Flag?

Flag?
How would you kill a god?

Attached: 1566616054105.gif (641x607, 3.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EPlXgz8Dz0g
youtube.com/watch?v=0RtIsy9AHYE
youtu.be/KBNxxM6AuW8?t=273
youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M
youtube.com/watch?v=tfOyk9XXnQc
youtube.com/watch?v=gH8xzJcbgyo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy.

Attached: pandoras box.jpg (1024x576, 108K)

You kill his followers. How can a God be called a God if he has no worshipers?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
FOOL
STOP

I'd rope myself.

he is a god because he stole the heart of lorkhan, not because he has worshipers

flag
youtube.com/watch?v=EPlXgz8Dz0g

This is exactly why he, Vivec, Sotha-sil, and Almalexia are considered False-gods. Your point is moot as fuck, boy.

youtube.com/watch?v=0RtIsy9AHYE

I would never be so naive

in the game only his house considers him a god
and only because he was the head of his house

By wishing him out of existance

Attached: DzEqF8gWsAApX6T.jpg (400x300, 25K)

youtu.be/KBNxxM6AuW8?t=273
Local black man gets out of jail, jumps over a vulcano and kills a god.

azura talking over him was the perfect ending

what does azura's daedric pusy taste like?

So his Worshiper venerated him as a God, which made him Godly in the eyes of the layman. Remove the worshipers, remove the deity. Simple as.

That's not how it works in TES

he only wanted to raise the prestige of his house and create a second numidian powered by the heart of lorkhan, his house members being the priest of this new religion

only he refers himself as god because it is what he thinks you will do as nerevar reborn, destroy the heart of a god (lorhkan is god of the humans btw)

technically you can think of it as azura not wanting to resurrect a cult based on a fallen god that favored humans and sent her champion to kill his last remaining relic

stop believing

the graphic is cool though where's the guy from?

morrowind

youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

Attached: 1559255890864.jpg (540x540, 91K)

TES also has tangible Gods, the Tribunal and Dagoth Ur are simply mystics empowered by dwarven artefacts.

More like the Daedra removing pesky mortals from the realm of the truly divine.
>remove all n'wah
>except the humans lole

dagoth ur isn't a mortal since he is a chimer

daddy dagoth is dreaming in death about being alive and pumped up on god heart juices

with facts and logic

Attached: 1544936613702.jpg (480x416, 33K)

>destroy the heart of akulakhan
>the divine tools of kagrenac suddenly lose charge
>kill dagoth ur
>vivec just keeps doing skooma
>sotha-sil still "missing"
>almalexia has a mental fucking breakdown
>prophecy of the nerevar: fulfilled
>tribunal: shocked, rocked
>Empire rules

>

technically daedras are probably no different, they just don't want any more daedra ranks

>technically
>technically
Technically you should be able to back up all of these claims.

don't you try to dismiss the false dreamer with your memearrows

there is only one claim, they all hold some relic that powers them, and that their daedric powers are not fuelled by worshippers alone, but by acts of said worshippers using whatever relic in their name

stop asking for handouts and do your own thinking

there is literally no reason for azura to be so butthurt unless it jeopardize her own existence somehow

But the Daedric Princes can bestow their artifacts unto Mortals. If they "lose" these items they simply return once the betrothed die. Furthermore, the Princes do not lose their powers. This is true divine power. Destroy the Heart of Akulakhan, remove these Tools of Kagrenac from your false gods and what is left? Just another Dunmer.

these daedras have their own "hearts" and your pcs have the "tools" it's not far fetched

Your best argument is Talos and you don't even use him? Why?

he's not a daedra

they created the relics. they arent given power by them, but gave up a piece of their power to create them. big difference. in fact the daedra are originally the same thing as the aedra wich are the real gods.
the daedra simply didnt take part in creation and didnt sacrifice any power doing so. wich means they are more powerfull technically. but the aedra are bound to the world by creation while daedra have their own realms. wich means daedra usually interact indirect in mundus/ the world but still more than the aedra. its also why akatosh was able to whop merunes dagons as so easily as they were on mundus while doing so even though merunes dagon is techniqually stronger since he didnt sacrifice power in creation.

He's a bonafide Deity in Tamriel, tho.

well yes, he is a divine
daedras and divines are very separate things

You should read what the German posted. I'll concede that the Tribunal could very well have been on their way to legitimate Daedric status, but the fact of the matter is Azura, acting through the Nerevar, stopped them. For better or worse, Dagoth Ur and the Tribunal failed at becoming divine. And these actions were the systematic destruction of his worshipers and followers save for the Dreamers you could save outside of towns by KILLING HIS PRIESTS. So, the topic of the thread. How do you kill a God? Kill his followers. How can a God be called a God if he has no worshipers?

>How can a God be called a God if he has no worshipers?

by elder scrolls lore the definition is taking part in creation. its funny since aedra are weakened due to creation they dont interfere much. mythology around them in different cultures is wayyy more fuzzy. some deities dont appear in some cultures while others are mixed. meanwhile daedra are much more clear cut and uniform in their representation. since they actually act in the world a lot.
a god as in an aedra is therefore much more likely to be forgotten than a daedra.
a real god cant be killed. like lorkhan aka shor, his heart never stopped beating and its likely that talos as god of man is an aspect of him.

So would the destruction of Tamriel effectively kill the Aedra?

his priests are just members of his fallen house, they are mindless slaves

his "worshippers" are not his weakness, he wasn't wanting for an insurrection or rebel priests, he was waiting for his old friend, the nerevar prophecy etc

Sure fucking seemed like killing off the 6th house weakened his grip on Morrowind. Sure fucking SEEMED like removing his priests were actions sanctioned by Azura and effectively severed his ties to the people of Morrowind. Sure fucking seemed like it, anyway.

Sure seemed like by the end of the game Dagoth Ur was just running his mouth off to fend of the inevitable. Sure seemed like it anyway.

regardless of how you feel about it it's not what happened

I think you may have 100 in Delusion skill.

youtube.com/watch?v=tfOyk9XXnQc

maybe. or maybe it would free them. according to the elves the aedra were tricked by lorkhan, he didnt tell them creation would weaken them and bind them to the world wich is why they killed him and auriel/aktatosh shot his heart away on an arrow as it would not stop beating.
the elves claim that thats how they became mortal basically claiming they were minor gods before if I remember correctly. its why the thalmor plan to undo creation. and why the banned talos worship. as god of men, wich are creatures of lorkhan, they want to weaken him. the elves think creation was a mistake while man thinks of it as a gift.

AHEM
FUCK VIVEC

This nigga actually read the fucking books. Hot damn.

Attached: ByAzura.jpg (500x746, 107K)

>would the destruction of Tamriel effectively kill the Aedra?
You obviously mean Nirn, not Tamriel, since Tamriel is only a continent. The answer is yes, but no.

Nirn was destroyed multiple times in the past. Whenever Nirn gets destroyed, it gets reset back at the Convention where gods forge it and history starts anew.

nah just watched a shit ton of lore videos on youtube. once you start one they keep getting recommended and I am a sucker for lore in any setting that I like.

>Whenever Nirn gets destroyed, it gets reset back at the Convention where gods forge it and history starts anew.
This is actually news to me. I was under the impression and entirely new world is created, not just retconned like in the Matrix.

I see. Unfortunate.

Wanting to destroy Mundus is not the same as Nirn being broken and resetting itself. Even if we take MK's out of game ramblings as canon, the point of killing all men and removing Talos from the mythic is to break the Convention to which the world resets itself at the end. So technically they're not even trying to end Nirn, but the idea of Mundus itself.

He probably does, but what he's saying is a well known theory made by an ex writer out of the game.

I have an announcement to make
youtube.com/watch?v=gH8xzJcbgyo

>lore videos on youtube
All of them cringe and made by youtubers who are being fed lore by wikis and people who know much more than them. The format of a youtube video sucks and presents a whitewashed version of events when the whole TES lore is predicated on finding the truth in between multiple sources as it almost never gets stated.
Good job tho.

based N'wah genocide best day of my life

I did read a lot of the ingame books though just not the extended lore outside of youtube videos and some wikis.

regardless of details we can both agree that elves are enemy of creation itself and should be slaughtered brutally and without mercy can we not?

>entirely new world is created
That's semantics. The gods stay the same, only get to redo their lives in a different timeline. Morrowind, for example, eludes that Dreugh were the dominant species in a previous kalpa. But that kalpa also had Akatosh and Namira and everyone but (*maybe not*) Talos (which is a possible explanation how Thalmor are grasping at straws, trying to say Talos ain't a god).

World is obviously not replaced as it is because multiple characters hopped from one kalpa to the next, but the world starts with same basic parameters every time at the same place. it's like every creation is another echo of the same thing that happened at the Convention.

This was already settled when Pelinal did his gig.

However, notice that Altmer didn't have anything nice to say about Ayleids and hated them to the point of not giving any aid when humans were dabbing on them.

ahh yes pelinal was an absolute chad.
the altmer still deserve it. remember they aka the thalmor are now the ones working to undo creation permanently.

Yeah I was under the impression that an entirely new thing is created with new actors.

It's a pretty dubious death cult that Thalmor got going on there. Bethesda will never go that route, so better look at it from the perspective of a crazy group taking over during the time of degeneracy that's blamed on foreigners. Thalmor will get what's coming to them, I'm sure of it. Probably in a backstory between games lel

Completely, no.
Partially you could argue for it, but it'd be an uphill battle.

Probably just misread something.