Chainlink and the Taxman

>No LINK is required in order to be a node operator. However, holding LINK on your node (commonly referred to as staking) helps with ranking your node against others. Your node will also need some LINK in order to bid on smart contracts with the penalty amount. If the node is not selected to perform the job, or the node successfully completes the job, then it can retrieve that paid penalty amount.

Can someone explain how this will even function? Because each smart contract will require link, and receives funds, node operators in the USA will have to report every contract to the IRS as a accession of wealth. The IRS will have a very easy time going after node operators, as it will be recorded publicly.

>"Windfalls," such as prizes and free samples, are accessions to wealth
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/US_Income_Tax/Income

If this ever caught on where nodes were completing any volume of traffic, this would be hell.

Attached: chainlink-logo-cryptocurrency.png (1920x1080, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4240094-i-have-over-2k-crypto-trades-to-report-i-used-bitcoin-tax-to-get-my-overall-gain-loss-and-generate-8949-but-do-i-have-to-enter-each-trade-how-do-i-report-a-summary
klasing-associates.com/crypto-currency-hard-forks-mean-tax-bill/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SHUT. THE FUCK. UP.

what? im legit curious.

Martsharting Mutt halfniggers BTFO

Attached: 1439047179440.jpg (185x243, 16K)

Biz i fucking love you more than anything

delet pls

It's not like there will be an immutable, publicly viewable record of payments received for services performed. No siree, not at all.

chainlink will only be used by pajeets

This seems like a major flaw. I wonder if the team has even hired a finance major, it seems they should have considered this

>sell hotdog from hotdog stand
>income has to be reported
"hot dog stands will never take off if I have to file taxes"

Hotdog stands income isnt publicly reported and visible by anyone

are you trying to say the only way to make money off hotdogs is to sell them without paying taxes?

you do realize taxes are just another "production cost" that you pass to the consumer, right?

I get that, but a hotdog stand probably has 10-50 tx a day. maybe. lets say link catches on. A node now has hundreds of thousands of transactions.

You know what a fucking mess that will be?

>burger problems

Attached: 1513096230867.jpg (900x900, 82K)

Sell hot dog to IRS man.

WHAT NOW?!

You would report the LINK received for completion of jobs as income on the day the job is completed

Very similar to how coins gained through a hard fork are reported

Yep, but you are aware TurboTax, H&R Block, and TaxAct have a 3,000 transactions import limit? anything more you have to hire a jew to do your taxes. I ran into this last year.

So register your company in a tax haven, you don't think those companies all pay taxes?

so what you are saying is the average user is unable to run a node, and it will only be able to be run by corporations, or users in foreign countries?

No, everyone who would expect a huge amount of passive income usually opens a starts a company to benefit of tax benefits. At least that's how we do it in Europe. There are all these fucking loopholes,why not use them. You would be crazy to pay all those fucking taxes.

Not a mess at all. It will be easily organized in a csv or excel spreadsheet. If you get audited, you give that to the IRS man, tell him to reference the eth blockchain and tell him to fuck off.

this will count as income tax?

Attached: 1536959237631.webm (512x384, 2.69M)

yes. its accession of wealth.

you are right, but you cant import that into any software. you need to fill out the tax forms manually. and every transaction needs to be reported.

if you know an easier way to get >3k tx reported, please let me know.

pay your taxes and you wont have to deal with the headache of hiding it.

You just report and pay for the sum of your earnings. They can parse it down further themselves if they want to waste the manpower.

I was audited by doing that. I claimed everything, in one sum, was long term capital gains. Got an audit notice about a month later.

Is it really worth doing it wrong and getting audited on all your taxes, just to run a node?

so the new fud is, "You're going to be making so much money running a node on Chainlink, good luck dealing with the IRS, hahaha aaaaareeeeeeeeeeee"

slit your dick vein, delphicunt

Attached: chainlol.png (1387x1020, 609K)

uh, thats not my point at all but nice reaching. my point is you are going to have so many fraction of a penny transactions its going to be a PITA hiring a CPA

considering it will be monthly/weekly and not all at once, yes. When you declare a larger amount like that especially under capital gains is a huge red flag. You could try to file it under something different but im not so read up on tax law.

my normal income tax is 32% tax rate. long term cap gains is 15%. my funds were all legit held longer than a year too, they just require every transaction to be reported.

cointracking has no limits

but thats just to generate the file of tx from exchanges logs. you still need to manually fill out a 1040 is my understanding.

hiring a jew to deal with my shit from bitcoin.tax was expensive last year. i'm all for avoiding it this year if possible, I just haven't found a way

In my country you just report the net gain or loss after you yourself calculate every transaction and only need to keep the records in case of an audit, nobody I know reported thousands of single crypto transactions.

If it's different in the land of the free I'm sure you can attach an excel sheet or pay some highschool student to write you a script that's gonna transfer all the txs to your 1040

it is 100% different. every transaction you need to individually report.

ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4240094-i-have-over-2k-crypto-trades-to-report-i-used-bitcoin-tax-to-get-my-overall-gain-loss-and-generate-8949-but-do-i-have-to-enter-each-trade-how-do-i-report-a-summary

even when bitcoin forks, you need to claim that as an accession of wealth. even if you didnt cash out

klasing-associates.com/crypto-currency-hard-forks-mean-tax-bill/

You can't attach a form, unless you aren't efiling. If you do it electronically you need to manually fill out a paper. I had to pay a jew ~$2k for 4 hours of unfucking myself last year.

>how will the outdated, slow and inefficient financial system keep up with smart contracts?
It won't. The US will either need to remodel or they will lose to fucking India lmao

this /bread/

Is making so much money you won't be able to keep track of it all the new fud now?

truly retarded

Relax bro, it'll be just like dividends.

Attached: RutaPedo.jpg (1080x1606, 329K)

Attached: RutaPedo2.jpg (1077x919, 122K)

REQ will have built in accounting features too. Just point it at your node's wallet address.

the main reason they all hate you at the country club is because you dont know how to keep a fucking secret, faggot.

>long term capital gains
gee I wonder why

exactly this