degli insetti volando in casa
"Adesso in casa ci sono (gli) insetti che volano!"
"Ora" ~ "Adesso", ma il primo è più formale.
>sarà
Va bene, tuttavia va altrettanto bene "sia".
>forse non potrò andare a navegare"
"potrei non riuscire ad andare in barca"; non so da dove venga quel "forse".

I noticed several literal translations. Not all turns of phrase work in both languages; however many they might be (there are several in this very paragraph), it would be better to consider them an exception rather than the rule.

How to be pretentious & cringy: talk about philosophy of language in a language learning thread

AHHHHHHHHH HOW DO I LEARN ESTONIAN AHHHHHHHH

Watch videos or read books and look up words as you go along.
When that doesn't work, nothing will.

hows everyones vocab study going

1 question
why

it depends, do you have language learning experience? teach yourself estonian and colloquial estonian are both good books to start with. E nagu eesti is probably the best language learning book I have seen, and it's what every school uses I think, more made to be used with a teacher tho. Also this is gold ww w.eki.e e/dict/psv/

dann leg mal los kollege

Thinking of learning Mandarin. I like Chinese culture, and Mandarin might be more useful as time goes on. Don't know how exactly to go about it though.

Learn some minority Finno-Ugric language from Russia instead

>Even less resources
does this book look any good: amazon.com/Estonian-Textbook-Grammar-Exercises-Conversation/dp/0933070543/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Estonian Textbook: Grammar, Exercises, Conversation&qid=1563107599&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I want to learn a finno-ugric language. I also would rather (potentially) live in Estonia than in Finland.

>Even less resources
fewer*

I have the swedish original of that one, and it's a pretty heavy read. Should be good if you are motivated enough to make it though it. Also check out book2, the estonian recordings are good.

Use the RTK book, sell your soul to the Anki devas, and watch Taiwanese soap operas & Mainland Chinese Communist propaganda

So, Sven, Why did you learn Estonian?

>Not attempting to revive Livonian
youtube.com/watch?v=97oZ-6cPPfo
Wish I could find more eesti documentaries easily

I don't get the hate to anki

RTK?

>I like Chinese culture
Such as?

Sorry sweaty, but the holy triumvirate of Uralic languages is Mari, Nenets and Udmurt.

You're right about Mari but Udmurt is nigger tier

Remembering the kanji/hanzi book

Delete this; I will not allow you to blatantly insult my qtp2d redhead udmurt waifus

youtube.com/watch?v=AGu2vhfbTUE

Attached: Kornheise_what2.jpg (200x314, 14K)

bump

what language do I learn if I want to get away from contemporary politics and young white people wanting to be the opposite sex? actually I love young white people, they're my favorite, but they're so utterly intolerable to be around because of their politics

Maybe Polish?

Polish or Russian

I'm spending $30k a year to study German at my state college

my wife chino... I WANT TO FUCK CHINO
please chino is so cute my wife chino is so cute chino chan sex chino sex with chino i'd like some more kafuu chino sex with chino kafuu chino my wife cute is so chino wife

Georgian

mia edzino ĉino... MI VOLAS FIKI ĈINON
mi petas ĉino estas tiom ĉarma mia edzino ĉino estas tiom ĉarma ĉino ĉan seksumo ĉino sekumo kun ĉino mi ŝatus pli da kafu ĉino seksumo kun ĉino kafu ĉino mia edzino ĉino estas tiel ĉino edzino

I am making a custom engraved ring for someone and i need the words "Don't Die" in Irish/Gaelic! I have used Google translate but i want to be sure.

Attached: giphy.gif (234x480, 1.44M)

I got ná faigheann tú bás from google but i want to be sure

Why would I learn Dutch when I can learn Afrikaans instead?

Srpska

Learn Cape Dutch to get 2 for the price of two.

what about spanish
what is university culture in mexico like

If you ain't studying STEM in college & learning languages in your spare time by watching shitty komedy films, you're wasting both your time and your parents' money

CS & Humanities departments in Mexican universities are full of weebs and trannies.

Anons needing corrections:
(French)
(Polish)
(Italian)

Previous post if you're thirsty for more dumb mistakes to greentext:

I guess there's no escape
I don't even know why this stuff pisses me off so much but I feel isolated even around my closest friends who are all leftist and have anarchy posters and "toxic masculinity" bumper stickers and stuff

the thing is only rural retards are tolerable to me but I'm not a rural retard myself. I'm just an effeminate city dweller nerd who doesn't fit in with anyone else in that demographic
I don't want to hang out with normalfags or rural retards but they're the only people that don't make me scared and uncomfortable

Then surround yourself with the culture of one Slavic or African country. Look for websites where you can get into discussions about stuff you like with people from those places. Imitate examples of behaviour you'd admire.

Oh well, learn a language to speak to people on the internet. Go on their general and speak in their language, or find an imageboard like Jow Forums but in that language. That way you'll find others similar to you to chat with.

bump

everyone is busy learning languages duh [maybe]spoiler[/maybe]

>[maybe]spoiler[/maybe]
based dyslexic

C H A L L E N G E

Г
Г
m
Z

m

Screw it i’ll Make one myself

Let's try this then. A listening challenge.

youtube.com/watch?v=muCDXjRd2uc
youtube.com/watch?v=yJiwYPsjwmQ

If you can find your target lang amongst one of these videos:
>Easier
Tell us what you can interpret from the report.
>Harder
Transcribe the report in the original language
>Hardest
Give as accurate an English translation as possible.

*sets playback speed to 0.25*

Attached: dab on them haters.png (554x400, 66K)

If you must.

Language challenge why me edition

Chill mode
> Good morning to everybody!
> It is 7:49 AM.
> A happy woman is smiling.
> I don’t like Facebook posts.
> I want to sleep.

Ok mode
> Should I make a tea or a coffee?
> Tea is calming, coffee is energizing.
> It is my first day of college so I will choose tea.
> I’ve got up pretty early, guess I have to kill some time.
> ‘Angry birds’ [translate it] is a stupid name for a game, but all in all it is for children.

Hard mode
> Either memory doesn’t serve me correctly or tram tickets were actually cheaper two years ago.
> In the mornings like this, transport is always crammed up with old people and pregnant women.
> A green-eyed fifteen years old girl stared at me while her mum was taking her out of the tram. A vaguely remembered Aerosmith song sprang to my mind.
> As I was walking toward the campus, my head was visualizing my future failures before the people I was yet to meet.
> I really hope colleges get their own shootings as well.

Attached: 1EB59D26-292A-4973-A44D-8085CD496A85.jpg (735x737, 65K)

Ok i’ll Try this out

I still can't understand it. What's wrong with me? Am I too autistic to truly learn a second language? I listened multiple times and I can only understand a couple of words.

Attached: kill me fork.jpg (353x352, 12K)

Is your language non-phonetic?

It is phonetic, I'm just retarded. I'm at a point where I can translate hard mode written challenges almost perfectly but not be able to listen to the spoken language.

Looks like the challenge is working as intended.
There's a reason I put "Easier" instead of "Easy"

Iktf, though in my case I really suck at understanding spoken language even in my native tongue, despite the fact that my hearing is fine.

Chill mode
おはよ、皆!
今、ごぜん7時49分です。
嬉しい女がニコニコしてる。
フェースブックポストきらいや。
> I want to sleep.
寝たい。
Ok mode
こーひーとお茶とどっちがいい?
おちゃは落ち着いて、コーヒーは気力する。
日の最初大学にだから、おちゃ選ぶ。
はやくおきて、時間があるでしょう。
> ‘Angry birds’ [translate it] is a stupid name for a game, but all in all it is for children.
「プンプン鳥」ゲームのなまえはおろかだが、子供用だね。

Attached: YEA.jpg (499x499, 32K)

had the same problem with english, could read perfectly but couldn't understand shit, so I started to watch let's plays in english, seems like a dumb idea but it worked so

Attached: y1WRZvA.jpg (300x300, 24K)

It takes time to learn a language, but it's faster depending on how it's presented to you at the start. I just googled 'french grammar' and 'french sentence structure', and it still took a while collect enough dropped hints about the language before the peices started to click in my mind. Some people really do learn differently.
I'm doing okay with spanish now only after grasping verb congugation, which is the key to all romance languages.

Anyone have any tips on understanding people that speak fast?

I know practice is the obvious answer but its going to take a while for my brain to work that fast (especially when I dont live in that country)

I want to learn Spanish so I can spy on Hispanics who speak it near me. Happens frequently at work. Wonder if they’re calling me incel or some shit

Wanna try Western Neo-Aramaic or Assyrian Neo-Aramaic but don't even know if you learn those specific two in English

Have a look at latinized Abkhaz. What peculiar alphabet. I have never seen some of these glyphs before.

Attached: Abkhaz.png (620x400, 23K)

Reminds me of what our Mormons invented back in the 1800s.

Attached: deseret.gif (577x527, 16K)

Interesting. For what purpose? To re-write the Bible in this?

It was intended to make English more phonologically consistent- so one sound would equal one letter. Mormons wanted to increase literacy rates with it.

Very sweet of them desu.

38 letters instead of 26. I don't think it's the way to go.
They should instead have introduced phonetic spelling for English.
Laik dhis if yu get wot ai miin.

A little more than 2 months now. I use dictionaries a lot.. Anyway I have no real reason to do it desu I just like it

>youtube.com/watch?v=yJiwYPsjwmQ
That's kinda fast. Had to rewind a bit, even for the English part. Especially the names they mention like Shropshire. Here's my attempts at transcribing. In parenthesis are sounds I heard but couldn't decipher into words. Triple dots are complete uncertainty

0:30 - 1:00
Hello there a very cold day yesterday in fact it was the coldest we'd seen since December 2010, the maximum of -6.2 degrees Celsius yesterday recorded yesterday in (Braymuh). And of course there was the snow. This photo sent in by a weather-watcher in Shropshire. More, some people didn't see any snow at all! There was 33 centimeters of snow recorded in (Sandy Bridge/Centibridge). 11cm in (Coventrey) as we move through the day today, this is the area of low pressure coming up from the south that's going to bring us (bale) of rain. Perhaps some snow and sleet mixed in with that

Why do they say "at all" as "a tall"?

3:30 - 4:00
Dziś w nocy ... sami tego śniegu jeszcze dosypie, ale pojawi się też opady deszczu, zaraz szczegołe, a teraz zobaczmy mapę europy. Na pogodę w Polsce wpływają pola wysokiego ciśnienia.
(Alelat) naszym krajem (wdoś) jest (porejczęści) i jeszcze zalegają takie arktyczne masy powietrza, ot tego dużo wilgoci. To spowoduje, że niestete (tychmury) będą cały czas w miejscu i będziemy mieli jutro do ... z bardzo podobną pogodą, jak ... dzisiaj, czyli (zerupsi jaśni)

Some new words encountered and some remain in the dark

A little more than 2 months now. I use dictionaries a lot.. Anyway I have no real reason to do it desu I just like it

>youtube.com/watch?v=yJiwYPsjwmQ
That's kinda fast. Had to rewind a bit, even for the English part. Especially the names they mention like Shropshire. Here's my attempts at transcribing. In parenthesis are sounds I heard but couldn't decipher into words. Triple dots are complete uncertainty

0:30 - 1:00
Hello there a very cold day yesterday in fact it was the coldest we'd seen since December 2010, the maximum of -6.2 degrees Celsius yesterday recorded yesterday in (Braymuh). And of course there was the snow. This photo sent in by a weather-watcher in Shropshire. More, some people didn't see any snow at all! There was 33 centimeters of snow recorded in (Sandy Bridge/Centibridge). 11cm in (Coventrey) as we move through the day today, this is the area of low pressure coming up from the south that's going to bring us (bale) of rain. Perhaps some snow and sleet mixed in with that

Why do they say "at all" as "a tall"?

3:30 - 4:00
Dziś w nocy ... sami tego śniegu jeszcze dosypie, ale pojawi się też opady deszczu, zaraz szczegołe, a teraz zobaczmy mapę europy. Na pogodę w Polsce wpływają pola wysokiego ciśnienia.
(Alelat) naszym krajem (wdoś) jest (porejczęści) i jeszcze zalegają takie arktyczne masy powietrza, ot tego dużo wilgoci. To spowoduje, że niestete (te chmury) będą cały czas w miejscu i będziemy mieli jutro do ... z bardzo podobną pogodą, jak ... dzisiaj, czyli ...

Some new words encountered and some remain in the dark
V2: Guessed it should be "te chmury". Sometimes the y sounds like e to me

Well, Polish has a lot of rz-sz-cz sounds. It's not easy, but at least there's a 1-1 relation between pronunciation and writing.
Danish unfortunately doesn't have that. I saw the first two episodes of "Den som draeber" yesterday and was thankful for the subtitles.

I think it's just insufficient vocab so I don't know what words to consider into the places where I didn't get it

I go to college for £1080 a year and I will be fluent in 2 and now a lot about another by the time I am finished.

Chillmode
Goeiemorgen allemaal!
[Intentionally colloquial]
Het is 7:49 uur 's ochtends.
Een gelukkige vrouw glimlacht.
Ik vind Facebook-posts niet leuk.
> I want to sleep.
Ik wil slapen.

Okémode
Zou ik thee of koffie zetten?
[Can you also use "maken"?]
Thee is kalmerend, koffie is vitaliserend.
Het is mijn eerste dag van het college, dus zou ik thee kiezen.
Ik ben vrij vroeg opgestaan, ik denk ik heb wat tijd te doden.
'Boze Vogels' is een stomme naam voor een spel[/game?], maar al met al is het voor kinderen.

Moeilijkmode
> Either memory doesn’t serve me correctly or tram tickets were actually cheaper two years ago.
Of laat mijn geheugen me in de steek of tramkaartjes waren twee jaar geleden daadwerkelijk goedkoper.
> In the mornings like this, transport is always crammed up with old people and pregnant women.
Tijdens ochtenden zoals deze is het vervoer altijd volgepropt met oude mensen en zwangere vrouwen.
> A green-eyed fifteen years old girl stared at me while her mum was taking her out of the tram. A vaguely remembered Aerosmith song sprang to my mind.
Een groenogig meisje van vijftien staarde naar me terwijl haar moeder ze uit de tram nam. Ik dacht meteen aan een vage herinnering aan een Aerosmith-nummer
[I don't think there is a good translation for "sprang to mind"?]
> As I was walking toward the campus, my head was visualizing my future failures before the people I was yet to meet.
Als ik richting campus liep, gevisualiseerde ik mijn toekomstige mislukkingen voor de mensen die nog zou ontmoeten.

lol character limit

>Dag dames en heren, het zijn de donkere dagen voor kerst. We moeten het zelf een beetje gezellig maken want er is vrij veel bewolking. We zien hier nog plassen op de wegen in Breda. Veel neerslag zal er niet vallen maar ja, de zon zullen we ook moeten missen, want vandaag hebben we te maken met vrij veel bewolking. Op de meeste plaatsen is 't wel droog, als daar wat valt zal dat langs de noordoost- en oostgrens van ons land zijn. En als het zonnetje dan toch door...
"Greetings ladies and gentlemen, these are the dark days before Christmas. We need to make things a bit cozier [>translating 'gezellig'] ourselves since it is rather cloudy. Here we still see puddles on the streets of Breda. There shouldn't be much precipitation but yeah, the sun will elude us as well since we are dealing with quite a lot of cloud cover. Most places however are dry, if there is any rain it should fall along the north-eastern and eastern border of our country. And if the sun does happen to [shine] through..."

She speaks pretty slowly so rather ez, I found translating it into English harder cause I don't know all those weather terms in English.
Although it would've been a bit harder if I weren't used to the southern accent this lady has because she doesn't pronounce most n's at the end of words as they do there

This reminds me of once I was a little kid, 10 years old, and tried to transcribe a song in English. I misheard some things pretty badly and remember these mistakes:
- awkward as "aqua"
- real as "rio" (as in Rio de Janeiro)

It will come with time. I haven't listened to much spoken Polish yet so transcribing weather forecasts is like jumping into the deep end of a swimming pool when you don't know how to swim. I also did that as a kid, almost drowned

>More, some people didn't see any snow at all! There
And while some people didn't see any snow at all, there...

A very destressed "and" there. I normally wouldn't be pedantic about this one but I wanted to note that her prosody here implies that she hasn't finished her sentence yet.

>us (bale)
a spell, where "a" is a schwa.

Funnily enough, in Melbourne at least, /ɛl/ is moving towards something like /æl/ so kids say "Malburn" when talking about their home city.

>Why do they say "at all" as "a tall"?
She's talking quickly so the "at" is destressed so the /æ/ vowel becomes a schwa.
Because she's talking quickly she doesn't bother to pause between "at" and "all" so it sorta blends together.

Bonus:
Probably Braemar, Sennybridge and Conventry

>Chill mode
>> Good morning to everybody!
Gud morgon till alla.
>> It is 7:49 AM.
Det är klockan sju fyrtiono.
>> A happy woman is smiling.
En glad kvinna är leende.
>> I don’t like Facebook posts.
Jag tycker inte om facebook post. (dunno how to translate that one).
>> I want to sleep.
Jag vill sova.
>Ok mode
>> Should I make a tea or a coffee?
Ska jag göra en te eller kaffe?
>> Tea is calming, coffee is energizing.
Te är lugnande, kaffe är energigivande.
>> It is my first day of college so I will choose tea.
Det är min först dagen på college jag kommer att välja te.
>> I’ve got up pretty early, guess I have to kill some time.
Jag går upp tidigt, antar att jag måste döda som tid.

Attached: 1553938087563.png (894x700, 445K)

Also the Bee Gees "Staying Alive" kinda sounded like "Stenalder" (stone age) to me. Though I knew that would be ridiculous

Japanese is more logical than English. English spelling is based of some 14th century and mostly late medieval spelling.

I think there's a video on Youtube where they took the song "All by myself", made a video about a christmas elf and put subtitles under it "Obama's elf".

youtube.com/watch?v=gPPfo5pPq4U

this is why scots is better.
you actually say how it is written, this is why English speakers can read scots sometimes since their spelling is based off old pronunciation that scots still uses.

English
I went London for my home, it reminds me of my parents since the oven is the same.
Scots
I gangit tae Lundoun for my hame, it mynds me o my mider an faeder sin the uin is the same.

Scots rules. English is gay.

being logical isnt important for languages
the most important thing is to save their traditional features in them
in that point, english and french are the most rational language ever among common languages

Don't wanna shit up the thread with more nonsense like this but this one sounds like 100% perfect
youtube.com/watch?v=FQldiYRzjm8

"I shat out a bum/zit"

no. this is why dyslexia is high in egnlsih speaking country. they have no sound written.

i dont think all of people must handle their languages
to make languages easier for that kind of ppl sounds nonsense to me

no care. me only need scots no English.

English is literally one of most irrational languages when it comes to pronunciation though. Looking at the word doesn't tell you shit about how it's pronounced. Tear or tear, wind or wind, read or read? Why do new and sew, worse and horse, said and paid not rhyme? Absolute fucking nonsense.

English
Tear
Tear
Read
Read
New
Sew
Worse
Horse
Said
Paid

Scots
Tear
Teir
Wind
Wind (both said like wind in English)
Read
Rade
Waur
Hors
Seyd
Peyd

Guess which one (one is probably the worst English word, said wund but write one) is best.

i mean remaining its traditional features is rational for natural languages such as english
ofc the difference between writing and pronunciation becomes wider and wider day by day, but still keeping the spelling in english or french
thats the reason why i said they are rational as natural languages

no. I will ban English if I become King of Scotland.

>Chillmode
>Okémode
>Moeilijkmode
sounds retarded

chillmodus is flawless, although you could also write "Facebookpost", doesn't really matter
"happy" is also hard to translate to dutch, "gelukkig" is more like a state of being content with the world that spans a longer time than "blij" which is more in the moment.

Okémodus
>Zou ik thee of koffie zetten?
>[Can you also use "maken"?]
"zetten" refers to the act of brewing, you could say "maken" but in this context "zetten" is way more natural
>vitaliserend.
kind of archaic, don't really know what to replace it with though
>Het is mijn eerste dag van het college, dus zou ik thee kiezen.
college is translated as "universiteit", in dutch "college" can mean a sort of catholic middle school or lessons at university
>dus ik zou thee kiezen
wrong. "dus ik ga thee kiezen", you twisted the meaning to a description of a hypothetical situation, for example "if it were my first day at college, i would choose tea"
>ik denk ik heb wat tijd te doden.
your word order is unnatural here. "ik denk dat ik wat tijd te doden heb" or preferably "ik ga wat tijd moeten doden denk/vrees ik"
>'Boze Vogels' is een stomme naam voor een spel[/game?]
game is also acceptable and specifically refers to digital games
>al met al
al bij al

moeilijk-modus

>Of laat mijn geheugen me in de steek of tramkaartjes waren twee jaar geleden daadwerkelijk goedkoper.
ofwel laat mijn geheugen me in de steek, ofwel waren tramkaartjes(dutch)/tramtickets(flemish) twee jaar geleden wel degelijk goedkoper.
I prefer the use of "wel degelijk" over "daadwerkelijk". You're certainly not incorrect but it adds something to the context.
>Tijdens ochtenden zoals deze is het vervoer altijd volgepropt met oude mensen en zwangere vrouwen.
"openbaar vervoer" assuming they are talking about public transport, "het vervoer" sounds too vague
(1/2)

you dont

>Een groenogig meisje van vijftien staarde naar me terwijl haar moeder ze uit de tram nam.
terwijl haar moeder haar uit de tram nam
>Ik dacht meteen aan een vage herinnering aan een Aerosmith-nummer
"van een Aerosmith-nummer", "herrineren aan" is correct, but "herinnering" is not a verb.
better translation: "Een vage herinnering aan een Aersomith-nummer kwam in me op"
>[I don't think there is a good translation for "sprang to mind"?]
Actually there is one, see the better translation
>Als ik richting campus liep
incorrect, translates back as "if I walked toward campus"
Terwijl ik richting campus liep
>gevisualiseerde ik mijn toekomstige mislukkingen voor de mensen die nog zou ontmoeten.
visualiseerde ik mijn toekomstige mislukkingen voor mensen die ik nog moest ontmoeten.
I guess "mensen die ik nog zou ontmoeten" is technically correct but it sounds off to me

well done user

I have.

>the most important thing is to save their traditional features in them
BASED opinion