Drugs in USA

Hello. I seek answer to the following questions:

>Why are Americans so high on narcotics compared to Europe?
>Which was first: Americans high demand for narcotics or Mexico's and South Americas high supply for them?
>How did it all begun? With hippies?

Attached: addicts.jpg (480x360, 35K)

Neither, it's all big pharmas fault

Tell me more.

American population were European immigrants who went looking for better lives, so they are high risk takers, this likely an inheritable factor.

Don't forget fentanyl from China. Drug problem predates hippies though, goes back to the 19th century all the way. Morphine addiction used to be called the "soldier's disease" because its prevalence after the civil war.
First drugs laws came around WW 1, before that you just had to sign a poison register when buying it. Then women got the vote and even alcohol became illegal for 12 years.

The heroin epidemic can literally all be traced to one corporation that did a tonne of things to push opioid pain medication on people.

That's not drugs, that's just how the average woman here ages.

Also before the invention of aspirin in 1893, opium and derivatives was practically the only common pain killer. Its dangers were well known but for lack of better things its use was pretty prevalent.

true, oxycodone. The commercials even claimed its addiction potential was negligible. All this based on one letter to the editor in a scientific journal with unsubstantiated claims.

Pharmaceutical companies have always been pushing drugs on the population, before it was banned, nearly all of our over the counter drugs had meth or cocaine.
After being banned we got our fix from the Latams for a while, then that fizzled out when a concerted effort reemerged to push opioid drugs on the population, once we were hooked they raised the price 20 fold. Causing people hooked to go bankrupt on having to pay for the "medicine" they thought they needed since big pharma gives most people an incredibly long prescription for it, it isn't uncommon to see prescriptions last up to 6 months for just a simple sprained ankle for example

The Colonies were settled by convicts and other refuse from Europe, the lowest of the low.

It’s no wonder their descendants are equally degenerate.

You're thinking of Australia, the USA was always picky with who got in, why do you think so many southern Europeans went to Argentina and Brazil?

New Sweden was largely a penal colony, and in the 19th century most emigrants to the US were criminals and poor people.

no you fucking werent. why do you think all the crazy reject cults ended up migrating to the usa?
like the amish for example, they speak a dialect of german and originally came from germany. but do we have amish? no we dont.
maybe the usa didnt take as many criminals as australia percentage wise, but you sure did take in a much higher percentage of crazies.

Amish? You mean the people who came before we got our independence? The UK accepted your trash, we threw them on reservations after we took all their land

>>Which was first: Americans high demand for narcotics or Mexico's and South Americas high supply for them?
Demand creates supply thats how the market works

>>How did it all begun? With hippies?
Korean war vets returning home demanding more of dat sweet sweet heroin Mexicans where planting in Sinaloa (under contracts of the US goverment to supply troops with wartime medicines)

amish are far from the only people I am talking about. the usa is full of crazy evangelicals, mormons ands all kinds of shit.

mexico poisoned them

>Why are Americans so high on narcotics compared to Europe?
Because many of us live absolutely miserable lives, for quite a wide variety of reasons, and drugs are really comfy.

lack of healthcare and welfare. no system to catch them if they stumble a little means even a little misstep or someone putting an obstacle in your otherwise straight course and you end up tumbling down the rabbithole and people around you just point and laugh while you fall. thats from someone who has seen the heroin scene here in the 90s/early2000 and it was bad, you had to step over them to get to the bus, used needles where everywhere i found them in my pickup bed once it was just parked outside my apartment (they where shooting heroin 1m from my bedroom window in a regular suburb?) a suprisingly many of them made it through it thanks to a system that atleast try, it might not work as wanted but someone does an honest attempt to catch thoose who are falling. and not to mention strict rules on describing addictive drugs.

Most emigrants were the sons and daughters of the less well off. There was no use for them, Eldest son would get the farm or family business, other might get a trade or job, but the youngest had nothing. So they’d emigrate

I'd normally be sceptical, but a guy from my secondary school went to study in america, and a mutual friend told me that when he had to do some dental procedure, they shot him up so hard he had to stop on the side of the road until his high wore out

it seems really fucking weird. they didnt even put me under or shoot me full of painkillers when removing my wisdom teeth here. they just gave me a few injections in my mouth so I couldnt feel my jaw. concious through the whole thing. only given a few standard pain killer pills like ibuprofen for when I regained feeling.

Yeah, it's the same here.

its a really fucking weird feeling because you still feel shit being cut, broken apart and pulled etc. indirectly from the vibrations. I mean you could bite down so hard you shatter your teeth if you wanted.

Yeah, you feel everything normally, except for pain.

what i don't get here is why are the doctors fine with prescribing tons of opioids.
don't they learn in med school that this substance class is enormously dangerous ?

no to drug