How is French more relevant than Portuguese when there are more first language Portuguese speakers than French speakers?

How is French more relevant than Portuguese when there are more first language Portuguese speakers than French speakers?

Attached: 64CC3CC4-228C-4956-AE7C-8193B69A102E.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Because of France

But Brazil is more relevant

Not in the same global scale
Europe > SA

because only subhumans speak portuguese.

>france
>relevant

If you are not Germany or Britain, you are an irrelevant European country, i'm sorry.

who are you even LMAO

>first language speakers
half of africa speak french and yeah, not that relevant, but neither is brazil

>half of africa speak french

Not as a first language though

Because you couldn't name 10 portuguese speaking authors.
Hardly 10 portuguese speaking great men.

Because Portuguese speakers are less relevant than French speakers

Because France has much more cultural and geopolitical significance than Portugal or Brazil.

Kill yourself subhuman

Are Spanish and Russian good choices?

>Portuguese
>Brazil flag

Attached: 1563908557249.png (1380x876, 83K)

France didn't create another big country that speaks its language though.

English = 379 million native speakers
Chinese = 1.3 billion native speakers
Spanish = 460 million native speakers

Which one of these is the most relevant?
I hope you possess the deductive reasoning skills to answer your question about French with this information.

>what is Swahili

I feel like the Romance languages have a high mutual intelligibility rate. Is that true? Someone told me if you learn one, the others are easy. Except Romanian

>spanish
>mexican flag

Attached: 1564735748145.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

Same thing. The point is basically that the number of first language speakers doesn't mean crap.

The French are more culturally relevant internationally than the Portuguese/Brazilians.

Not really. France is a global centre of culture. Brazil has little relevance on this context.

I speak perfect Spanish and can't understand Italian or Portuguese for shit. French might as well be Chinese

I agree

Who are great French speakers outside of France? Mgumbo? Ali Muhammad Aladdin?

Vive le Quebec libre

It takes a special kind of retard to learn Portuguese as a second language, it's just a travesty version of Spanish and you can talk to native Portuguese speakers with Spanish just fine. Portugal was a mistake and so was their subhuman dialect of Spanish.

With french you can talk to rich and culturally significant France and Canada, along with hordes of Africans if that's your thing. With Portuguese you can talk to Portugal and hordes of Afro-Brazilians.

>you can talk to native Portuguese speakers with Spanish just fine.

I tried that with my Chicano Spanish and it didn't work

>Afro-Brazilian
Like Afro-Angolan or Afro-Mozambican.

Attached: 1508130196874.png (620x581, 16K)

boomers usually know more french than english here. english is somewhat recent nigga, I highly doubt in the 80s people knew more english than french.
plus, intellectual production. poetry, philosophy, bitches also love it and it still is a proeminent language in worldwide diplomacy