/smg/ - Stock Market General

I want this life edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw [Open] [Open] [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE [Open] [Open] [Open]

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 4A53ABCD-4B3A-4DB9-B872-CB98EA0D05BE.jpg (750x741, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2018/09/14/verizon-and-cradlepoint-announce-enterprise-5g-broadband-service/
newcannabisventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/The-Green-Regulatory-Arbitrage-Wenger-2018.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1537059965654.png (780x871, 426K)

bought a huge bag of the powder off the internet, was like a 10g packet.
did fuck all and tasted like ass.

then again, was doing over 15 30's a day when i kicked, tolerance was sky high to opiate like highs.

all in verizon for mid term hold. 5g is bad fucking ass, they just crossed the boundary of mobile phone company -> home internet ISP

god dammit Texas user I hate the outdoors

Hey Ted

>down 5% for the day
the losses are matching the already shitty day i was having before

Attached: OVca16q.png (569x568, 167K)

Filtered

Hello Rato. How are you?

Attached: 9FCC0667-45F8-4269-A7AB-15394D5A693E.jpg (640x853, 97K)

Buy USLV and REITs

nothing like railing oxys man. Makes pure MDMA feel like drinking water.

How did you know my follow up been meme??

Also buy GM

Attached: 1537060149117.jpg (600x670, 59K)

Beta

jfc, just got butterfly's in my stomach, fuck off! 3 years sober.

It will statistically get better, probably

Attached: b5d1139f1316cc75a0489c32e2306b31.jpg (666x800, 520K)

What would be best to invest in to cash in on the effects of global warming in the coming decades?

Cause I’m not a newfag that came from reddit after the election.

Attached: 1536907405564.jpg (500x860, 188K)

this kid is on way too much leverage if hes managed to lose 5% today

lmao never making it like that

Dividends

Attached: weed.gif (350x350, 938K)

can someone just fucking capitulate already and stop raping me with these fucking trade war uncertainty?

lol oh yea if you had an opiate tolerance the best thing its gonna be able to do is stave w/ds

Thinking of buying 100 shares of NIO when it goes below 8. What do you guys think? I’m hopeful but nervous about their future stock price especially with the talks of tariffs.

Used to use and sell percs. It was the best and worst time of my life. The week long w/d of opiates was hell like.

Attached: big5pasta.png (1007x677, 96K)

sorry for your loss fren

no

TSLA

Attached: 4018974C-F885-44AE-A2C8-92B1CDD3F65F.jpg (1000x750, 99K)

Who else bought TSLA at the $260 dip?

Attached: THEN-PERISH.png (1200x630, 909K)

$420 and taking it private.

The WU bart up completely failed

FINMA is investigating Credit Suisse for corruption
SELL SELL SELL

Attached: 1536784934798.png (560x675, 483K)

amateur. i bought at 340. learn to bag hold.

>tfw green day overall
based GALT coming through again

Attached: 1536524687871.gif (500x375, 437K)

unironically fucking sell everything rn
buy it back after the trade FUD gets realized

credit suisse isnt corrupt, theyre actually just that retarded

it's the same story for each bank, very risky sector to be invested in. us banks are doing better than euros still. euro banks are just playing time at this point, total chaos inside. record lay offs etc. deutsche as the biggest leading the way of destruction

euro rallies a bit as expected, but by no means look good long term.

spx just daily volatility tariffs etc. have no real impact at this point to dow and sp. looking good

Attached: Chloe_Grace_Moretz_Cannes_2014.jpg (567x800, 62K)

everything except GALT
buy GALT immediately before cancer data comes out

Attached: 1536084082456.gif (478x350, 84K)

whens that supposed to happen?

Do you remember when they are dumping their AMD?

I sold my GALT at 5.70, I'm waiting to get back in later today

How long until the fud ends.

I wager this goes on until at least wednesday

did they?

i heard more tariffs were coming out mon-wed so yea

She would have been so hot if she didn't animorph into a orangutan after she turned 18.

"by the end of summer"
meaning likely some time this week

fair
taking profits and getting back in later on in the day at a lower price can be smart, just don't miss out on the catalysts

Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?

this
that creatura is literally hideous

5g isn't up yet and won't be nation wide for like 4 years. Patience.

Sour or power?

circuit city

venturebeat.com/2018/09/14/verizon-and-cradlepoint-announce-enterprise-5g-broadband-service/

was demoed last week.

Buy the dip

Attached: 1533617495881.jpg (378x485, 40K)

sour obviously

tho given how its been going theyll pump for the close an then dump on everyones heads in AH

thats tomorrow

I think 5g is going to officially destroy Sprint for good. They're barely hanging on as is. My friend works for them and they cut commissions by 66% starting last week. They are obviously hurting.

dips not over yet, we want to buy when it's rising to capture momentum, and sell when it dips to secure our profits. (pic related) You can really hurt your self trying to catch a falling knife, don't even bother.

Attached: 1523537783970.png (952x430, 509K)

>cut commissions by 66% starting last week
wew
that seems excessive

I feel a sudden Bart Up coming on

>corrupt
>retarded
these are usually interchangable

OPK

Yay or nay?

Attached: 1419654542451.gif (250x375, 1.96M)

I heard 5G is gonna give the communist computer god access to brain thoughts broadcasting radio and eyesight television. Would you like to comment on that?

delete this

sprint is hard up. verizon kinda is too, just because overseas CDMA is fucking worthless. Verizon has a stronghold though on US and has been expanding to new shit on the reg.

5g is fucking as fast as fiber, without running fiber. huge business potential. for example we can't use any other AP's when traveling due to data theft. everyone has to have their own hotspot. sure other companies are the same.

I think we end game with ATT and Verizon sucking market from everyone else. Running a (good) network is expensive. Little guys getting sucked up and cant compete.

that’s fiber my dude

Yes by melting our brains it will facilitate an evacuation from this world of 3d directly to a new world of 5d. We'll skip right past the hellish 4d realm of bad angles and ugly tesseracts, this is hyperstition.

Attached: who imagines who.jpg (713x1079, 240K)

Can confirm. Also is high enough frequency that all will die within 40 years of exposure intentionally cutting human life span in half for the sake of the environment.

That was my thought too. Verizon and ATT take over the customers from Sprint and T-Mobile. Sprint and T-mobile at this point really only cover poor people and niggers, and even they are going to prepaid options.

anyone have any good books on the study of wyckoff accumulation/distribution patterns?

wanna combine this w my P&F charts to really make some money desu

>tfw KHC didnt increase their dividend this year
Fucking Nani
Literally WHAT

Attached: ah.jpg (900x780, 120K)

told my GF to buy some BUD today with her robinhood app, am I a good investor BF?

HAHAHAHAHA ELON IS FINISHED HAHA HAHA OH NO NO NO

Attached: Screenshot_20180917-115752.png (1080x1920, 214K)

How do dividends for ETFs work?
i recently bought into the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF and i'm not entirely sure how the dividends work
>t. newfag

Attached: 1517576558573.jpg (482x597, 37K)

no wonder theyve been in the shitter
big goys mustve known

you should've told her to buy LCI

I’m not even sure how comcast gets away with maintaining a literal monopoly over large swaths of the country where they’re the only ISP and everyone who uses them say “yeah we hate them but we have no choice” and they literally don’t allow you to use their internet unless you straight up drop your pants and let them shove 120 dollar a month cable TV connection and a 60 dollar a month landline firmly up your ass regardless of whether or not you want it. Gotta imagine people would be pretty excited to get away from that shit and just jump all over literally anything else that seemed halfway decent.

YEAH
BUT
They are backed by 3G and Buffet so why didnt they increase it It makes no sense

Attached: xmxm.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

No, he wants to keep his girlfriends not lose her like you did.

This stock doesn't care about reality. Remember, you aren't betting against a company when you short, you are better against longs opinion of the company. Don't get your hopes up; they are a cult. I expect it to trade above $200 for a full day after bankruptcy is declared.

Is Toyota a good stock :3
Theres a Supra coming
why doesnt Jow Forums hold Toyota?

Attached: 1528740083605.jpg (240x194, 10K)

>am I a good investor BF?
enjoy total loss

>he's going to be locked up.

Attached: 1537167136007.png (750x975, 873K)

Reminder her she will receive a Fat dividend literally 2% at once in november

Attached: 1536111156267.png (500x600, 214K)

>I expect it to trade above $200 for a full day after bankruptcy is declared.
i get the weird feeling that this is exactly what is happening rn desu

my thought too.
>Verizon said customers of the new service, Verizon 5G Home, "should expect typical network speeds around 300 Mbps and, depending on location, peak speeds of nearly 1 Gbps, with no data caps."

those speeds are insane, especially as they aren't targeting mobiles first. they want to be an in-home ISP giving people routers and shit to use it. Fiber is expensive to run, but cancer-radiation towers aren't so much. They should be able to compete very easy, especially in remote locations.

Kek, I knew it was only a matter of time before a boomer was drawn in.

>you are better against longs opinion of the company

that is not exactly true, stocks are not zero sum it can lose value with people not gaining. only futures market you match each trade

Attached: indiana_moretz.jpg (1502x1502, 340K)

nobody is forcing you to access the internet faggot

I know weed stocks are a meme but i hope you guys know of this coca cola thing turns out to be true aurora cannabis could double this week.

ACBFF to the moon.

Attached: ACBFF.png (1331x888, 703K)

it literally already doubled two weeks ago senpai
its not gonna

It's already mooned, anyone investing now is going to be FOMOing. Be cautious everyone.

>Sold Aurora for a $1000 profit to buy more Aphria.
>Buy Aurora again a few weeks ago.
>Both companies stocks soar

Just waiting for the Acreage Holdings ipo (The Canopy Growth of the US) to become a millionaire.

Attached: download.jpg (225x224, 11K)

but if I want to I literally do not have a choice of who I can buy it from, and because of that they’re free to assfuck their customers as hard as they please because, yknow, no competitors.

Have they still not decided on a date for the IPO other than "this fall"?

is ready to moon again if you look at the chart.

then bend over and say thank you sir may I have another.

Look into RTI, theyre partnered with ACB. They have advanced extraction tech, think they might extract cbds for coca cola?

you're gonna be waiting a while with Sessions in office

I believe it will be sooner rather than later, but I hope no later than Oct 31.

Here is a big white paper on opportunities in the US that all you fags need to read right now.

>newcannabisventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/The-Green-Regulatory-Arbitrage-Wenger-2018.pdf

Attached: 1518235883197s.jpg (250x250, 9K)

To clarify: Opinions determine prices. Opinions determine whether someone buys, holds or sells their stock. A company could be completely fake and make zero money. You would go broke shorting it if everyone else loved the imaginary company and kept buying. (See TLRY).

It literally just mooned, i'm not falling for it.

>bought shares of NIO at 13
>it’s now under 9 and falling

Attached: 66605D12-CBDE-4881-B9B9-FD4D32F1FB0D.jpg (529x550, 54K)