International Quiz

ITT, post questions of an international nature. Anons try and answer them.

Here's mine, quite easy. What TWO THINGS do the UK, Sweden, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Croatia, Romania, and Bulgaria have in common?

Attached: question.png (1200x1200, 168K)

-don't have the € as currency
-all are part of the EU

It can't be English proficiency because 98% of the Hungarians living in Hungary are unable to.

Bulgaria indexed its own money to the Euro and the UK is leaving for sure.

Indeed, well done. Probably too easy.

The German is right. Regardless of indexing and Britain's potential departure, right now they are all EU members who don't use the Euro.

WHAT CLOTHING ITEM IS NAMED AFTER CROATIA?

Alright here's another easy one. What do the countries in pic related have in common?

The German got it, they're all EU members but not Eurozone members.

What clothing items are there named after the UK, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Czechia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria? I'm curious.

Attached: question2.png (1200x1200, 158K)

Oh, croatians got the neck tie named after them. Cravat comes from croat.

EU not Euro?

Uh. I didn't know the Baltics all had the euro already

What do the colored countries have in common?
Bonus: what does each color mean?

Attached: countries.png (2753x1400, 127K)

schengen thing

It's where people go on vacation?

Yeah, it's EU but not Schengen
Although Croatia may join in a few weeks

nope

Find what these two have in common and no one else.

Attached: 8640E173-389E-4157-B696-CF047171753A.png (2644x1436, 105K)

Military alliances at one time?

Ah right. I think I've heard that before.

Yes, the German already got it.

Indeed, they're all in the EU but outside the Schengen Area.

But yes, all of them apart from the UK and Ireland are obliged to join Schengen.

Countries that have won the World Cup

Colour indicates how many times they won it

England/Spain - 1
France/Argentina/Uruguay - 2?
Germany/Italy - 4?
Brazil - 5

Keeping it EU-themed
What's the meaning behind the 12 gold star in the EU flag?

Attached: 1552507745956.jpg (2363x1576, 251K)

nope

Correct

I looked it up the other day, I think the guy who made it just thought that 12 was a great number (it does have good mathematical properties, like being divisible by 2, 3, and 4). Then I think they retroactively said there are 12 principles of the EU or something.

TLDR: I don't know.

Nice. My football knowledge is not hugely extensive but I do know some things.

I would have thought it must be something quite obscure if only those two countries have it in common.

Something to do with a militarised border maybe? (Because didn't Chile and Bolivia fight a war over sea access or something?)

hint?

Hint is that it’s quite related to foreign policy

Are Japanese and Korean more related than Japanese and Chinese? Korean and Chinese?

What is the most recent country in Europe?

How many languages have less than 1000 native speakers?

Oh and it’s something positive

Visa free travel to G8?

gay sex

Yup! The answer I had in my mind though was Visa free travel to both USA and Russia.
Damn, that was quick.

Well, positive/negative might depend on political persuasion, right?

Anyway I may as well guess. Only two countries to diplomatically recognise Taiwan as an independent country or something?

I'm guessing it's going to be that they both do or don't recognise a particular country, or they both do or don't have an embassy/consulate for a particular country. Maybe.

shithole

>Are Japanese and Korean more related than Japanese and Chinese? Korean and Chinese?
Maybe Japanese and Korean are more related because of the Japanese occupation of Korea? I don't know, just guessing.

>What is the most recent country in Europe?
Kosovo?

>How many languages have less than 1000 native speakers?
Does that include dead languages like Latin? I dunno, let's guess 1,000.

Japanese and Korean aren't actually related at all. Old Japanese and old Korean are very different, both influenced from Chinese, then Korean influenced from Japanese. So Korean and Chinese are more closely related than Japanese.

Bonus: Which European language is thought to be from the same family as Korean?

>Kosovo
Yep.

>Does that include dead languages like Latin? I dunno, let's guess 1,000.
Close. No dead languages considered.

We pretty much have the Euro just under a different name soon we will be adopting the euro itself and joining Schengen. I mean that's pretty much the end goal for further integration of the EU.

Yeah I know that Korean and Japanese are both influenced from Chinese. I didn't know that this necessarily made Korean culture more closely related to Chinese than Japanese, though, especially considering the Japanese influence on Korea, but I guess that was for a relatively short period.

>Which European language is thought to be from the same family as Korean?
Man. I have no idea. I would have thought they're in completely different families.

>Close. No dead languages considered.
1,500?

Finnish?

Depends on what you see as "european", I think besides the theories of a isolate language its sometimes considered a Makro-altaic language so it would include turkish and kazakh?

Another question. What do these countries have in common?

Don't google it. If you google it I'll be able to tell. Probably.

Attached: question3.png (1425x625, 44K)

niggers?

Yep Turkish. Both altaic languages.
Japanese isn't really considered altaic, I think linguists still argue over this theory.

Finnish is uralic.

It's closer because Korea borrowed Chinese writing for a while and some loan words were taken. Japanese did too but they changed a lot of the words around, have different readings, and their language already had a writing system while Korea's king made hangul to stop using Chinese. Something like 50% of Korean words have exact Chinese Mandarin equivolents. But the grammar is different.

Gotta admit, I had to look it up.