Step outside to take out the trash

>step outside to take out the trash
>foggy, mild, and 64 degrees
>why can't the weather be like this all the time.jpg
What's the weather in your country/locale like at the moment?

Attached: feelsgoodman.png (1480x832, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amusingplanet.com/2015/10/alaskas-giant-vegetables.html
josestraveltales.com/3-places-to-admire-autumn-colours-near-barcelona/
theguardian.com/environment/2015/nov/22/why-are-autumn-leaves-yellow-in-europe-red-in-north-america
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>64 degrees

>64 degrees

>64 degrees

It is sunny but already much cooler than in summer (10-20 C currently). Also autumn starts everywhere, the trees have already started to change their colour, it smells nice... This is truly the best season.

its gonna be 83 today and tomorrow and the rest of the week will be 70's

anything below 20C is unpleasant

8°C pretty nice

>It is sunny but already much cooler than in summer (10-20 C currently)
It's summer for another week, Osman.

t. caribean n*gger

Dejame adivinar.. cuando niño eras rubio

I don't know when trees lose their leaves in Germany but in Pennsylvania you don't see them turn color until October. Usually most of them are green until mid-month and only then start to change.

It varies. In southern Germany the trees lose their leaves later than in the northern parts I think. Also it obviously depends on the species. Anyway, it has only started this week and so far I have only seen one kind of tree turning yellow. It is enough to set the mood though, since this tree is everywhere where I live.

Walnuts are usually the first things to lose their leaves in the first week of October and willows some of the last, not until the second or third week of November. It has to do with the day length.

Also there's bazillions of invasive Norway Maples here (not invasive in its natural habitat in Europe) and they have yellow fall leaves and are very late, they lose theirs at the same time as willows. In Europe this will be earlier since the latitude is higher. When it's down to about 10 hours and 30 minutes of daylight, they start turning colors. In Pennsylvania that point is reached on October 31. In central Germany it's about October 20.

Dogwoods are turning reddish brown in August. But they only have nice foliage in spring anyway, by June it looks kinda nasty.

bad weather is nature's way of telling migrants to fuck off back where they came from

That's interesting. I should have mentioned that I live in a city and the trees that I was talking about are in a street that is surrounded by rather tall buildings. So maybe the lack of direct sunlight has something to do with it.

Germany varies in latitude from 47 north in the southern area to 54 in the northern part. That would make a difference of roughly 4-5 days on when trees start changing colors.

It's hazy.

I looked it up, the trees I was talking about are lime trees I think.

Willows are well known for being the first things to leaf out in spring and the last to drop their leaves in fall.

Sometimes they plant them here as ornamentals, I saw them in a parking strip once. There's only one American species while Europe has a bunch. They also require close to 15 hours of daylight to flower, so they won't grow properly in the South as day length down there doesn't ever get long enough to initiate flowering. In Pennsylvania they flower in June, I guess in Germany it's earlier since 15 hour days are reached in early May.

Germany is way farther north, so days are quite a bit shorter than in Pennsylvania. Trees lose their leaves with reduced sunlight

>tfw live in a city that I rarely leave
>Hardly any trees around
>Don't get to see leaves change until I go far out of the city
>By the time I do, leaves are already gone

I know.

For most spring-blooming stuff that requires 13 hours of daylight, it doesn't change that much at Europe's higher latitude. For summer plants it does make a difference and stuff will bloom/leaf out earlier since long days are reached quicker than in the US. For fall leaf drop, you're looking at a difference of maybe 2-3 weeks, it's not that huge.

One quirk of Europe's higher latitude is that the long summer days mean green vegetables grow bigger due to the amount of sunlight received.

amusingplanet.com/2015/10/alaskas-giant-vegetables.html

Alaska, but illustrates this principal (Scandinavia is about at the same latitude).

In the South, the fall is reallllly long and trees often won't lose their leaves until November or even December.

Poinsettas bloom in December.

>Walnuts are usually the first things to lose their leaves in the first week of October
They start dropping leaves when you get to under 12 hours of daylight. This is basically always the last week of September no matter where you are. However, walnuts are late to put out leaves in spring and need around 14 hours. The further south you are, the later this is, so bizarre as it sounds, they leaf out in June in Texas and late April in New England.

I live in southern italy, it's still around 30 degrees and sunny here (though much more bearable than august) and autumn won't start until late october/november so yeah, fuck everything

subhuman

Naples is 40 north, same as Pennsylvania. Though a lot of the plants down there are evergreen since the winters are very mild.

Still around 30 during the day but mornings are very nice. It's also pretty humid

Attached: w.jpg (616x461, 56K)

It's 17 degrees right now and raining. It's nice because it never reaches 30 degrees anymore and I just looked out my window and many trees are starting to become yellow :)

Spain probably has many evergreen plants though especially in the south?

Europe doesn't get as nice fall colors as the northern US due to the higher latitude. The sun is lower in the sky and there's also not many native plants there with red fall foliage.

It has to do with the angle of the sun in the sky. Europe has earlier autumns because the sun drops lower quicker. In Scandinavia fall colors are at their peak in September.

josestraveltales.com/3-places-to-admire-autumn-colours-near-barcelona/

>Autumn in Spain precisely takes place in the months of October and November. The weather gets very pleasant and it is the perfect time to travel around in Spain. Another thing to be happy about is that it wont be that touristy as crowds thin out. This period of the year is truly a pleasurable time to explore the vineyards of Spain’s famous winemaking region and to witness and soak in beautiful autumnal shades.

This sounds about correct. Spain is at the same latitude as the Northeastern US so you should get fall colors at the same time as we do.

Here the sun reaches 40 degrees in the sky in mid-October which as I said is generally when most trees start to turn colors. In Sweden that happens in late August.

Norway Maple breaks bud when the sun is 50 deg. up in the sky+daytime highs of 15 deg or up. In Scandinavia it won't leaf out until about mid-May. In the Northeastern US, the sun reaches 50 deg. around the first day of spring, but it's usually too cold yet so the trees won't break bud until the second or third week of April.

theguardian.com/environment/2015/nov/22/why-are-autumn-leaves-yellow-in-europe-red-in-north-america

East Asia and eastern North America have much more vivid fall colors than Europe, more orange and red (western North America looks less colorful and yellow is more prevalent+a higher percentage of evergreens).