Do Americans really use these?

Do Americans really use these?

Attached: cheque365.info_scenic-america-scenic-personal-checks-–-1-box-–-singles.jpg (850x391, 69K)

What about it

In France it was used a lot too. But not so much by millennials

Yes, my grandmother writes me checks for my birthday and I use my phone to do a mobile deposit into my bank account.

yes, it's how you can give people money quickly

It's a boomer thing, zoomers use NFC

I've just seen them on american tv shows and movies. I'm 30 boomer btw

based retarded boomer

checks are an excellent way to transfer money, the thing itself is a receipt. shame the method is essentially dead.

Checks are so rare, now.

But in the USA they still like them a lot.

How can be done?

i still pay people with checks

take a picture of both sides and upload it to the bank

I paid my rent through college with checks (class of 2016)

I've only written a handful since then, mostly giving my generate family money when they needed $100 or so

I use checks to pay my rent every month.

Boomers do.

based retarded boomer

Never will happen here in Mexico. Checks are still demanded printed and only cashed in the bank (no email or pics allowed to cash them).

I have never seen a check in my entire life and I have worked in all kinds of retail positions.

People write checks for groceries here

Why? An electronic transfer its better.

An idiocy. Ban them.

I pay rent with cashier's checks from my bank which are essentially a zero-cost method of transferring more than a thousand dollars to someone else. Personal checks are completely obsolete and only used to scam elderly people out of their money. Apparently it's possible to deposit a personal check these days by taking a goddamn cellphone photo of it.

Its a pain in the ass to be in line behind an old woman writing a check for $20 of groceries.

>I pay rent with cashier's checks from my bank which are essentially a zero-cost method of transferring more than a thousand dollars to someone else.

Virtually all SEPA transfers are free here and rent is paid by recurring transfers per default here.

I have literally never seen anyone buy groceries with a check. The only uses I see are paying rent and sending money that the post office workers can't steal.

It's remarkably difficult to transfer money from a personal account at one bank to a personal account at another. I have credentials for both accounts and it's still more of a pain in the ass to do it electronically than to just get a bank check. It would be pretty nice if I could just transfer money from one account to another in my online banking.

I always wondered why Western Union got business with onerous service charges but apparently money transfers for a legitimate customer that isn't perpetrating fraud is really hard to do.

>Paying rent
Like you are sending a letter or something?

Yea people do that

Literally takes me two clicks on my bank's app to transfer money and enact recurring transfers between my 4 accounts at 3 different banks.

In the US it takes a few days

What shitty bank do you use?

I can transfer my money in the same bank and to other as well any bank worldwide from my computer or cellphone.

Lmao

USA is retarded.

Jesus.

Banks probably make so much on overdraft that's why they don't want to change

Like people still using copying card machine in a purchase.

Why is USA so retarded? Takes me 2-3 clicks to pay any bills on phone and can equally quickly transfer money using phone number to anyone, without having to wait for days regardless of bank.

Greed

Who do you think manages US infrastructure? Hello.

Paying bills online is trivial with any legitimate service that uses normal card processors. Sending money to someone else's bank account is a little more difficult because it's pretty easy to convince an elderly person to send a thousand dollars for an auto insurance or timeshare scam.

They actually use the money mid-transfer to gamble which is the actual reason.

Why not do it with etrans

No. I've only seen those in commercials