Microgreens

Hi Biztards,

Has anyone here tried to grow microgreens or can give some insight into the potential profitability. Furthermore, how would i differentiate from the competitors around my area? Thanks fellas

Attached: microgrees.jpg (1400x1400, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=492&v=2dsVAsmpI1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>give some insight into the potential profitability
Use it as a front to sell the pot you grow.

They're called sprouts,faggot. Kill yourself.

just ask yourself who would buy this shit
better off working at mcdonalds

What part of Victoria are you in? This matters.

you would need a medium-size greenhouse to grow them at profitable level. sell to local restaurants and health food shops

Microgreens are a great idea if you have a bit of space, cheap electricity (lower upfront costs than buying mining equipment) and access to a nearby wealthy market (eg a city center with yuppies that eat out often). Been thinking of doing the same.
A very simple setup would be like this:

>Build a couple racks of dexion shelves
>Run some spread out 5030 LED strips on the top of each shelf
>Place the pots/trays underneath
>Use a low strenght cheap and organic substrate for growing the microg's in
>Be clean and tidy because it's fucking food
>??????
>profit

Choke on a dick and die, cunt. Microgreens is the high tech rebrand. sprouts are the shit idiot Sprouts are for retarded faggots like yourself who think sprouting 3 seeds in repurposed plastic bottles is woke healthy eating.

"Sprouts" are a fucking meme, Microgreens are a whole other ballgame with plants that have actually grown out and photosynthesised a bit, so that they're more nutritious, better looking (= marketable), and don't crap out the moment you handle/remove them.

Fucking knowitall retard cunts are the worst

Holy shit I almost had an aneurism reading this shit, I got so fucking triggered I couldn't even post right.

The denseness of some dumbfuck motherfuckers is only surpassed by their ignorance.

Attached: rageneurism.png (420x420, 87K)

This is the kind of shit you grow indoors on shelves with LEDs. They're perfect for Vertical Farming, not for growing in a greenhouse where surface area is limited.

You possibly could do them vertically in a greenhouse, but you'd have uneven lighting on the bottom selves. Indoors with LEDs are a better option for microgreens.

lmao my man! Thanks for the info, i was actually going to see if i could grow outdoors first of all. Ill test that out and if things dont work out as planned then ill switch to indoors. But yeh i live close to an area that i could easily sell micros to, just the trouble would be differentiating from competitors..

Outdoors you will have trouble with insects eating your shit (microgreens are still very fragile). The way to differentiate from competitors is to grow with LEDs and not worry about the weather even if you're inside a greenhouse without insects.

I think a low tunnel will prevent some bug activity. Thats also true, i might have to DIY build myself one! will still try outdoor method though, the area i live in i am excited for this though

Could these be grown in a climate controlled storage unit?

If you can get a license or some shit, yes. I have no idea about US food/sanitary licenses but as a space it would work, yes.

You may need to use filters and ionizers to offer some air quality to your plants, dust from storage unit shared airconditioners will be full with all sorts of plastic shit

There is no competitors in my area and I was thinking of starting microgreens business because of that.
Any more tips on how you would organize it if you were the only one in the area selling them?
Just go door to door to restaurants/healthy food shops with product and offer it?

How do you know there are no competitors?

well I live in a town which has 100k population with outskirts. No microgreens on farmers market or shops to buy. Honestly i haven't even seen them being used in restaurants around here. In whole country i have found 2 businesses growing microgreens but nowhere near me. Do you think these facts could be good for business or chefs wouldn't be too interested in it?
I have a chef friend so i could potentially get into chef network via him.

>door to door sales in healthy food shops

Yes, this is the plan. Only instead of healthy food shops, you go to expensive restaurants and sell them to them.

You can have a less than a month turnaround after putting the seeds in soil, so you gotta do a couple test runs first and then start taking samples to restaurants. Don't contact restaurants without having troubleshooted your growop first and remember that seedlings require soil almost WITHOUT any nutrients

Amaranth seeds are one of the best seeds for microgreens among lettuces and other leafy greens.

I am doing test runs currently. grew some lettuces and radishes so far. Do you have any experience with pea and sunflower? I've read people like them because of their heavy yield.
On the matter of soil: Soil woithout nutrients? I was under the impression they need very good quality soil so I bought the best i could find. Should I ditch that and try "lower quality" soil for my next test?

>start taking samples to restaurants
I am picturing autistic anons stumbling into a restaurant carrying a big tray of microgreens and spilling it all over the place and then mumbling about asking to speak to the manager or chef

or maybe some of you are chads and waltz in wearing a suit and tie with a snazzy briefcase you whip open with built-in substrate full of lush microgreen samples

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=492&v=2dsVAsmpI1c i found this nice lad

Enjoy your e-coli and salmonella

I would just call first

The briefcase idea is a boss. Hook up some LEDs in there for maximum effect when opening it up in front of customer.

I'd say make up a load of sample boxes and just deliver them cold calling to posh restaurants. If you call ahead you will get btfo on trying to make an appointment.

wTF IS A MICROGREEN