Why is Southeast Asia so uninteresting?

Compared to East Asia (Japan, Korea, China) and South Asia (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan), Southeast Asia seems so much less interesting. It seems more culturally uniform, not as interesting food, and rampant with sex tourism.

Why is that?

Attached: map-with-info-for-frankenstein-1000.jpg (1000x923, 471K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/i-married-muslim-husbad-italian-women-share-viral-hashtag-against-prejudice-623180
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Southeast Asia
>culturally uniform, not as interesting food

Mainland Southeast Asia seems pretty interesting. Don't know what your problem is

Attached: wat-arun-bangkok.jpg (2048x1375, 929K)

Pinoy here.

We aren't Southeast Asian. We are Polynesian.

If you visited Indonesia with around 10k for a summer, you could live like a late 15th century Spanish conquistador.

No

i like big booty chinese girls

Our culture isn't anything like Asian. If you've been around us, you'd get it.

so many ritoru irando
so smaru

It's a comfy region to play in on eu4

So? You're not Polynesian, either

How much is living cost in USA though?

Yeah, that's why people on Guam and Hawaii speak Philippine languages, right?

As a Chinese person, we all look down on SEAmonkeys. They aren't human beings.

Clearly an opinion-based statement. Subjectively, though, I agree with the OP. I'm from the U.S. and have visited Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore and Indonesia. All decent places with worthwhile destinations and good food.

But I've been to India at least thirteen times and just finished a two-week trip around Nepal. South Asia, at least to me, far more intriguing. And unlike much of SEA, it's not over-saturated with tourists (unless you're somewhere like Goa or Kathmandu in peak season).

Ah well. To each their own.

>more culturally uniform
no
>not as interesting food
purely subjective opinion
>and rampant with sex tourism
oh well

As a White person, we all look down on Asian monkeys. They aren't human beings.

People on Guam are Polynesian and Hawaiians don't speak any Filipino languages. I don't know why you're trying to claim it as Filipino just because it's in the same family. Do Indians speak Spanish? Lol

Tagalog and Illokano are widely spoken in Hawaii and Guam.

Uninteresting is not enough, i honestly prefer to be hated by west/anglos like Saudis or Iran but without doing any threat. I dont want to be like Japan.

I feel exactly the opposite. It's the part of Asia I like the most (no not for sex tourism)

Why is the Philippines so utterly irrelevant? I feel like its the one place in the world we could nuke and it would make zero difference on the planet.

I know they worship us like slaves.

Because they are chill and didn't care much about civilization because of buddhist teachings.

Speak for yourself. I find SEA to be the most interesting region ive been to. Certainly less bland than western Europe.

they are important because that's where most of the cheap labour comes from

Mind sharing some general strategy? I'm thinking of playing a country in that region but I suck at EU4

Immigrants don't count

We have Mexico and Africa for that. Next.

Yeah, forgetting about all the Muzzies and Catholics in the island countries.

They are the most powerful race, and that is a fact.

He's American, they're born with problems because of high fructose corn syrup.

Attached: SIAM.jpg (1722x1203, 738K)

We should start a huge civil war there for no reason.

SEA rightfully belongs to India.

Attached: ancient empire.jpg (720x520, 38K)

I prefer Southeast Asia than Southern Asia

SE Asia would be more interesting if an India or China like civilization took most of it over. The fact is that they are the only region in Asia wholly defined by colonialism.

India sort of is too, but not as much.

Based

>Africa
african migration to the us is pretty much nonexistent, there are fewer african migrants combined than filipinos alone

Attached: usmigrants.png (687x839, 49K)

What's more intriguing about it
>didn't care much about civilization
Do you think they just sat there doing nothing or something?

Attached: Bangan-Temples.jpg (4272x2848, 1.81M)

I just hear from my Asian friends (read from the important countries like China and Japan) that Filipinos could all die and nothing would change.

*yawn*

Attached: holyshitaru.jpg (1526x1602, 414K)

there's a chicken shaped church in Indonesia

1. India has never been one country like China
2. Thailand unlike India was never colonized and has always been independent

>South Asia
>interesting

Yes, literally the only country not directly controlled by colonial powers, yet both the French and British took huge chunks of the Kingdom's territory.

Funny how most Americans don't give two fucks about your country even though you were our colony. We could abuse and mistreat you, and you would still love us.

You are literally cuckold: the nation

Your original statement is still wrong. Don't move the goalpost

t. Collection of islands best known for Abu Sayyaf, shemales and sex tourism

>SE Asia would be more interesting if an India or China like civilization took most of it over.
SEAsia was influenced by Indian Culture for a long time though
The only thing that defines SEA is the post-colonial borders it inherited (or gotten) from colonial powers

Why do you feel the need to make this statement?

Chunks as opposed to the entirety of every other nation in the region. And now they're crumbling, their legacies turned to ash.

Attached: bkk (5).jpg (5292x2176, 3.06M)

Just want to make sure how worthless they know their lives are.

Because philipinos are like 25% of the population for both guam and hawaii

So whats the rivalry there? Is it thai vs myanmar or thai vs vietnam?

But shemales are famous because of your country, user. Agree with the rest of them though.

Cringe
I've read Myanmar and Thailand have gone on countless wars with each other historically but I don't know how much that influences the present day

Thai vs Myanmar
Indonesia vs Malaysia
It's the only rivalry I can think off since Viets and Flips don't have anyone to bother with

Thai vs everyone else in the region. But especially bruma historically at least

Pinoys in Cali like to say they're Pacific islanders rather than Asian. IS that how Flips see themselves or are American Pinoys basically >CHI tier.

>IS that how Flips see themselves or are American Pinoys basically >CHI tier.
They're mentally fucked in the head desu

>t. Indian diaspora
You need to go back.

We're not Asian at all. We have nothing in common with our neighbors. We have mostly Western names, we don't use chopsticks, we are Catholic as opposed to an Asian religion, etc.

>much that influences the present day
None of it really. They have their own problems and they mostly come here to do menial labor.

>t. banged 3 of my Burmese maids

Attached: Greater_Siam_19th_century.gif (400x684, 36K)

This isn't my country.

I'm not Indian.

You lot are asians not ooga booga papuans don't worry about it

seamonkey can't do anything except selling their women(male)

>Southeast Asia
>uninteresting.
Dont talk to me or my ladyboy ever again.

Attached: 1548548277743.jpg (647x960, 141K)

>no western influence
>is even more degenerate

We're not Melanesian - we're Polynesian. Think about it. Before the Spanish came, we had animist religions, and our traditional diet is more like Polynesia than even some place like Indonesia.

Ever think its weird how different we look from all our neighbors?

Attached: 1567421137519.jpg (500x667, 76K)

>italy
>negative population growth
>full of immigrants
Whoops...
You're not Polynesian. Do you even know where Polynesia is?

I think the Spanish influence in the Philippines wasn't that much to begin with. You can barely tell they were there. We're pretty much Anglo nowadays.

What do people from Thailand think of people from Laos?
>turd

>t. crumbling infrastructureland
No wonder you signed up to China's B&R. It's your only chance not to have a pile of rubble for a nation.

t.seamonkey
t.spic

Your language is literally a more ancient version of austronesian, user. Genetic test shows that you're even more austronesian than the rest of us.

>Culturally uniform
I don't blame you for being a retard. I blame our schools. Read books retard

Kek

Laotians are our little brothers. Our languages are mutually intelligible and they love our telenovellas but they're about 50 years behind us development-wise and French bread is a part of their gastronomy because of French colonialism.

Attached: genoa-bridge-collapse-rt-jpo-180814_hpMain_2_4x3_992.jpg (992x744, 207K)

>full immigrants
I don't see many mexicans around

Wow ancient austronesian had a ton of English and Spanish words? Awesome! I guess the Chinese, Spanish, Japanese, and Americans did nothing to our gene pool either.

>strawmanning this hard

Attached: 110540693-human-hand-spraying-insecticide-on-dead-cockroach-pest-control-health-and-hygiene-concept- (1300x975, 79K)

This is how different we are from you. You guys are more oriented to Asia. We are more oriented to the US. Most of us want to be the US's 51st state.

I forgot you are the same race as sandturds. Guess you can't really notice them

>we're Polynesian
I'm gonna have to ask the same question asked
Polynesia is far from Austronesia so why do you have to keep on saying y'all are Polynesians?
> Before the Spanish came, we had animist religions
So does most of pre-colonial Indonesia and Malaysia prior to colonisation when it existed alongside Hinduism and Islam
>traditional diet is more like Polynesia than even some place like Indonesia
Like Pork and Seafood yes and guess what you can find them in Southeast Asia too
I know you ameriflips are fucked in the head but come on you don't have to sink to this kind of wewuzzery

>thai men

Attached: 1548881366785.jpg (820x553, 215K)

Most Polynesians came from Austronesia you imbecil. They took boats from the Philippines and basically colonized the whole pacific except for Melanesia.

Why do you think Hawaiians and people on Guam look exactly like Filipinos?

people are much willing to self-insert when you're poor.
we have interesting local deities with legit concept yet foreigners are still more attracted to anime tier mythical beings.

So yes, Ameriflips are Chicano tier. Got it.

Lmao.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190905-004050_Chrome.jpg (1078x1379, 682K)

Polynesians are posited to come from Taiwan or Southern China and you don't look like Polynesians, which isn't surprising since Polynesians are like 1/3 Melanesian.

A shame that brits never occupied you, maybe you would have some sense of humour

Why do Italian women do this?

newsweek.com/i-married-muslim-husbad-italian-women-share-viral-hashtag-against-prejudice-623180

Indonesia and Malaysia should unite.

Very creative for a fucking monkey

We look more like you than we do our neighbors.

filipinos have degrees of negrito (melanesian) admixture dumdum

>Most Polynesians came from Austronesia you imbecil. They took boats from the Philippines and basically colonized the whole pacific except for Melanesia
I'm not going to deny that but the fact that Polynesia is their own thing compared to being lumped in with Austronesians says a lot about how big the distinction between the two are
And it didn't happen in a span of a few decades where everyone just upped and left, it happened over a large period of time
>Why do you think Hawaiians and people on Guam look exactly like Filipinos?
That doesn't mean you can just wewuz as Polynesians
Then by your logic I'm Japanese because I have slanted eyes and yellow skin or my Malay friends are Filipinos just because they look like Filipinos

I don't even know why we (Philippines) joined ASEAN. We should've tried to carved our way into NAFTA

I have plenty of humor when I look at Italian bridges compared to ours. xD

Attached: SmartSelect_20190905-004642_Samsung Notes.jpg (1187x1609, 1.1M)

Attached: best-roach-sprays.jpg (953x800, 47K)

much less willing*