I've moved overseas and the student loans company can't find me

I've moved overseas and the student loans company can't find me.

I challenged them when they called me on my old UK number (I won't even have this soon enough).

They threatended action against me and said they are sending me forms to fill in.

I said "yes but to what address" and the guy on the end of the line (he was lovely bless him) was literally stammering and like "ermmm, you have to give us your address"

So I guess I'm going to default?

It is just an unsecure loan anyhow and I never plan on living in the shithole that is the UK ever again.

I was supposed to pay it back to the British government and it all used to be done automatically through taxes when I had my UK salary each month.

However in 2015 they decided to sell off all the student debt to the "Student Loans Company" never even heard of these fuckers before or knew any of this until they called me yesterday, haha!

They can get fucked.

Attached: index.png (151x77, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sfengland.slc.co.uk/
independent.co.uk/student/news/student-loans-sales-debt-private-companies-treasury-graduates-12bn-a7565716.html
bbc.co.uk/news/education-45421621
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cute blog post, brother. Where are you moving to?

Anyone else had the SLC try to chase them?

Europe. I like it here. It a left wing ass scummy place. Like me. I like it. I love the beer here too.

Yeah I did this and left the UK for 7 years ago without telling them. They will find you no matter what, they used to write it off after 6 years if they couldnt track you when it was government owned. After 5 years these fuckers become relentless.

Good luck! You're not going to be able to sleep user

I think they will be able to find you in Europe. Not sure how the laws will work in terms of getting the money from you after Brexit, though.

You're doing god's work, user.

I have heard some finance cranks like Max Keiser claiming that debt collection companies that bought up subprime debt post-2008 are now unable to prove that they are the owners of said debt, because it was all chopped up and sold in tranches and therefore impossible to ever "re-assemble" and demonstrate ownership of said debt.

Basically, if they send you letters to sign that is you re-signing up for a bunch of debt that you have probably been accidentally freed from, due to banking fuckery.

You fucked up bad. These companies employ some pretty dangerous people if you move overseas, as they no longer need to abide by British laws. When they find you (and they WILL find you), expect your door to be kicked down at 5am by armed psychopaths who will proceed to chop your fingers off until you agree to pay back the money you owe.

based and redpilled

I always suspected that foreign students did this. Not just with student loans, but uk loan companies as well. We got loads of letters with chink names on them from loan companies in a student house I lived in.

Can't say I wouldn't have done the same though. Theres fuck all they can do about it.

Lol dude, get real.

I'm also from the UK and i also plan on never paying my student loan back. I did a STEM degree from a top university and I found it fucking useless in terms of them actually providing any real oppurtunity outside of being a labrat.

I have my own business so pay myself, i've got an accountant and once i start making money i'm going to tell him to so everything they legallt can so that i never earn more than £25k.

I'm getting jewed hard enough by the government as it is but the uni can go fuck itself. I was present to a lot of the meeting of higher up people and they are a bunch of greedy morons.

If i ever make it I'll give money back to my shitty 6th form but the uni can fuck right off.

I thought UK college was free because the citizens there are all bootlicker commies

Yep. Did 1 year of uni first time. Then got a job and started paying loan back. Then I moved abroad for 3 years and had Swiss, Andorra and Spanish NiNo's in that time. Came back and never heard off them again despite earning way over the threshold now. I didn't change phones or address on my return.

That's only in Scotland Adolf

This was 2001 so I guess I'm clear now.

most important post in the thread

I get yearly letters from the SLC demanding I send them proof of my earnings else I "could be fined" because I'm obliged to keep them updated. If I ignore they send more semi threatening letters every month or two until I respond. Once I show them my zero balance bank statement they leave me alone again for another year. Fuck them. The extortionate tuition fees are scandalous, little less than a scam designed to trap graduates into a decade long debt. Especially with so many literally useless degrees. It was/is a huge bubble. I'm pretty sure it was the Student Loans Company back when I graduated in 2011 though.

>foreign students got get financial aid type things and fuck off with the money
Holy shit lmao tax payers are losers. Tax payers are ultimately the ones getting fucked again, right?

Yep. Few people are more cucked than the uk tax payer.

We also give aid money to India from our tax. Thats a country with its own fucking space program. We also gave millions in aid money to north Korea up until last year. The rest of the world is laughing at us.

It was Student Finance England I signed up to in 2012. Not the SLC haha, so they can fuck off. They sold my shit off without permission. I ain't signing fucking shit.

Interesting, do you have any more info or a link regarding the selling off of the student debt in 2015? I looked through a couple of forums just now and people seem to think they're both two parts of the same company. Plus:
sfengland.slc.co.uk/

Probably because you're faggits and clowns lmao
At some point I'll come over to try some of those ladyboys you guys are making.

>Interesting, do you have any more info or a link

What do you think they mean about "delivered by the Student Loans Company"? lol.

It says at the bottom of that link. Like some separate company has to do their shit for them.

Also here is another link which might be me getting mixed up: independent.co.uk/student/news/student-loans-sales-debt-private-companies-treasury-graduates-12bn-a7565716.html

Sounds like they are "about to" (although this was 2017).

But I know I signed up to SFE not SLC.

Weird that there doesnt seem to be any info available about this, but yeah it does seem like SFE is now a subsiduary of SLC. It would be nice if there was some clarity on this, though. As I would've got my loans from SFE too. Have you gotten any legal advice about this?

Nah, not yet! I can get 30 mins free though in this country. Just gonna pop out a bit. Gonna do a bit more research and find out WTF happened too.

SFE 2015 to 2019 here.
Read the following:

bbc.co.uk/news/education-45421621
>"
Under the current arrangements, money lent to students for tuition fees and living costs does not show up as a negative in the public finances.
Outstanding student loan debts are £118bn and rising - but when it comes to the public finances and the deficit, the cost of student loans is invisible.
The Office for Budget Responsibility has examined how much is lost in the loans system.

For the 2017-18 cohort of students, the OBR forecasts that only 39% will be repaid - and 61% will be written off, at a cost of £28bn.
"

61% of debt in this time frame will be wiped...