/smg/ - Stock Market General

Log cabin is best cabin edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw [Open] [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE [Open] [Open]

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 2F34BBC0-CD3B-42B4-9E03-BC8869AD2EF3.jpg (750x913, 401K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfJhMfOPWdE
reuters.com/article/us-coca-cola-jointventure-aurora-cannabi/coke-aurora-in-talks-to-make-cannabis-infused-drinks-bnn-bloomberg-idUSKCN1LX17K
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

all in on RICK
stripclubs run the world.

Thank you Coca-Cola

I'm about to be a very rich man

I'll never drink pepsi again.

NIO
yay or nay?

It's either going to crash and burn or take off towards the moon this week. Either way, there will be plenty of screaming.

I'm leaning towards crash and burn, simply because of the weekend tariff fud

Attached: 2000px-Rite_Aid.svg.png (2000x1728, 81K)

make consistent large investments in index funds over the course of many years and you will make it my friends

QQQ/SPY is God's Plan

HMNY is going to declare bankruptcy, but it'll be back with a vengeance. It's going to be one hell of a ride, just don't buy a ticket yet.

Weed bull trap today

Attached: 1531095801232.png (500x388, 103K)

what do you guys think today will look like?
gap down on open,bleed for first 2h then steady climb till close

Filter everyone who shills HMNY, they out themselves as a chinese shill, a redditor, or both by doing so.

Gap up then bleed to .03% red

Attached: 1531102298983.gif (440x300, 1001K)

tariffs will probably destroy all chance for NIO

im waiting for the day that trump announces its illegal to invest in chink scam companies who are held via offshore OTC holding companies. it is quite literally another attempt by the CCP to scam shekels out of westerners.

>shilling hmny by saying they're going to declare bankruptcy
I hope you short it after it restructures and gets relisted.

7 minutes...

Day trader here, who should I invest in for this week?

lisa su

NIO
PDD

youtube.com/watch?v=mfJhMfOPWdE

What fucking timezone do you live in?

plan fart 2 day
slightly bearish

Attached: SPY-9-17.png (1768x816, 123K)

can u do amd pls

I've been working on a spreadsheet which projects potential earnings from compounding dividend portfolios. Pic related is a very easy figure for most anons here to achieve with T.

Currently working on a way of accounting for price fluctuations and inflation

Attached: T-9.17.png (1830x1204, 267K)

Diwidends

Attached: nic.png (516x330, 137K)

what the hell is this
price at $33.51 for 30 years lmao
dividend staying at 1.70 for 30 years lmao
this really isnt realistic at all papi you need to add in 6-8% stock price increases annually, yield can stay the same likely IMO

is T a Dividend Aristocrat or King yet?

Thanks. That's why I posted. It's very much a work in progress. I don't think T is old enough to quality as king yet

this

also
starting to think im about to get BRUTALLLY fucked for my bond longs, but who knows

i would likely use whatever the SP500 has made over many decades as an average price gain annually

basically keep up with their mcap relative size to the rest of the market

tradingview also has them at 5.95% yield, not 5.07%, might be for next quarter

what is realistically a good return ytd? 10% like the s&p or something better? are any of you beating it?

FINALLY
The GOV reit drops
Fucking FINALLY

Attached: 1524535121103.png (990x990, 975K)

>robinhood now missing from /smg/ Orthogonal Post
Top cucks

Attached: 04a.jpg (500x650, 76K)

Your net worth grew 1.09% this week »

Your Holdings This Week »
You Index™ +2.40%
YTD +22.55%
S&P 500 +1.16%
YTD +8.65%
Your holdings rose 2.40% this week, outperforming the S&P 500. Your current holdings are up 22.55% if held since the beginning of the year.

I get an email from Personal Capital every day, this was my last one

If your only making SP500 during a hyper bull market your lagging way behind, you should be in a bunch of growth blue chippers and on pretty significant leverage

DUUUUDE WEEED LMAO
COKACOLA GONNA LIKE MAKE A WEED SODA LOL
THATS LIKE FAR OUT MAN

Ridiculous 17% gap up on Aurora Cannabis this morning. I don't know wtf that was about. It went up to 21% in the first few minutes before pulling back. I have no position in Aurora right now but that was odd. Maybe something to do with their Australis Capital deal this week?

Looks like green for sector today.

Attached: 1537099589286.jpg (600x641, 104K)

>WEED SODA
this sounds like it could be profitable desu

the only weed stock you should be buying right now.

Attached: Aurora Cannabis.png (883x949, 493K)

Should I buy 5k more of BABA? It has to turn around soon.

Ooooooooh i see the news now. That's why Aurora is being screwy.

CGC just lost its gap up and s now red for the day
looks like the absolute tail of the bull run desu

so you used leverage to get that return?

reuters.com/article/us-coca-cola-jointventure-aurora-cannabi/coke-aurora-in-talks-to-make-cannabis-infused-drinks-bnn-bloomberg-idUSKCN1LX17K

I hope user got in this morning when AMD went to 31.75

I'm sort of glad I kept bagholding on Aurora since I kept looking to sell it at a good profit to buy other weed stocks, never went up enough for my satisfaction.

too bad it has to be a shitty fucking soda
id drink it if it wasnt high fructose coke garbage desu

I own more than just SP500 index funds and also own some 2x leveraged ETFs, yes.

Being in Index Funds ONLY is for only the most passive and risk adverse investors, during bull or bear markets you shoudl also own significant amounts of all the blue chip companies you can. There are all sorts of articles about how being on 2x SP500 leverage is ideal for long term results, NDX the same thing. You have to have iron fucking hands to hold through 50% drawdowns but if your time horizon is 20+ years, who cares what your balance is at in year 12? If anything you shoudl be HAPPY for bear markets years before your retirement date, means you get to buy up stuff at huge discounts.

I'm 28, want to easily be doen by 50 most likely around age 40, and would LOVE a bear market anytime in the next 7~ years. Get to buy up a ton of QQQ/SSO/MSFT/AMZN/KO/etc at a 10-20% discount? Best possible scenario

RTI looking strong for a second attempt at breaking $1. Probably will bust through without issue as the KO thing will have the market all frenzied about extracts/cbd and so on. I'm pretty sure this is a 2x if it proper breaks out.

Attached: 1536221428087.gif (540x360, 1.36M)

AMD rising steady...

I got it for 31.13. Hoping to sell it off if it hits 40-60

WHAT DO ON BABA!

Should I add to my bags or just hold them?

Attached: pepeglasstrick.png (250x250, 57K)

who cares sugar is addictive and is going to make money.

I bought NIO for around 13 last week and it fell to 9. Unfortunately due to tariffs it might go even lower if not totally collapse. I’ll be upset if NIO doesn’t rise within the next two weeks or I blew some money

Trend right now is to jam CBD in to everything. Fucking eye drops and skin cream and beer. CBD tennis shoes. CBD hairspray. CBD guitar strings.

So dumb but i am happy to trade the hype.

ill save you two weeks of suffering
ya blew it

lets go netlist

Buy the Faang and FNGU dips

Attached: 1537167772351.png (1199x1200, 802K)

oh its just CBD then?
lame
call me when its infused w actual THC

also
>CBD guitar strings
cant tell if youre pulling my leg

Okay fuck yall I added 5k to my bags. Buffet rule bitches, ain't scared.

How many times is /smg/ going to fall for chink scams?

Attached: 1536908729128.jpg (541x498, 42K)

Attached: 3263-vault-boy-approves.gif (210x224, 497K)

every time
we get new heads in here daily now that crypto is toast
theyre most comfortable buying chink scams, so they naturally gravitate towards them

I got 7 shares of ACBFF , am I gonna make it bros?

>the chineses set my money pile on fire
>i gotta add more money to it or else it'll shrink too much!

cbd infused is gonna be a more popular product in coming years. all the "health benefits" without having to get all like stoned man omg.
the cbd creams, tinctures, beers, sodas, buttplugs are gonna appeal to the high end consumer market. plus cbd is the part of marijuana that has actuallly applicable medicinal uses like to siezure kids.
hemp derived cbd is kinda the future of the marijuana industry rly

>cant tell if youre pulling my leg

CBD coated headphones.

Attached: 1519359538917.png (570x495, 506K)

industrial hemp is whats gonna make the dudeweed profitable

the longer they keep dicking around w the luxury goods, the worse off they will be

It’s in the pastebin you massive faggot

>hemp derived cbd is kinda the future of the marijuana industry rly

Oh i know. I just think it's funny how the industry wants to put it in everything imaginable.

That is not the logic fool.

That's because there was no logic in your plan.

bonds have regained their first daily pivot support
if we see it pop past 118.59 for an extended period i may not be totally screwed (i hope). i honestly expected more action out of these due to tariffs. i suppose the full extent of the tariffs has yet to be revealed tho

NIO has fallen below 9 and still falling AHHHHHH

Attached: 49E99C60-8709-48D4-910C-E6F2BE0B2FE9.jpg (529x550, 54K)

Reee why do my stocks keep going down for 4 days in a row now . (Amzn, KTOS and sbmo) I wanna sell them but not with a loss

netlist is getting pumped i when the chinks will crash it

>ATVI dropping

Why the fuck is everyone selling? BLOPs 4 is gonna be the biggest call of duty, especially since people are raving about the battle royale mode

Attached: 1536867622689.jpg (500x400, 99K)

buffett doesnt buy chinkshit tho

Buy TQQQ

Attached: 1535835523323.jpg (620x456, 102K)

it is pretty hilarious
the effective dose is like 400-600 milligrams orally
so they put like 100 milligrams into a bottle of shampoo and people eat that shit up.
but nobody ever accused the general public of being rational or informed.

Buy some more

>DF
reverse already

Attached: 1534915917428.png (462x422, 140K)

i don't think i'm gonna buy anything until the next correction. i loaded up on this last one and will just save cash until then

It's going to bleed until about $7

have fun waiting around for 2 years

Alright, I used historical dating on SPX in its first 10 years, is this a decent projection of price fluctuations?

Attached: T in ten years.png (240x922, 43K)

sound good. get 50% gains and then buy a 15-20% dip with all the cash i've saved instead of buying every month on the way up

I am buying more to increase my position once it returns. This company is already a giant and there is almost no way this can end badly for me.

Attached: feelsiguess.jpg (252x255, 21K)

looks like your work is done here
see you in a few years

lol, you gonna get chink'd

Nobody plays call of duty anymore. Zoomers play fortnite, boomers play battlefield.

Attached: 1536023106140.jpg (474x830, 76K)

see you fren

I'm trying to get cash together because i have to many investments.

That seems like the best projection to you doesn't it? It does to me. I also wouldnt use exact historical data, a projection should be a smooth reasonable curve. I anticipate T has made about SP500 tier gains year over year? Use that % every year

don't listen to the haters. Your plan is flawless.

Attached: pupper.jpg (960x960, 171K)

You wont take us below 2900 bears

Attached: 1534393750729.png (1039x559, 261K)

Fuck I should have bought SNAP

Why? They are going to be a penny stock in a year unless someone buys them out.

Well it was SPX when it started which was RIGHT after a recession, I'm seeing how it pans out for the whole 30 year projection right now. I'll try your suggestion next when I get done

Even my friends are into the new battle royale mode and I'm a boomer who just started playing pubg.

I unironically think it will be a successful game.

Stock symbol?

its GOV

Attached: 1536966666377.jpg (400x400, 16K)

anyone ever used short term P&F charts for intraday trading?
it seems invaluable for identifying accumulation/distribution on the intraday level (as well as the macro level)

if you guys HAVE used it, whats your favorite intervals? right now im using 30min data, w the box size at 20ATR

Attached: P&F bonds.png (1600x866, 102K)