DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2244

DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for 人々 interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/librarymain.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1553805148555.png (876x588, 533K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LZKJ5Z_6Fzc
youtube.com/watch?v=YBzLSBdjeZE
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
posemaniacs.com/
tofugu.com/japanese/learn-hiragana/
youtube.com/watch?v=NgGLFozNM2o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8v0R456Vq8
youtube.com/watch?v=v53mhRXXT2g
youtube.com/watch?v=lTHCwU9rUdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

歌わい?

>歌わい
explain

いい言葉だと思います!

歌付けよ

youtube.com/watch?v=LZKJ5Z_6Fzc
どうぞ

ペンタブは相当なお値段がしますが、一度ペンとかに慣れてからペンタブに移ろうとすると相当の練習が必要になると思います。
今はイラストはネットで発表する時代なんだし、最初からペンタブで描き始めるのがいいのかな、と思いますがまあ描く人の好き好きですね。
わたしは今日はお好み焼きを食べます。
皆さんは今日何を召し上がりましたか。

Attached: deki_73.png (1138x1612, 779K)

そうですか?
アメリカ人の考え方はそういう大幅なイベントは経済を改善する効果があるんですけど

他にも運営の方法とかにいろんな批判があるんですけど、まあそれについてはjp threadで聞いてみた方がいいかもねー?

I ate Cup Noodles
Frugal brings victory!

ま、確かに選ばれたエンブレムはダサすぎという批判もありますね

Attached: img_0_m.jpg (450x361, 26K)

Hello guys. How should I allocate my time per day to study without getting overwhelmed?

Spend 20 minutes a day doing Anki, 1 hour masturbating to comic books, and 6 hours arguing about English grammar in this thread

you shouldn't go below an hour a day on average if you ever want to get anywhere

This

悪循環だね

珍宝

I'll try my best. Not sure if I can do it every day. University senior year quite swamped me with shitload of work now.

Attached: images - 2019-06-20T141140.607.jpg (300x300, 15K)

the mascots are way too lame as well.

Attached: nt_180722mascot01.jpg (590x387, 50K)

マジレス
Just keep doing it. If you aren't a neet and don't study every day your progress might be slow, but as long as you don't quit completely you'll get somewhere

ソメイティはどのように不自由なのかな
知的に?

There are Chinese restaurants "珍宝"or"珍香苑"or"珍満"or"萬興" in the area where I live.

>lame
多分、その人は"ショボい"という意味で使ったんだと思うんですが、"lame"にはそういうニュアンスってないんですか?”pathetic"のほうが良いんでしょうか?
でも、lameって確かcrippledと一緒で、あんまり使っちゃいけない言葉なんですよね?

youtube.com/watch?v=YBzLSBdjeZE
ペンタブ買います
線でも難しすぎる

Attached: 3339ae009b937682180efd67868faaf3.png (705x362, 44K)

>pic
悪くない
>動画
絵がいい

>尻尾
My composition training:
Browsing the internet I just found a story called Tamamizu Monogatari (玉水物語), a tale of a male fox who wanted to f**k a noble girl so enthusiastically that it changed its body into a girl and married the girl eventually.

Today, it is not so uncommon to have desires like "I want to f**k a fluffy fox girl," "I want to become a fluffy fox girl," "I want to watch a fox girl f**king another fox girl," or "I want to become a fox girl and f**k another fox girl who is actually a male." Having such desires is often said to be "today's" pathetic faggotary and I also felt as such, but considering Tamamizu Monogatari was written in Muromachi era by a retarded anonymous author, I'm changing my mind.

現代lameは元のcrippledという意味であまり使われてないし、ダサいという意味で使っても差別用語だと思われていませんよ。アメリカの社会は差別のことにそんなに敏感になったのになんか不思議ですね

How can there even be a debate on whether or not to learn stroke orders and handwriting? How the fuck is one able to learn Japanese (or any other language) without ever picking up a pen, lmao

なら、"lame mascots"という言い回しは必ずしも不自然なものじゃないんですね?
>*こんなに敏感に
”そんなに” here sounds like "as you said". Since (excessive) sensitivity to discriminatory terms in US is commonly known fact and you are even one of the citizens, "こんなに(as we can see/as I'm showing it)" is suitable here.

One of my coworker is a N1 holder and we have no difficulty in conversation(in the business. He even knows sufficient amount of technical terms!), and he confessed that even though he knows about 1500 kanjis, he is quite unsure if he could write down most of them(However, I feel he could do it for a couple of hundreds of them).

2 hrs reading eroge/LNs with a mouseover dictionary, 2 hrs. looking at posts on Jow Forums's djt, 7 hours looking at /jp/'s djt, 1 hour watching random vids on Youtube, 30 min wanking to h-manga (pref with loli), 20 min. reading the news in Nihongo, 47 min. arguing with strangers about the superiority of compelling input over everything else.

Writing is a meme

>"こんなに(as we can see/as I'm showing it)" is suitable here.

ありがとう、実はどっちが正しいかちょっと迷っていて、こんなにから書き直してしまいました>_<

lame mascotsはとても自然な言い回しですよ。質問を読む前に、lameは不自由のことと関係があるとは気づかなったほど自然です

>itazuraneko.neocities.org/
>djtguide.neocities.org/

Are these different in any way? They look the same pretty much ?

One is autistic

I like the layout of the first one better

studying this language at all is autistic

You're autistic

絵を本格的に練習するならおすすめのサイトがある
いろんなポーズがあるから、模写することで絵の練習になってかなり役立つ
posemaniacs.com/

Attached: 12723.jpg (1440x810, 200K)

test

ys8 is very nice, thanks japan

Attached: DvghAmgW0AEvBrp.jpg (680x544, 40K)

役立たずっぽいと思うんですけど!

ですけど!

デスケド!

体や手、脚なんかを描くとき役立つ
アニメキャラを描くとき、顔だけしか描かないのなら別だけどね

Attached: 1434792967573.png (773x545, 278K)

大人のなま体だから大人の絵だけに参考できるんじゃないかい!

Attached: graham-2-620x350-c.png (620x350, 234K)

yeah that would be useful

Is Kansai University good? I have the opportunity to study there, as Economics undergrad, for half a year (in 2022). i know living in japan would really boost my language, and be great fun, but I am not sure if it is a good uni or not, as I would be doing it instead of a 6 month work placement in the UK.

I go to Loughborough uni right now, it’s no oxford or Cambridge but still pretty good.

Sorry I was not so sure where else to post this. But it’s very relevant to Japanese language learning after all. So yea, is it a good uni? Thank you

Any good apps for the kanas? Trying duolingo but it seems shitty for a few reasons. No mnemonics (which is big) and sometimes it'll randomly ask you to define a word it's never shown you before and somehow you're supposed to know without looking it up.

Don't know, never been

for the kana tofugu is fantastic
tofugu.com/japanese/learn-hiragana/
I learned both hiragana and katakana in a couple days tops and never forgot them since

No idea, but does it matter?
The fact that you've been studying abroad will look much better on a resume than what "eh the uni he has been on is kinda meh" will put it down.

>Economics
Just read Sowell's Basic Economics and Das Kapital lmao.
btw if you wanna learn nihongo, you either gotta do it from the comfort of your home, or you'll be unable to do it.
To remember them kanas you gotta have a pencil and a notebook. Copy them all down once. Then copy a few random Japanese words you might've learnt through anime (さくら, アイス, まめ, ペンギン) and see if you can read them after a few days. Keep this routine of writing different stuff in kana down for a few days till you can easily associate words with their transcription in kana.

それより俺はいいもん持ってるで

Attached: ccd40ab015915be817920d82829951e8.png (1920x1040, 458K)

What are you asking about Kansai University?
However, there are few things I know.
It is a corner of the four major premier private universities in the Kansai region.

was asking mainly if it is good quality teaching, worth going to study at, prestigious (as you are saying), fun, etc... or if it is not so good e.g. if it has bad facilities, no student life and so on. Do you know much about these things ? Thank you

As said though, the above things are not *so* important but I’d like to know if I can.

Kansai University is one of Kansai's premier private universities.
Ritsumeikan University is probably the best place to accept foreigners in Kansai.
But Kansai University is probably not inferior.
I have heard that Senriyama Campus is a wonderful campus.

But if you want to learn economics, you will probably despair.
The economics department of a private university in Japan is not a place to learn.
What is there to do?
It is a place to play.
If you have the purpose of learning Japanese, you can meet friendly students.
You may get pleasant memories, but your economics will not make any progress.

Thank you for your help!

>The economics department of a private university in Japan is not a place to learn.
>What is there to do?
>It is a place to play.
What do you mean? the professors don’t teach much, or student work ethic is low?

I would rather be around good professors and lazy(but fun) students, than be around lazy professors and good students.

>What do you mean? the professors don’t teach much, or student work ethic is low?

There are few students seriously learning!
And most professors are poor at teaching.
But the professors are never lazy.
If you want to learn seriously, talk to your professor, a lot.
Professors are disappointed by students who are not willing to learn.

If you show them motivation, the professors will surely be happy and give you lots of advice.

すみません申し訳ないです大変失礼いたしました

大変すごい

Japanese students struggle to enter a high-level university.
They study a lot.
However, they will not study much after entering university.
Because students can graduate easily.
They hung out eagerly for 4 years.
This trend is very prominent in the Faculty of Economics.

>in german Schwanz (tail) is colloquial for dick/cock
Same in French ("Queue").
Except it's even funnier because when you stand in line for something, you are "doing the/a tail" ("Faire la queue").

Better than what the Bongs tossed together.
>What should we celebrate with our mascot design?
>I KNOW! OUR CCTV CAMERAS!

We should have celebrated our military victories instead

The salt would've been fantastic.

Attached: Webley.jpg (999x649, 52K)

Why is the special olympics mascot the female one

This time /fr/ seems to use good pictures.
It is a good fatty.

Ah, I see what you mean. Thank you for the advice.

Maybe 6 months of less studying than normal is okay, as ‘payment’ for being able to go to Japan and improve my language skills, while exploring the beautiful country...

Maybe it will still look good on CV, even if employers don’t realise I didn’t do as much work while on the 6 month trip though I will work as hard as I can anyways.

Tokyo is a place that suffocates people.
Kansai is a good place to expand your perspective.
There are also a few serious students.
I hope your study abroad will be fruitful.
God bless you.

>Tokyo is a place that suffocates people.
youtube.com/watch?v=NgGLFozNM2o

in the sense that you can read english but cannot write english.
think of poor handwriting

CHINO CHAN

Attached: 1566789873963.jpg (685x564, 52K)

zu heiss

>These drawing tablet prices

Attached: deathgrips4.gif (377x289, 3.59M)

>and you have to pick one “at least” 30cm in diagonal.

how much money do you have to pay for a drawing tablet?

Attached: hatena_akarin.png (756x715, 889K)

それで多分もっと大きい方がもっと自由に描ける

無理だ
I can get a small one without making my wallet cry but medium+ or the ones with screens would cost me a few paychecks, most expensive one, I would need to work for a year to afford it.

>I would need to work for a year to afford it.
Damn, Polish wages must suck

ちのちゃんを描く

Attached: 0348f4a18a.jpg (600x700, 47K)

How long does it take to get to the point where you remember kanas without looking for mnemonics? I think I'm almost getting there with like 50% of hiragana after about a day's work.

Not even the Picasso?

What do you do when you need to use image scanner? We know it’s a peculiar thing that almost all convenience stores here are equipped with that..
First 4 or 5 years of life, maybe.

>First 4 or 5 years of life, maybe.
This may or may not come as a shock to you, but a lot of families in North America don't teach their kids stuff like the alphabet, counting, basic math, etc. They fully expect schools to do that for them.
By the time I started first grade, I was doing basic multiplication, so I basically sat there wasting my time while they caught up.

Don’t you have sets, ie the smart kids get their own classes with harder stuff (but not advancing ahead a year, just like finding 9x14 instead of 3x5)?

LCD pen tablets are expensive.
But Pen tablets are probably priced at 2-3000 yen for cheap used ones.

No, the only metric by which they sorted people was "date of manufacture".
Everybody just had to buckle down and go at the speed of the slowest.
As you might expect, that just made it grind slower and slower every year, as they decided the girl who couldn't do addition to fractions was a perfect fit for a class trying to learn trig. It was a fucking nightmare. I've seen entirely too many teachers break down in tears.
Hell, I've seen teachers tell parents to slow their kids down because they made the stupid kids feel stupid.

>but a lot of families in North America don't teach their kids
But, what about TV?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8v0R456Vq8

Attached: 69B573C9-5777-44A3-B198-ADD7107DC1FB.jpg (554x554, 36K)

They made edutainment shows, yeah, but most shows made to really appeal to kids were just about making money selling toys.
youtube.com/watch?v=v53mhRXXT2g

Attached: 392744_animated-cartoon-muppets-kermit-kermit-the-frog.gif (599x595, 158K)

Also I think the kana come naturally now to me after about 10 days of regular practices (ie half an hour to an hour a day of kana grinding on djt website.

シ、ツ、ソ、ン are ironically not even the most challenging part, I am just getting mixed up on some diacritics like ‘jya’ instead of ja for じゃ when I read quickly.

And yep, that sounds like a thoroughly shit system indeed.

I never drew on paper other than 2 pictures years ago lmao. I do have a scanner though.

I kinda like the dakuten/handakuten stuff, but yeah I find myself stumbling when reading digraphs a lot.

Yea diacritics was the wrong word I meant digraphs, oops.

Once I am at an advanced level I’d be interested in the roots of each symbol, eg where did that loop come from that links some of the n- hiragana together like ぬ、な、ね?

>tfw kana all just look like sounds to me
yea i'm the coolest deal w/ it

>advanced level
lol
They're from kanji you tard

Attached: kana.png (2310x1394, 1.05M)

I think a lot of that just comes down to innate pattern recognition. This language feels like it's a very deep rabbit hole, especially when you get into kanji.
JFC you're dumb. I pity your parents.

So draw the third one and post it.
>I am not sure which with/without screen is better. Some people say you’d eventually get accustomed to drawing while looking at PC screen, not your hand.

You'll literally never catch up to me, how do you feel about that?

qNo shit I know they are from kanji. The entire writing system is based on Chinese writing and morphed over the centuries. Hence, once I have the time and willpower to learn about it (at the moment I am still learning particles and basic grammar) I will see for myself. But I don’t really care for that right now because it serves no purpose vs how to say ‘the apple is red’ or ‘Poland is smelly’

youtube.com/watch?v=lTHCwU9rUdY