The Japanese education system is shit

I'm speaking from experience of working in multiple elementary schools and seeing all of the 40+ different classes and teachers.

First, there's no play time for the kids. They get there before 8am often walking alone or in groups of other kids, despite there being no sidewalk on the shitty 1 lane streets, which is already retarded as fuck.

They have 2 sets of 45 minute classes, with 10 minutes in between which are just enough time for 1 class to finish and then prepare for the next.

There's literally 10 or 15 minutes of scheduled "free time" for kids to briefly run outside and then run back inside.

At lunch they distribute the food among themselves, eat, then clean up after which sounds very cool but it's actually awful for them.

It turns around 80-90 minutes of lunch time into a painful preparation for both the kids and teachers who have to supervise them, then they accomplish nothing by rubbing the ground with dirty wet rags. I remember looking forward to lunch time before i had a complete hour to eat whatever and play whatever with my friends not fuck around in mandatory service of the system.

The meat of the issue is the scheduled classes which are full of up 32 kids, the norm is 30. Full of stress and energy from getting to do fuck all exercise while being forced to sit at uncomfortable old desks for hours all day. All they do is get fed information they have to repeat and it's all superficial. They just get told what something is and then to write that down or just believe it. They have no fucking thinking skills. It's truly sad to watch smart kids fail in a system that just trains robot like behaviour.

No wonder the entire society is a bunch of joyless, unenlightened, workaholic depressed robots. It's literally all the education system fucking them in the head.

Attached: WritingSystemsOfTheWorld.png (2272x1402, 437K)

in the animes they show kids eating in their classrooms do you guys not have cafeterias?

조선학교 is alternative.
It is revolution.

Attached: 92449F78-2749-472A-8BAF-720FFCE89C09.jpg (550x385, 79K)

We call it Vikipedi, whoever made this map is a dumb cunt

I started to understand why japs hate English teachers so much.

Attached: who looks down on who.jpg (1147x798, 260K)

Maybe because you should just believe your teacher when you dont have the fucking tool to properly argument a topic
Then I agree with you that forcing kids to do Janitor works just to spare some money is literally Ant colony tier but yeah

Don't Koreans hate those useless losers too?

I don't think teaching kids to clean after themselves isn't necessary bad.
Americans are shit at cleaning after themselves, and they literally need a Japanese lady to teach them how to organize their rooms.

Food is literally carried on trucks and hauled up to 2nd and 3rd floors where it's carted around in big barrels then the kids eat it at their usual desks after doing the usual ritualistic preparation.

For example in English the only thing they try to do is teach entire sentences to kids who can't even pronounce the syllables let alone the phonetical sounds.

And they don't learn what individual words even mean just the entire sentence translates to this in Japanese, remember it ok?
It's so stupid how an entire country doesn't understand how language learning works

The thing is this is not school duty to teach a kid how to be a normal human being this is their parents duty

What I dislike about Japanese society is just the amount of stress an average guy from birth to death experience no wonder the suicide rate is high in this way

Well, this is what happens when you didn't learn how to clean though.

Attached: 000_dv873953.jpg (690x388, 370K)

>Korean sat
Even more fucked.
The condition in India isn't good either

How many hours do they spend at school? i've always wondered that

I remember when they started putting that inuit language shit on signs here to virtue signal and I was wondering wtf planet I was on lool

someone post the korean banter about japanese schools

Suicide rate among young people in Japan is lower than western civilization. Your argument is plain stupid.

Attached: Global suicide rates among young people aged 15-19.png (3039x1941, 221K)

What makes these JETards think they are actually a "teacher"?
They don't even speak Japanese, so how can they teach English to Japanese speaking people?
I cannot teach Chiense kids Japanese because I don't know what difficulties Chinese speakers face when learning Japanese,
and I cannot explain the Japanese grammar rules because it all comes intuitively to me.
Singing ABC songs for kids, or showing American movies to kids don't make you a"teacher".

5-9th graders,
from 8:30 to 13:30, 14:30, or 15:30.

Yes English classes are shit everywhere
I think the way they teach Spanish in USA is retarded too
I learnt English from playing Indies and purposelly immersing myself into the culture

>First there's no play time for kids
Neither here, of course there was a time for lunch (20 mins), but we weren't enabled to run nor use card games. There was a physical education class, we had to share the field with another 40 student classroom, lacking proper materials, but more often than not PE classes were on classroom.

>They get there before 8am
On high school we had to get there before 7:30am, some of us (me) lived 1h away from school, and got out at 4:20pm.

>They have 2 sets [...]
We had undefined sets of 50mins classes with no time in-between.

>10 or 15 mins of scheduled free time
20 mins of lunchtime on middle School / 1h on highschool, but a lot of us did schoolwork instead of eating, as we didn't have any other free time (for clarification, I studied on a regular middle school [bad infrastructure, easier] and a "non-conventional"/"job specializing"/technical highschool [better infrastructure, harsher], so my experiences for high school might not apply for the average Brazilian)

>classes which are full of up to 30 kids
40 here, of which all atended on high school not skipping days

>Forced to sit on uncomfortable old desks
I guess that's the standard worldwide

>They just get told what something is and then to write that down or just believe it. They have no fucking thinking skills. It's truly sad to watch smart kids fail in a system that just trains robot like behaviour.
Yeah, that's true, I don't think a single country on the world ever tried to change it.

>No wonder the entire society is a bunch of joyless, unenlightened, workaholic depressed robots. It's literally all the education system fucking them in the head.
There were 2 suicide attempts on my highschool while I was there. But despite all the health issues I've had because of it, stress, the borderline dissociation disorder and suicidality I've had because of my highschool, I can still say: It was worth it. Because if not for my highschool I'd be still a whiny pussy.
Cont(1/2)

>It's so stupid how an entire country doesn't understand how language learning works
OK, Gomez the English teacher, please say something in Japanese now?

それ日本語で説明してみ?

Yes true
In fact my room is always so dirt right?
What a retarded argument
No wonder the moment something dont go as planned you ants freak out

this is how school works exactly same everywhere that isn't 3rd world country including poland

stop believing western propaganda that absurdly extrapolates Japanese problems with attempt to blind the population that they don't have any of their problems

Attached: 1567686688102.gif (540x540, 577K)

They are not that helpful in learning English anyway

1-3 grade is id say 7.40ish - 2.30
4-6 is 7.40ish - 3.30

Its about the same after but these after school clubs and activities lead kids to hang around at school until the evening most days and in the weekends. Its crazy how they'll have next to 0 free time because of homework and study every night too

My country is way lower on that map also nice sources

This is true but saying that japan now doesnt have an educational problem (like everywhere in asia really) is juat hiding the problem
We got 10 minutes of break per day and like 5 hours of school from Monday to Saturday 8:00-13:00

At least Japanese students get taught fucking discipline and how to work hard which is more than can be said for Western education

Cont
(2/2)
If not for my highschool, I wouldn't have learnt to be disciplined, nor to actually study, nor get used to sleepless nights, etc. And at the end, I still wouldn't be prepared for the real world.
Of course, Harsh high schools aren't meant for everyone, but that doesn't mean that they are absolutely bad. Aside some problems you mentioned, something being hard is not bad per-se.

I never compared Japan to anywhere else. I was just outlining how bad it is.

We have that in India too unless you are from a rich school where they have hogwarts style dining hall

All the JETs I know speak Japanese, I didn't even know they let you be one if you didn't have a minimum proficiency. I do know they're forced to not speak anything but English in class though.

This sounds no different than US schools.

Where's US military?

They can't even use their native language properly.

That sounds normal to me.
I think you just described typical schools in Asia, not just Japan.
School is pretty fun desu. far better than being an adult that's for sure.

What makes an education system good? What you said doesn't sound too different from our education system, minus the food eating part, schools either have a canteen (food served is dogshit) or don't have one. Classes usually last one hour (sometimes two hours) and there is no 10 min break in between to prepare for the next class.

English teacher go home.

You mean millennial American women are shit at cleaning up after themselves because they were never taught how to properly by their mothers. Those are the ones that buy that ladies books, not OCPD guys like me who label all their drawers and dust every day.

Yeah, what op described is bretty gud for real.
What I'd describe as a good education system is one that promotes critical thinking: employs a multitude of teaching methods (reading, audiovisual, etc); short schooltime (excessive doesn't mean better, it acut is pretty much the opposite when it comes to learning, the lesser the stress, the better); promotes socialization (but doesn't make any extensive use of group works); and oftenly repeats old classes content so the kids won't simply memorize content and then forget, but actually learn the content.

I've read from several places that foreign English teachers are basically just glorified tape recorders. If you try to actually teach or god forbid correct any grammar mistakes in the material you are chastised for it.
How much truth is in this?

i like how all the foreigner youtubers in china are jews.

>Japanese schools are for learning and teaching kids responsibility.
How evil! Thank fuck it's not like that here!

Problem is shitty parents. Too many parents in the west literally let their children run feral at home, giving them whatever they want to shut them up, then leaving it all to schools to teach them everything from writing, to manners, even how to use a fucking knife and fork or just spell their own name! But many of these life essentials are not part of the curriculum here, there is no class for how to tie shoelaces or eat with a fork, the government somehow thinks parents still care about their children, so teachers have to teach individuals haphazardly. At least Japan has an actual program to teach these kids discipline, social responsibility and life essentials.

If I had to choose between the Japanese system and the shit I had to put up with retarded students in school and the even worse shit my teacher friends have to put up with now, I would choose the Japanese system. Schools are places for learning, if you want to play go to an arcade after you finish your responsibilities, just like in real life when you become an adult. Typing this made me realise why so many millennials and zoomers in the West have problems facing reality. Schools should not be treated as glorified daycare centres.

Yeah I thought it was like that but nope. I have to teach entire classes by myself mainly speaking Japanese, the entire thing is left up to me.
Even if I'm working with another teacher they'll generally allow me to change stuff. This is in elementary schools though.

I've heard from friends who also plan and deliver their own lessons in junior high and high school, although they're supposed to just use english, which to be honest just hinders communication.

At least the alphabets are dope looking.

Damn but it's not governmental duty to take care of your children like that if you are a lazy parent
I dont't want the school to teach my kid their own way of doing stuff correctly this is just a recipe for a robotic society where parents are not even parents

>English teacher when i was 13y/o
his name is Christian. he introduced himself as massive weeb and made everyone cringe, shouting "MOEEEEE". i didn't even know what "moe" means back then, i felt like i was Louis XVII, who was taught what masturbation is at the age of 8. fat, nerdy English American teacher. he was trying to pretend he can speak French by counting from 1 to 10. even i wasn't fooled. he greatly damaged my view on Americans. had a tranny voice.
>English teacher 1 when i was 14 y/o
Alex. i don't even remember his nationality. he looked like Qui-Gon Jinn. i saw him only once because he got arrested for rape later
>English teacher 2 when i was 14 y/o
Yujin. anglo iirc. too small voice to understand. looked like a chav.
>English teacher when i was 15 y/o
La. he was a well educated African American wanting to know what my country is like. his skin reminds me of an unleashed black panther in savanna, his voice is deep as Victorian Waterfall, his helacurean physique can be compared to the black Apolon, his eyes bear primitive masculinity most of us moderners already forgot, and he could perfectly speak French unlike that Amerimutt. La was truly a black warrior. we'd often engage ourselves in arm wrestling but no one could win against him. he was so cool every time i'd hold hand with him for arm-wrestling, it made me wet. at the last day of English class, I hugged La while crying. he said something along the lines of farewell in English, but i didn't understand it perfectly. now I'm studying English hard because i don't want to be a person again who misses what his hero says at the last day. La taught me everything

Attached: 1568236307730.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Nice
What manga is this? ;)

>it's not governmental duty to take care of your children
No, I agree it's not. But we are far from living in a perfect world and people are getting lazier and happy to leave more and more things to the government, including their own children (if they have children at all).

But I think some things should be taught uniformly, either by parents or school. Like a collective responsibility to keep public places clean, Japan teaches this with a simple lesson of cleaning the classroom together. They still have janitors to do proper cleaning, but something simple like wiping your desk, brushing the floor and washing the blackboard is something even I did in school many, many moons ago. Now my teacher friends can barely get all their kids to obey them in putting their chairs up on the table at the end of school. As a result, Japan has one of the cleanest public spaces in the world, the UK has litter and filth everywhere on streets and parks.

Why complain about schools when there won´t be any children to attend in them soon

The fact that we let the government to take away even more time with our children is not a thing to praise but I can agree with you that teaching them to clean collectively the classroom can be good
What I dont agree is to abuse this system just to spare on janitors in a classic hierarchy way

Which is what it seems to happen
I wouldnt want to send my kid to work as a janitor in a school at that young age instead of teaching them stuff that a parent cant teach him like granmatical rules and science

Dunno why a 3rd world country is taking school so seriously its not like anyone hires hues

So we can work (non-manual labor jobs) in superior countries like Japan in the future.

Is the OP a based Jetter ?

Japan is literally playing leader place in science. Also average high IQ.

Yeah literally got this job because I wanted to work on an online business while I chilled on a laptop all day.

Instead I'm teaching screaming kids with no rest and I've hated it from day 1.

I see nothing wrong with this system.

Who besides Nathan Rich is jewish?

>The Japanese education system is shit
I know

Attached: japanese school schedule.png (1246x1558, 474K)

JETfag represent, where's your placement?

>Alex. i don't even remember his nationality. he looked like Qui-Gon Jinn. i saw him only once because he got arrested for rape later

Attached: 2518.jpg (192x144, 7K)

>Like a collective responsibility to keep public places clean, Japan teaches this with a simple lesson of cleaning the classroom together. They still have janitors to do proper cleaning, but something simple like wiping your desk, brushing the floor and washing the blackboard is something even I did in school many, many moons ago. Now my teacher friends can barely get all their kids to obey them in putting their chairs up on the table at the end of school. As a result, Japan has one of the cleanest public spaces in the world, the UK has litter and filth everywhere on streets and parks.
We had and still have that too, trash is everywhere, classroom cleaning was always a burden everyone hated not some important life lesson.

вyкипeдия

wtf i thought you guys spoke durka durka jihad mohammed akbar?

Doesn't sound that much different from primary school here. It was non-stop learning from 8:30 till 2:30 with a fifteen minute break to eat followed by 20 minutes to play outside. Learning Irish was pretty much the same too, we just learnt phrase and words and then started learning grammar in secondary school.

Sounds normal to me.

"School bad"
Original opinion right there