"Dropping two nuclear bombs on civilian population centres on an enemy that was about to surrender...

>"Dropping two nuclear bombs on civilian population centres on an enemy that was about to surrender? Totally justified bro, it saved countless lives and helped end a war that was already over."
>"WHAAAAT NOOOOOO YOU CANT JUST FLY TWO PLANES INTO MY BUILDINGS I DINDU NUFFINS REEEE THIS IS AN UNPROVOKED ATTACK!!!"

Attached: IMG_8013.jpg (218x231, 7K)

lol your country joins every war we do. Imagine fighting for amerisharts fighting for israel

I'd have ignored their surrender and dropped more.

>about to surrender
lol

>t. Zhang

the war was over, Japan was finished

dude it was justified...i could've got hurt

Based and hongpilled

Doesn't mean they were about to surrender, they thought harder and harder the closer the americans got to the mainland, and the most honrable thing to do in japan at the time was to die in battle, they were going to fight until the bitter end

>about to surrender
proof?

And? Germany was done for by the end of operation Barbarossa but the war went for another 4 years old

They didnt even surrender after the first bomb what the fuck are you on about

They had to fight against both Soviets and Americans, no matter how heroic or courageous they would've been, they still would lose quickly

I don't blame americans for not wanting to shed more american blood for a war that was already supposed to be over, dropping the bombs was the smartest thing they could do

On the one hand, the bombs played at most a minor role in convincing the Cabinet to surrender. The loss of their last rational hope, Ivans preferring keeping Japan around as a neutral buffer state on their east, was dashed by the Soviet invasion of Manchuria, was more important. But on the other, fuck Japs

>Doesn't mean they were about to surrender
They literally tried. It just wasn't unconditional.

The only sticking point was the divinity of the emperor other than that they were about to surrender

Dumb Jew

they were already negotiating, this was about getting them to surrender unconditionally

that was just an experiment

>dropping the bombs was the smartest thing they could do
USSR had entered the war with Japan few hours earlier before Hiroshima was bombed, and already then it was clear that Japan wouldn't stand a month against two of the most powerful armies of the time. The whole Manchuria was overtaken by the Soviet troops in two weeks and the yanks were advancing on their front as well, not dropping the bombs would've barely increase any casualties on the Allies' side due to the blitzkrieg-like character of that final stage of War. Nukes didn't accelerate shit, they main purpose was to show off the entire world the might of the USA™. Especially so with Hiroshima, since the bomb was dropped at the city centre instead of its outskirts where all the factories and military bases had been located

*increased
*their main purpose

This is why I unironically feel nothing for Americans killed in terror attacks. In fact part of me thinks they deserve it.

It was in the best interest of the West to force Japan to surrender by any means before the Soviets carried out an invasion.

Japan offered terms of surrender once the USSR had Manchuria, the only issue was that Japanese condition of surrender was that the Emperor stand down, be arrested or potentially be executed, if either of these scenarios happened, then the Japanese would have fought on after occupation in the forms of a rebellion or guerrilla warfare, which the Americans saw as a greater threat than Operation Downfall.

The only option was a full unconditional surrender where the Americans kept the Emperor.