Why is the government of China against imperial dramas?

Why is the government of China against imperial dramas?

Attached: story-of-yanxi-palace.jpg (727x416, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/Amcw63O
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

probably because in their minds it doesn't promote the kind of culture they want.

this.
You can't become a world power with free speech.

Its because it exposes the Communist elite for what they are, imperial style oligarchs

The CCP has pleb tastes. They would ban three kingdoms if they think it would threaten them somehow.

Excuse me?

do you have free speech?

Wrong. You can't become a world power without aggressively preventing other nations from becoming world powers. United States is the only world power and has greater freedom of expression than pretty much every other country on earth. Wealth, powerful military, and soft power projection are what you want.

Americans are all slaves.
You're far from free.

If the government hates imperial dramas, why did they fund this movie that jerked off the King of Qin?

Attached: hero_film_Jet_li.jpg (353x500, 45K)

based.

Tomorrow i'm going to kill the president and raise a communist flag over the white house. And when I am bored I will hijack an airliner and ram it into supreme court, whilst dropping a chemical bomb on the capital building. If I die, or am killed in the process, a pathological disease will begin to spread in New York City that will kill millions.

yeah

The CCP oligrarchs are just lucky fucks who survived the cultural revolution

No culture. Literally USSR larpers

t. Cultureless shithole

Say that to presidents face and then we'll see

>No culture.
Why do ameriglobos keep pretending that they know what culture is?

its easy to appreciate real culture when you dont have your own culture to fog your vision.

t. Amerimutt from multiple continents

They would have to prove that I had the intent of producing fear

I would think series showcasing the splendor of ancient China would be okay. Specially if they're popular with foreign audiences, too
They only turned against imperial dramas recently

Attached: _104905371_6.jpg (800x450, 72K)

doesn't that put you on a watchlist or even an arrest because you are planning to kill the president? I might be stupid, but I'm not that stupid to mess with that shit.. Good luck gettting raided.

Watts v. United States

In order for threatening to kill the president to be a crime, or any major offense against anyone, albeit this case only involves the president, the court has to prove that there is genuine intent behind the words to carry out the actions. What I said was obviously only meant to prove a point, and would not even be remotely feasible.

Not directly related to the case, but this is more-or-less the way it's determined.
>Courts have held that a person is guilty of the offense if certain criteria are met. Specifically, the person must intentionally make a threat in a context, and under such circumstances, that a reasonable person would foresee that the statement would be interpreted by persons hearing or reading it as a serious expression of an intention to harm the president. The statement must also not be the result of mistake, duress or coercion.[57][58][59][60][61][62] A true threat is a serious threat and not words uttered as a mere political argument, idle talk, or jest.[63] The standard definition of a true threat does not require actual subjective intent to carry out the threat.[64]

If for some reason FBI found that post, they would look at it, and then throw it away, as there is no plausible intent behind it.

a list of series that are currently being aired in china
many of them are set in imperial china

Attached: 43.png (1728x752, 1.91M)

only the upper echelons of the PRC truly know what kind of culture they want to guide. the greatest mistake the west ever made with regards to china is that they assumed their wants and intents.

Which one should I watch?

>watch mainland Chinese tv stations though satellite
>lots of Sino Japanese War movie/dramas

Are you Malay or Chinese? Do Chinese Malaysians usually consume Mainland media?

They'd rather import capeshit movies because they're less threatening politically than indigenous content.

Why are there so many about imperial china? Don't they get bored making them?

>have five thousand years of imperial China
>not make series about it

Attached: 006muEijly1fl2ehk7zg4j315o1jkx6p.jpg (1500x2000, 1.86M)

It's complicated.

whitoids don't understand it, their civilisations were created only a few centuries ago

ikr

Neither do Chinese since Mao nuked Chinese culture only 50 years ago.

>Neither do Chinese since Mao nuked Chinese culture only 50 years ago.
Shut up teen you have no idea what you are talking about.

Attached: z4we6z43w6m.jpg (432x432, 31K)

The Cultural Revolution was an absolute failure. Mao lost. The officials he purged rule China now.

Censorship will be ever a clusterfuck without real direction, reacting only on vapid threats or censor personal grugdes.
See the case of Winny the Pooh, the tatoos or how thet try to watered down the slightless sign of gore & sex on their webnovels.

The officials he purged are dead now. The 1960s was a long time ago.

Kissinger is still alive. The 60s weren't as long ago as you think.

You realize that starting at the age of 14 Xi Jinping spent 7 years doing hard labour including 6 months of which were in a labour camp he was sent to after trying to escape

>lots of Sino Japanese War movie/dramas
I thought those were a big no no for CCP. I guess they're heavily biased then?

government of China is very nationalistic and anti-royalty.

the imperial drama is mostly about either fucking mogols rulling chinks or chinks ruining their shithole until mongols are feed up and come rulling again.

this fucking historical fact is literally against everything chiks rulling class told own slave-ants last 80 years..

imgur.com/gallery/Amcw63O

Attached: EDkKhKuWkAIGccj.jpg (1024x828, 147K)