Is it common that most of the highest grossing movie in one country are made in foreign country?

is it common that most of the highest grossing movie in one country are made in foreign country?

Attached: 註解 2019-09-13 230831.png (1102x708, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_India
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, very common.

no

yes

Attached: Skærmbillede 2019-09-13 kl. 17.15.24.png (1042x1216, 273K)

50/50

Attached: boxoffice.png (1008x573, 77K)

>four remakes
>three capeflicks
>almost everything is a part of a franchise
by god holywood gives me diarrhea
make some original films ya dummies

lots of originals are churned out, they just aren't as popular as the capeshit and the nostalgia cashgrabs

France must be the non-anglo western movie market with most local representation. Basé.

Not really. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_India

Apparently.

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-172446.jpg (1363x2355, 1.28M)

A big problem in modern hollywood is that films use $3264346234532 special effects and pay staff huge dividends while audiences bank on seeing movies for established talent. The entry costs to making a new movie as a new person in the industry are astronomically higher than they used to be, so films end up being made by a handful of individuals or corporations. Naturally, they tend to direct in certain ways or bank on established franchises, so the whole thing's become stagnant as fuck.

I don't understand anything other than ”海角七號".

Yeah.
Most films are very generic and poorly made, so people prefer foreign ones.
The only exceptions to this have been Del Meme and Cuaron.

>Harry Potter
>German production
Do krauts really

Look at this !

Attached: filmas.png (670x931, 47K)

Didn't expect endgame to that high.

Why would they? Their sole purpose is making money, and with those remakes with 0 effort they are destroying box office records, there is no incentive for them to produce something new.

Probably a mistake or something, even German Wikipedia says it's a British-American production.

you don't have to, they are all hollywoodshit
>4 avengers plus 1 captain america and 1 ironman
>3 fast and furious
>3 transformers
>2 jurassic world
>2 along with the gods, the only two korean movie
>avatar and titanic as always
>the only good one, life of pi

yeah, our film industry is doomed

I mean, I know. Franchises are a sure thing, because each film advertises every other film from that franchise. And advertising for individual films could never match franchise familiarity. That's not even getting into brand loyalty and disgusting shit like that. For investors, franchises are a sure deal. They're safe, stable, predictable. And for the consumer it's a similar deal. The films are familiar. You know exactly what you're getting from it, and the advertising machine squeezes out ordinary standalone films from public consciousness (unless it's an established director). It's understandable. And I know new films are still being filmed in great amounts.
But holy christ does the whole franchise situation make me empty my bowels explosively. They're so fucking boring.

What I find interesting is that a lot of these movies are intended for children, but it's adults that watch them.

Also, the whole clout that a successful franchise gives you makes it easy to negotiate with dvd releases and all that.

Yeah I fucking hate it too, but until the general public gets sick of it it's going to keep happening. All we can do is hope for an eventual crash or gradual shift to better content as the public loses interest in "superhero beats up da bad guy #234623453".

Ah, Aladdin, Dumbo, Toy Story and Lion King are just nostalgia grabs.
The other animated films, I guess they watch it with their kids? I don't know.
Though you'd be right that marvel, star wars and other similar blockbusters are made in such a way that they're supposed to appeal to everyone from early teens upward, by being pretty flashy and infantile

I hope it happens, but I've been thinking that "this is the last nostalgia grab for sure, everyone's tired of them already" or "this is the last [film of a franchise] for sure, the cinemas are completely oversaturated with them" for years, and yet they're still going on as strong as ever.
ah, well. there's more than enough good films for me to watch, so there's no reason to get worked up over this.