What are Tacos like in your country?

We are pretty far away from M*xico here on the East Coast, so we do what Americans do best and innovate. I make tacos with Mexican cheese blend, Turkey meat, and soft shell tortilla.

Attached: fiesta_tacos_800x800.jpg (800x800, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

okinawa-labo.com/okinawa-tacos-38102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>soft shell tortilla.

Hello Paco

I'm not Latinx. It's just that I hate the way the taco falls apart after biting into a hard shell taco.

i mostly make tacos with minced beef meat
chicken qorks fine aswell
cut steak is really good aswell but kind of a waste
for other stuff i use cheese, sour cream, ice salad, roasted carotes and paprika, jalapenos, tomatoes, onions and salsa "verde" (i usually just use red tomatos becasause fuck finding green ones)

>Mexican cheese blend
>Turkey meat
>soft shell tortilla.
CRINGE

Taco is a vague term. Tacos can be whatever combination of meat and veggies (pork, chicken, beef, lamb, ram, rabbit, fish, onions, lime, beans, chilies, avocados, cactus, etc) you put inside a tortilla (99% of the times a corn tortilla; different varieties of corn exist) or a flour tortilla (1% of the times, like the tacos called gringas). All tacos usually use different types of hot sauces, onions, lime and cilantro on top. However, there are “specific” recipes. The most popular taco recipes are:

>Al pastor
Made from pork loin seasoned with achiote (a type of plant) sauce (with some types of chilies), and cooked in a rotating spit, with a slice of pineapple on top. Influence of the Lebanese diaspora. (Gringas are these type of tacos, but in a flour tortilla and with “oaxaca” cheese)
>Barbacoa
Made from lamb meat, wrapped in palm/agave leaves, and steamed-cooked for over 8 hours in a stone oven dug in the ground until you have the softest meat you’ll ever taste. You can add lime or other juices to the steam process, but not usually
>Cochinita pibil
Made from shredded pork meat, seasoned with adobada (a specific type of red chilies preparation) and achiote (the plant), cooked in orange juice. It typically uses red onions, instead of the regular ones, and habanero sauce (the spiciest type of chili in Mexico, but this is optional)
>Carnitas
Made from pork meat cut into tiny pieces, and fried with butter in a frying pan
>Suadero
Made with flake steak, seasoned in lime juice, and then cooked in a frying pan
>Arrachera
A beef steak in a tortilla

And not as mainstream, but still common:

>Chicharron
Fried pork skin, with avocado, nopales (a type of cactus), and “pico de gallo” (chopped tomatoes, onions and green chilis)
>Mixiote
Ram or rabbit meat, seasoned with chilies, wrapped in a maguey plant (where tequila comes from) and steam-cooked

Other: árabes, asada, birria, basket, cecina, dorados, chilorio, fish, tongue, guts, nopal, avocado, salt, etc

Attached: 1528416514438.jpg (1500x1125, 946K)

>soft shell tortilla.

So... just a tortilla? Theres no such thing as a "soft Shell tortilla" all tortillas are fucking soft

>soft shell tortilla
What did he mean by this?

Taco bell is what popularized "mexican" food in the west. So most peoples initially introduction was their fried hard shelled crap and that's considered the default everywhere

In the south of Mexico people doesn't know how to make tortillas so they use flour and machines, tacos are mediocre at best, if you are a tourist in Chiapas, Oaxaca or Yucatan you haven't really taste real tacos

Why do mexicans hate industry? It's like they're romantically attached to their poverty.

Nigga everyone preffers home made artisanal shit, fuck off

based

because it's totally rad

barbacoa is a staple in south texas, made usually from cow head and/or tongue

Attached: barbacoa_and_big_red.jpg (1296x968, 501K)

Barbacoa is Also a bit of a broad term people in the central/south area Will defend that barbacoa is only the Hidalgo style made out of lamb wrapped in maguey slowcooked for 12 hours in a pit whereas in Jalisco we have barbacoa that has fuck all to do with that made out of boiled beef with chilllies and then fried over a griddle

texas barbacoa was traditionally cooked in a pit too, with mesquite. now it's usually made in a slow cooker.

fun fact: gringos actually thought northern Mexicans how to eat guacamole.

okinawa-labo.com/okinawa-tacos-38102

Attached: okinawa-tacos.jpg (640x426, 106K)

There are tons of Mexicans on the East Coast, you boomer. NYC, North Jersey, North Carolina, Georgia, etc. have huge Mexican populations and it's easy to find real Mexican food

Here in NYC, immigrants from Puebla and Oaxaca do make really good tacos. They typically use store bought ones foe the trucks, though.
Definitely no flour tortillas, all corn.
My favorite taco truck is this one in Brooklyn called Tacos El Chicken, the tacos are delicious and they have tortas too which I want to try.
Tinga and Carne Enchilada are my favorites

redpill me on the whole taco thing. Is it possible to cook it in bulk or something for proper meals? What is the best way? Or is it just a snack?

Tacos have to be fresh IMO.

tacos are a delivery mechanism... if they are recently cooked, the better. Yes it can be a snack or a meal. Is up to you.

Tacos are usually meals not snacks, Also theres breakfast tacos, brunch tacos, dinner tacos, hangover tacos, late night drunkness tacos, if it fits in a tortilla then theres a taco made of it

which part of Mexico does tacos the best?

Mexico City unironically because it has people from all over the country. Also, the birthplace of Al Pastor.

I have lived in Chihuahua, Jalisco, Yucatan, Veracruz, Chiapas, Puebla and Tabasco. I could say the best tacos are in Veracruz by far.. they seasoned their tacos with avocado leafs and epazote... they are fucking amazing. You can have steamed and "sofritos" tacos.
In Chihuahua they mostly cook burritos and their tacos are made from factory tortillas. In Yucatan, they don't sell tacos, but they sell mostly cochinita pibil tortas. In puebla their tacos are really bad too.

>tacos really bad in puebla
Interesting, here in New York like 90% of the Mexicans are from Puebla. Some from Oaxaca and Guerrero too.

I would say the tacos here on average range from good to great, usually not outstanding though.

Factory tortillas are common from the Puebla/DF run trucks/taquerias here in New York, I think that the average chubby construction worker guy that buys from there isn't too picky. And certainly not the non-Mexicans who don't know better.

bump

Look, many people hate me when I say this stuff. But it's like asking "where is the best pulque", obviously I would say Puebla, but not all Puebla. The best Pulque is made in Tepeaca, straight from the maguey. That's a simple truth, but everybody from Veracruz and Oaxaca hates me when I say that. So are tacos, the best tacos are in Veracruz, and probably Tabasco.
We all call New York, Puebla York. But they don't cook great. The Oaxacos are the ones who cook with spices and shit. Now, the best tacos are in Veracruz because they got mixed up with Oaxacos.

Is New York really that known by Mexicans? I thought you guys didn't really care about it unless you're from Puebla and have family here.
my favorite taco place is run by a guy from Oaxaca, that makes sense.

So there are a lot of Poblana descent girls in NYC, and honestly I think they're pretty cute. They tend to be a bit chubby, but rarely Shart in the Mart tier.
The other night I was talking to a slim CHI qt for like half an hour, I wanted her so bad. She told me something depressing though, that she's the only one of her friends who didn't get pregnant yet (she's only 21).

because in Puebla, getting pregnant at an early age is an acomplishment. If you are over 18 in Puebla and you are a female, you are "loosing the train" ( se te esta llendo el tren ). Which basically means you are 2nd hand type of women. And I'm not from Puebla but I know New York is filled with Poblanos. That's why we call it Puebla York. Maybe because they have the same weather. You should've fuck her. I can teach you a thing or two about Mexican women. They love dick as much as I love my tacos

I am going to fucking kill you OP

Yep, I'm pretty sure she told me that her parents (who adopted her, but they're also Poblanos) called her a whore for going out all the time and not having a kid. It opened my eyes. These kids parents are probably super uneducated and backwards, which is why they often don't do well in life. The other CHIs I met that night are also in their 20s and didn't seem to be doing anything with their lives, but I don't want to generalize a whole city's CHI population off of a handful of people that I met.
I don't know how much in common she would have with an actual Mexican, she lived in the US her whole life. But tell me anyway.

hold on... let me look at my wife because she is preganant and I'm drunk... just one sec.

>HAHA SO FUNNY I PUT CHEDDAR CHEESE AND LETTUCE ON A TACO HAHA

FUCK YOU OP

FUCK YOU

DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW FUCKING SHITTY LIFE IN THIS FUCKING SHITHOLE IS???

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH UGLY 4'10 SHORT BROWN SUBHUMAN MANLETS WHO HAVEN'T TAKEN A SHOWER IN DAYS???

DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS WHEN A PIECE OF SHIT DODGE TRUCK FROM 1992 BLASTS PAST YOU LISTENING TO SUBHUMAN CORRIDOS???

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD TO DEAL WITH A GROUP OF CHOLO GANGBANGERS???

THE """ONLY""" THING THAT BRINGS ME JOY IN THIS PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A LIFE IS A GOOD ORDER OF TACOS AL PASTOR, AND EVERYTIME I COME TO Jow Forums I HAVE TO DEAL WITH SOME AMERIGLOBO POSTING "LE EBIN HARD SHELL TACO BELL MEME"

I AM LITERALLY SEETHING WITH LIQUID RAGE

FUCK YOU OP

FUCK YOU Jow Forums

FUCK YOU

Attached: community_image_1420999227.jpg (579x616, 81K)

Puebla and NYC have the same weather? It gets below 0 celcius in the winter here.

so it does in Puebla
and you don't have proper heating.
well, Puebla is a different type of Mexicans...look. I fyou wanna fuck her invite her to an ultralounge, I don't know if you guys have those. Then, kiss her right there. They love drinking beer and want babies to come out of their vagina.

It's amazing how easy it is to trigger mexicans when you talk a shit about their food. You can talk about their crime infested shithole, their corrupt politicians, their shit infrastructure, but Mexican food, that's going too far

Thought ? Or taught ? Because the Aztecs ate it first according the the conquistadors reports

taught
sorry... I'm kind of drunk.
Yes, Aztecs ate it first... but northern Mexicans didn't know about it until gringos started consuming it.

aztecs are not northern mex

Really ? Well I guess that makes sense since the Mexicans in Texas got trapped when America took over
Thy aren’t necessarily Aztecs but a majority if not all Mexicans have indigenous blood in them. For some it’s a little bit for others it’s half and half

>Really ?
No, he is fucking dumb. Almost everything he has said thus far is bullshit.

Yeah I looked it up he’s lying, i think it’s that one Jow Forumstard who pretends to be Mexican

it's more complicated than that... northern Mexicans don't feel attached to Mexico, even tho they eat tortillas and beans. They think they are similar to you guys. But when you guys started eating guacamole and huevos rancheros, those mexicans also said they love that stuff when they never in their life tasted such things... is kind of sad.

not all indians had the same eating traditions

Tacos come from Norway so i use Surstromming

How is Puebla so cold? I thought Southern Mexico was mostly hot
I don't know what an ultralounge is. I met her in Bushwick, Brooklyn where there are a bunch of cool bars, though.
But I didn't even get her number, I met her kinda randomly through some guy that I just met the other day.
She is also picky about what kind of bar, it was annoying because we kept going to different places. It had to be playing just the right kind of ghetto rap music or whatever.
Despite not having much in common with her, I was able to hold a non forced conversation for a while, which is good practice at least.

>Northern Mexicans don't feel attached to Mexico
Their offspring in the US rep the Mexican flag very hard. I bet it's not uncommon for them to fly Mexican flags at their house and not American ones (Southwest anons can confirm or deny this)

Puebla has a higher elevation above sea level, that's why popocatepetl and ixtazihuatl are so cold. It even snows in those places even if it's in central mexico.
an ultralounge is like a cafe, but they sell beer and have trova.... you can call it a bar, but a bar makes women think she is a whore.... it's totally something different for teenagers.
>She is also picky about what kind of bar,
that's why i told you to take her to an ultra lounge... may be in the united states are called restaurants or something like, but is not a restaurant and it's not a cafe.... it's a place where you take girsl to a quite place where they serve beer and it's comfy for women... I don't know how to fucking explaoin a place that's not trashy, yet it is.

look, take her to a place where they sell beer and you can have a nice chat with her.
No, it's not sizzler.
Then you order for her, don't ask her what she wants. She would ask for a coke.
You just order 2 beers to start off... she won't say no because you ar epaying.
after she finish her beer, order another one.
After the 3rd beer, that's where you make your move.
Please order coronas or Bohemias to make her hornier.

yeah I don't think we have a direct equivalent of that. Maybe a bar and grill type place where it's still a bar, but has a lot of food too.
I definitely don't mind buying a chick a few beers while we catch a buzz.
I don't even see Bohemia over here. The Mexican beers that are really popular in this neighborhood are Tecate and Modelo. Corona is not uncommon but I see it much less than the other two I mentioned.

>yeah I don't think we have a direct equivalent of that. Maybe a bar and grill type place where it's still a bar, but has a lot of food too.

well,, worry about that later.. you need a quite place where you can have beer and nobody bothers you... may be a fine restaurant or something like that... the point is, you do not need to get distracted by anything.
>I don't even see Bohemia over here. The Mexican beers that are really popular in this neighborhood are Tecate and Modelo. Corona is not uncommon but I see it much less than the other two I mentioned.
look, you need """smooth""" alcohol to make her bend... You don't need these type of beers but something similar to make her hornier like a wine from Argentina which tastes sweet. Maybe order a Piña colada.. But before you get into cocktails, you need to taste them. If they make you drunk at the 3rd one, that's good. If they don't, order her something stronger like ... I don't know... something that makes her drunk at the third try. that's what I do. Invite my dates to a place where they sell coronas, and then I take them to the motel... or at least we are making out like dogs... kek