Slavic friends help me out

Was this supposed to represent Slavic folklore or mythology? To me it just seemed Germanic folklore rebranded with Slavic names

Attached: the-witcher-3-guia-platina.jpg (900x563, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poroniec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topielec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_folklore
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Witcher is based mostly on germanic tales and slavi myths themselves aren’t much different from germanic ones. Two types of fair skined forrest barbarians form temperate climate zone would make similar tales even if they never had contant with one another.

>playing videogames

>To me it just seemed Germanic folklore rebranded with Slavic names
high IQ post

i really liked the game but the save files corrupted on the ps4 when i was 40 hours in
never played the game anymore

Attached: 1563093780703.jpg (1063x800, 88K)

idk because Slovenian folklore itself is a mix of Slavic, Germanic and (pre-)Roman elements

Thanks for the explanation

some are purely slavic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poroniec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topielec

and many more
also Vampires come from slavic mythology

Yes just the game felt like Skyrim more and less like I would have expected a Slavic game to be

vampires are mostly serbian, right?

They are vaguely east yuro, like werewolfs. Serbs are just the most autistic about them.

It's all around European fantasy with random bits of different cultures mashed together. Obviously the Slavic vibes and strictly Polish references are dominant here, but jerking off to it as le pure 100% slavshit mythology braise perun :DDD is fucking retarded.
For example the quest with the tower in which a swarm of mice ate some people alive is a reference to our legend of king Popiel, a prechristian ruler who poisoned his uncles and relied on germanic mercenaries to keep the folk under his foot. He and his German wife got killed and eaten by mice and rats which got attracted by the rotting bodies of his uncles which he drowned in water below the tower.

Most of these mythical creatures are most likely way older than any modern Slavic nation, so not really

>Was this supposed to represent Slavic folklore or mythology?
Yes but not very well.
>To me it just seemed Germanic folklore rebranded with Slavic names
Seems like you dont know much about either

ah alright, I just heard that the word is actually servian and that the first guys who were "reported vampires" were servs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_folklore

lol

>vampires
There are many kinds of vampires actually

>gookstation 4
>no cloud save

Attached: 1564623360275.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

Slavic mythology is fucking subhuman trash, greek and norse is much better

Please stop. These things are scary.

Attached: bc0wr6wgn7g21.png (656x755, 38K)

shut up, Hungary. go to bed, the big boys are talking.

Wow

Lots of the architecture in the game is straight up Italian, even things like the banking system or the dwarves and merchants are Italian.
Some of the names too, like Vivaldi or the scoia'taels (scoiattolo in Italian which means squirrel), Toussant is basically a mix of the Italian city states with French names thrown in.

shit overhyped trash game

Attached: gun pepe.png (469x452, 277K)

I played W3 twice with both english and russian localization and I'm gonna say it felt like two different games.
The english one felt more like something from the Netherlands. Russian, unlike, made me feel like the region of the Witcher series is somewhere near the Balkans.

Basically it's a mix of everything, just like real Europe.
You have fjords and snow to the north, arabs with somebody's cut head on their belts, slavic wooden houses and peasants and also big-nosed bankers

Same, except I had 60 hours.

Why are you so mean?

>Toussant is basically a mix of the Italian city states with French names thrown in

It also has refferences to Spain, like a tomb with the complete name of Picasso, the Trastamara spanish royal house, a notice for kinghts telling them to stop attacking windmills and some more I can't recall now

folklore and fairy tales are suprisingly similar across many regions. you find the same tales changed slightly everywhere. characters might change, princes become regular peasants, a witch might be a female troll like its common in iceland etc.
even if the stories themselves vary a lot in plot some themes are found everywhere.
like making a deal with an evil entity, be it a witch, demon, imp (or whatever Rumpelstielzchen is) or the devil himself.

>greek
bunch of people with random animal parts mashed together
>norse
bunch of big people and small people, occasionally on fire