Spain once owned the netherlands, italy, the americas and part of asia

>spain once owned the netherlands, italy, the americas and part of asia
what happen

Attached: 1555195886874.png (480x480, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tercio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_O'Reilly,_1st_Count_of_O'Reilly
youtube.com/watch?v=wZbrwnP5XRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cheeky Dutchies rebelled

Hyperinflation from new world gold and silver killed economy

Rival (England) became too stronk

Divine retribution for our sins

damn espana used to look like THAT?

Attached: xYHL4gEqZs-6.png (300x250, 24K)

Stupid rulers and catholicism if Spain was Protestant Spain would be part of the white 1st world world powers and probably unite with England

Attached: 1564446997595.jpg (540x400, 123K)

They were ruled by germanics

Wasted all their gold

Imagine a Lutheran Spain bros in the 1500s

that's retarded

According to my history classes, too much emphasis on the court, the arts, prestige, feasts, investments in looking good abroad, colony management also kind of brutal but not serious and also too politics-based ... meanwhile no actual investment in an efficient military state, serious colony management, technologically advanced army and so on.
But those are just classes they are worth as much as the teacher is so take from it what you will.

If Spain were Protestant Netherlands would still be Spanish

Catholicism did nothing for Spain Spain had everything to gain from.being Protestant than being the only Catholic retard left

fuck spain desu

The Spanish land army was quite good, in fact it was the gold standard for a long time.

cringe

Habsburg's

Attached: Charles_II_of_Spain.jpg (1500x2000, 332K)

???
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tercio

Catholic forces in wars of religion

Spain

Protestant
Rest of Europe

Attached: 1564445388953.png (593x580, 621K)

according to mine it's because they fought on 8 different fronts during the 16th century

Attached: 1566083473138.png (1606x1024, 307K)

Got a French king and they spend their resources on bailing out France.

Also fighting Protestants rather than converting all the land to protestantism

imagine a protestant country right next to muslim african countries

but wasn't 16th century spain's golden age ? things started going wrong later on

yes, but the resources started to dwindle
also
- little population available after colonizing the americas
- corruption

You mean how Germany is next to France.

16th century was height of Spanish power where it was wasted on fighting Protestants rather than becoming Protestant

charles v’s mother was spanish

If Spain was Protestant they would have been the world leader and father of the Protestant countries having all the military and economic power from new world funding protestantism .

what's your obsession with protestantism you fucking lunatic ? anyways spain was on of the most anti-protestant by far, even here in france we had civil wars over it, in spain it just barely even passed the border and what little did they burned on a stake, they're probably the last people in europe who would ever have converted

i see, corruption i knew about but i wouldn't think colonization took that much of a toll demographically

what if france was protestant

Protestants are subhumans. Protestantism is the ethics of misanthropy.

> Netherlands
Half of them (modern Netherlands) got independence as part of the Peace of Westphalia, we kept the other half (modern Belgium).

> Italy
Together with the southern Netherlands, it was given to the Austrian emperor as part of the deal after the war of Spanish succession. In turn, Austria accepted a French king on the Spanish throne.

> Americas (mainland)
We were attacked by Napoleon. This started a civil war in the colonies. "Patriots" (republicans who fought for independence) and "royalists" (monarchists who wanted to stay part of the empire) fought for 20 years, patriots won after Spanish soldiers rebelled against the draft in 1820.

> Americas (islands), Asia
The eternal Yank blew up his own ship, blamed us for it and defeated us in war. Afterwards the Yank genocided 2 million Filipinos, enslaved Puerto Rico to the present day, and turned Cuba into a giant brothel until based Fidel dabbed on capitalists.

If Spain was Protestant then it would not have had wars in Germany or netherlands.

>Protestants are subhumans. Protestantism is the ethics of misanthropy.
How is protestantism lutherism worse than papism?

Today is a very different time to the 1500 wars of religion but if it was so then the best interest of Spain was to convert to protestantism and fight papists.

Today religion largely does not matter industry does.

well realistically it would have been richer, more liberal, probably less wars with germany, also probably no jacobinism which would've been much better
but that also means no sun-king, no revolution, no napoleon, no democracy, no strong centralized state etc

not to account for all other parameters like potentially much more religious civil wars, notably north/south ... a constant thing in french politics is the all or nothing angle, going protestant would probably have caused a lot of other shit

i doubt it

UK and Napoleon btfo spain and Portugal

>Spend 700 years to fight off Islam
>convert to Islam by free will
American logic

Basado

>best interests
That's to save souls, you godless scum

Lazy spaniards spend too much time on siesta

Pa ti

Attached: pa tiiiiiii.png (524x556, 371K)

At this point Protestant or being Catholic wouldn't do much of anything

But if Spain became Protestant doing Protestant Reformation Spain would be a leading scientific country today

retarded government.
also this, seriously. They mismanaged almost every single colony, even the small ones like mine. It took them more than 100 years to realize our island was a great location for defense and agriculture. While the Spanish here were sitting on their asses doing literally nothing, the dutch were using the lesser antilles to be twice as productive as us with less space.
In the 1700s the house of bourbon sent this guy en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_O'Reilly,_1st_Count_of_O'Reilly to my country, and he was astonished by the laziness. Lots of space to produce and the settlers were sitting on their asses doing literally nothing

>my country
kek

>At this point Protestant or being Catholic wouldn't do much of anything
>eternity in Hell
nice try, Satan

I don't know what led you to believe Jewish mythology is true

I didn't want to type "my colony", it sounds weird and it hurts

Attached: 00.jpg (666x450, 30K)

un saludo desde ronda malaga

twelfth post best post

importation of noggers

What reason Ireland hand to not become protestant?

>colony management also kind of brutal
Black legend strikes again
t. Achmed
Oh Portugal, the land of hard workers

I think it was reverse psychology. The British were like 'become church of Ireland of we'll hurt you' and us irish dabbed on em and remained catholic. Come the Protestant Ascendancy and the horrific penal laws it was a part of irish culture to hate those arrogant protestant anlglos. I'm a from a catholic background but i'm a a nietzsche man now btw

if your neurons weren't full of fast food transfats you would understand Catholicism is the truth. Now begone godless mutt abomination

Attached: 60152444_371494136802457_4121947294279197622_n.jpg (1080x1350, 197K)

They did't want to develop thier colonies, Spanish colonial policy was all about taking stuff back to Spain. Anglos actually delveloped their colonies, and they bacame important markets for metropoly, which fueled their economy.
And at some point it all came down

>hell
>real
nice one

>belarus education

Attached: i1lCyvN.png (1541x1602, 2.32M)

this

Is it true that Spaniards have very hairy asses?

>Building big buildings for papal is based

Yes it is true Spain is evil now don't immigrate to Spain

Do you know what is this, muttie?

Attached: descarga.jpg (291x173, 9K)

>Be ruled by germanics
>They let muslims in
>We have to push them out

>Native royal house builds the foundations of the empire
>Germans take charge
>They spend all the money and little manpower we have on religious wars in places Spain didn't care about
Thanks germans.

>First universities in the new world are spanish
>first hospitals in the new world are spanish
etc

This:
youtube.com/watch?v=wZbrwnP5XRQ

Why do you call me mutt if im a pink skin who can't tan

Attached: Screenshot_20190726-144740.png (1080x2160, 1.69M)

I don't care about your skin cancer

Yes