Do Americans ever feel bad about what they did in Vietnam?

Attached: 1558267423533.jpg (1401x1168, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cwm0UEGQWjE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre#Court_martial
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, we didn't win

I didn't do shit lmao I was born in 2001

No I didn't do anything in vietnam I was born in 1998.
And nobody in my family was in vietnam (college educated people were exempt) so I fail to see how I'm personally responsible

>recently watched that Ken Burns documentary
>all those fucking gooks just laughing while reminiscing about murdering landlords and American soldiers
Made me so fucking mad honestly. I will never apologize for our attempt at rescuing the people of Vietnam from communism and braindead "nationalism."

Attached: vietnam 3.jpg (1024x1015, 170K)

BASED M44

Not really, maybe some faggots do but most people don't care at this point. Vietnam is one of the most Pro-American countries on the planet now ironically and assholes like Germany hate our guts even though what we did to Germany pales in comparison to Vietnam. They pretend it's for noble reasons, but in reality it's because we played a part in stopping their le 1000 year Reich.

They don't have empathy so I doubt it

No because they kicked Chinas ass so its all ok now.

>WW1 ends
>Wilson begs allies to be nice to poor Germany, American investment rushes in to rebuild Germany in the interwar years
>WW2 ends
>Truman spends millions rebuilding Germany, sends American troops to defend their former enemies and half of Germany's debt was forgiven even though they started the war
>Soviets block western ground and water access to West Berlin, America and Britain risk war with USSR to supply West Berlin entirely by air with four planes landing every minute loaded with food and supplies and airmen even personally buy and drop candy for the children
>Cold War ends
>Thatcher, Mitterrand, and Gorby all are against German reunification, but Bush convinces them to accept it
>Today
>Germany has the lowest support of the USA out of all EU nations and all NATO countries save Turkey
>American soldiers are on German soil pledged to give up their LIVES for a country that hates them while Germany's leader calls America an unreliable ally
>meanwhile America nuked Japan and dropped more explosives on Vietnam than were used in all of WW2 but they still like America more than Germans do
>Britain also helped them a ton after having been drawn into both world wars by Germany but now 90% of Germans want to hurt Britain in the Brexit negotiations

Why are Germans such ungrateful, mean, and self-righteous people?

>le bombing villages faec

Americans don't feel

Germans are monsters. The USSR knew this when they split Germany in two and fought to keep it that way.

>Why are Germans such ungrateful, mean, and self-righteous people?
The origin of German guilt lies not in regretting their actions in ww2, but in having lost and failed their fuhrer. Deep down they still believe they are ubermensch meant to rule the world.

It should be split up and given to the sorrounding countries

>amerisharts
>feel

They buttmad at 9/11 jokes while enjoy bombing other countries.

i eat bahn mi and pho
and i look at map toward vietnam
and i think
no

After watching "Look Who's Back" I realized the same thing. Germoids just want to be in charge and don't care how they get there.

I feel bad that we didn't use nukes on the DMZ and HCM trail.

The Americans did much worse to the Vietnamese

>That dude proxy cycling

If anything I think we went too easy on you, we should've killed and raped more.

>try to suppress the spread of communisn
>slaughter the shit out of each other
>lose saigon
>vietnam remains communist but we have good relations
yes, it was a huge waste of life

Thailand worked with us dumbass.

no

Attached: brad-vietnam.jpg (1100x619, 235K)

I don't but I feel sorry about the Khmer Rouge being allowed to take power in Cambodia and our recognition of them as the legitimate government of Cambodia after the Vietnamese invasion.

this, krauts are utter control freaks and are indignant about their dependency

all seamonkeys are basically the same thing

*bang bang bang*

Ur dead G.I LMAO

Attached: file.png (800x800, 729K)

Nigger. Something like 70% of all air force bombings originated from the air bases in Thailand.

Some yes, others no. Vietcong had it coming imo, I only feel bad for Cambodia as the rise of the Khmer Rouge was greatly assisted through shitty war time strategies that were , actually , illegal. People like to think that Southern Vietnam was only a byproduct of our policy and not due to already existing cultural issues between northern and southern parts of the country which just isn't true. The Cold War was a lot more complicated than that.

Many in the NVA were not even ideological communists, rather they were just freedom fighters who wanted their country to be united and free from foreign interference. In that sense I have sympathy but most Americans today don't care enough about Vietnam to learn this. It's either
>Hurr Durr war bad, muh military industrial complex
Or
>Hurr Durr war good, muh fuck communism

Attached: 1567394231185.jpg (356x297, 11K)

so what you're saying is that they're cucked seamonkeys?

Ho Chi Minh was pro-American at some point.
He wanted to unite Vietnam on the same ideals as the founding fathers did in the US.

Buuuuut the US Govt decided to listen to the French and split the country.

Because HCM was a Soviet pawn. The best strategy would have been to promise HCM economic aid and development and have him abandon communism. That would have been a big win-win for both sides. Vietnam gets independence and a strong ally, the US gets to flip the finger to the Soviets and China.

Not like he had a choice desu, he wanted to unite the country and the ones willing to fund their war were the Chinese and then USSR.

The politics involved in this war are complex as fuck, it ain't about Commies vs Capies

Commies are shit, but honestly I don't understand how anyone could side against the Viets at this point. A national struggle against foreign occupants is invariably a beautiful thing.

>America is allied with France, a fellow NATO country, who is at war with a Chinese/Soviet backed group
>"wow America sided with France, how surprising!"

Attached: LiveIdioticDassie-size_restricted.gif (249x285, 166K)

This is true, iirc he even tried to approach us first to back the anti-colonial movement, but we didn't want to anger France so he went instead with the Soviets. Of course knowing what happened in hindsight we should have obviously just told the french to fuck off and back him, but who could have known at the time what a cluster fuck Vietnam was going to turn into?

>I don't understand how anyone could side against the Viets at this point
Because the NAPALM DUUUDEE WE SHOWED THEM DA HELICOPTERS DUUUDEEE

>we should follow our NATO allies even if their idea is retarded as fuck

You see, this is why France didn't follow the US into Iraqi """"""""""Freedom""""""""";

>Pro American
Ehh, sort of. He made his own version of the Declaration of Independence that directly referenced us and our own revolution.

Unfortunately he was a well established ideological communist and regularly imprisoned outspokenly anti-communist forces within the ranks of his fellow Vietnamese nationalists. In that sense, he was very anti-American as we are a capitalist country.

Honestly i think it was Le Duan's fuckery since he was commie to the max.
I think that if HCM had gotten his support from the US shit would be pretty different for Vietnam.

Yes
youtu.be/cwm0UEGQWjE

Why is all of Jow Forums so dedicated to making sure no good can ever happen? They literally want everyone to hate everyone else

>but honestly I don't understand how anyone could side against the Viets at this point
... The cold war?

I said "at this point" for a reason.

And I didn't fail to read it, either. Yeah, in the face of the rest of the international politics at the time it was a pretty obvious move. If there was a similar situation today , considering how massive the tensions were, I would probably support that.

Hell, we are still in South Korea for a reason

Idk, Ho Chi Minh did support a wider scope of revolution than Le Duan did but I think the main reason why he cracked down on the more outspokenly anti-communist parts of his ranks was because he was , at the end of the day, an ideological communist who didn't want to upset his allies.

Also, at least Le Duan kicked the shit out of the Khmer Rouge.

ehhh

>tfw no good Vietnam game where you can kill american globalist soldiers as a based vietcong nationalist fighter

Attached: sad kitten3.jpg (1000x750, 56K)

mooooooooooooods

FUCK MURICA
FUCK VIETCONG
FUCK SOUTH VIETNAM
LONG LIVE CHAMPA
ALLAHU AKBAR

Attached: download.jpg (214x235, 9K)

Sure LeDuan saved Vietnam from a "dictatorship" and kicked the Chinks out.
But i do believe that HCM wasn't as commie as everyone portray him, nigga just wanted whitey out, you know?

Nah. He was an outspoken Marxist Leninist, my man. He didn't secretly have any liberal leanings afaik

This.

Based nip. Americans can't feel and no one should respect their "tragedies"
A dead american means a better world

>when the flag of Cham separatists (and Pattani separatists in Thailand) is directly taken from the flag of my cunt

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-114804.png (720x1440, 153K)

Stop seething, braindead mutts. The US is the worst ally you could ever have aside from Russia and China. Just look at how many former allies you fight against in the ME while forming deals with former terrorist organizations until you're betraying them again.
You bitch and moan how your NATO partners don't spend enough on their military yet when they do you bitch they're not buying from you.

Based and Gookpilled Sergeant.

Rising storm 2 vietnam is good
You can play as viet and plant poop stick traps to slowly kill americans

France didn't join in the Iraq War (but did in Afghanistan) because NATO is only a defense pact, hence why the US also didn't send troops to fight the Indochina War. What your Favela-dwelling monkey brain is proposing is that the US should've supported/armed the Communists fighting France which would've been equivalent to France selling a bunch of missiles and tanks to Iraq right before the invasion.

>The US is the worst ally you could ever have aside from Russia and China.
Tough shit cuz you gotta side with one of the three.

we didnt do enough because of the damn hippies

I didn't do anything in Vietnam, sure American soldiers did some horrible things but so did the north vietnamese and I'm sure plenty of people in the south would have begged us to stay if they knew what the north was going to do to them. France is to blame for the entire thing anyways.

Attached: 1551058446882.jpg (1024x768, 45K)

Read "Kill Everything That Moves" by a NYT investigative journalist, its on genlib as well. Mutts were killing people there were supposed "to protect" from communist instead of hunting for the real communists.

No because all the VCs here are still ultra butthurt about modern Vietnam, and refuse to recognize it as a real country. Same for mainland Chinese refugees and Nork refugees that would up here. Cubans too but less so since Cuba literally uses the US as a dump zone for their prisons.

Based

we should have just invaded your country and gotten our draft dodgers back instead of pardoning them. Hosting them was a Trudeau Sr job too.

>Made me so fucking mad honestly. I will never apologize for our attempt at rescuing the people of Vietnam from communism and braindead "nationalism."

Attached: 1568279685273.png (785x731, 200K)

Shut up fatass, you can't invade a single first world nation. I doubt you could invade Luxembourg at this point

>I will never apologize for our attempt at rescuing the people of Vietnam from communism and braindead "nationalism."
That’s what your government wanted to believe dumbo

Americans should feel bad that a single one of their countrymen was left alive

Attached: image.jpg (480x477, 68K)

I feel bad to the extent that we appeased the french colonial interests, if we had the sense to offer Ho independence in return for neutrality in the cold war the whole mess could have been avoided.

Wanted you to believe*

>Vietnamese
>people
lol nice one

What? All we did was attempt to liberate the communist government, whats so bad about that? We couldnt even succeed so theres no reason Vietnamese should be upset.

Two million civilians were killed. In South Vietnam too, not the North.

>Made me so fucking mad honestly. I will never apologize for our attempt at rescuing the people of Vietnam from communism and braindead "nationalism."

Attached: 1563367772198.png (782x758, 152K)

Mutts mad (x24)

Yea
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre#Court_martial

>Back then I vowed I wouldn't leave until every last communist was killed and Vietnam was a thriving democracy...the war is over now but I'm going back in alone to keep that promise.

Attached: 1566627116128.jpg (640x715, 83K)

Let's not forget Diet Germany over here that managed to get off scot free from the Anschluss with that "first victim" nonsense, saving them from the Russian rape train. I've only known one Austrian in my entire life and she was an absolute cunt. You're no different.

>How are you, GI Joe? It seems to me that most of you are poorly informed about the going of the war, to say nothing about a correct explanation of your presence over here. Nothing is more confused than to be ordered into a war to die or to be maimed for life without the faintest idea of what's going on.

>Your government has betrayed you. There is nothing noble about your mission. There is no reason why you should be here. You will never defeat the forces of our Fatherland. The French never learned. Will you?

>Do you miss your families and homes? They are questioning why you are here. In America there is no unity, there is violence, there are protests against you.

>Why are you here? When you sit alone at night and think of your loved ones, our gallant soldiers are watching you. You cannot escape.

>Do you have a watch, American servicemen? Look at it, the minutes are ticking away. Soon your time will stop in Vietnam. You will be killed when you least expect it.

Attached: giga_old.jpg (832x1000, 213K)

Seconding this. Rising Storm 2 gives the pleasure of both murdering filthy GI with spike traps as well as toasting filthy gooks with a flamethrower

>Made me so fucking mad honestly.
By Allah may your country burn in hell.

Attached: MIGApede.gif (2000x800, 540K)

Obviously no

Attached: USA brings freedom.png (1176x492, 943K)

What comic's this from?

>Noooooo you can't kick out foreign invaders who want to rape and pillage they need to do that you committed wrongthink

Attached: 2F410367-4DC0-43BD-9C00-FA362B95E547.png (371x361, 23K)

Vietnam is so based we ended up naming streets, squares and such after Uncle Ho

Attached: A couple of warriors holding hands Vietnam 1971.jpg (1027x1485, 125K)

Noe. Wish we would have finished the job

t. spic, nigger or both

Germs are evil

t.

Attached: Eternal Austrian.jpg (460x1013, 88K)

We are to Germany what Israel is to you.