"Finnish national epic"

>"Finnish national epic"
>actually stolen folk poetry of Karelian peasants living in what was then Russia (still is now)

It would be like if the "Spanish national epic" was written in France.

Attached: Inha_runonlaulajat.jpg (1280x938, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yle.fi/uutiset/3-10786073
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnic_peoples
youtu.be/XwR3e2iq9EI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw we don't even have a national epic

Aren't Karelian Finno-Ugric though? Finns probably shared many of those myths before Swedish rule.

Spanish and French are both romance, does that give one the right to steal the culture of the other?

Moromeții I & II

I'm half karelian but 100 % finn. Kalevala belongs to us all. Also Lönrot was a finn and made up like 30 % of Kalevala even if you are an autist about karelians not being finns there's still alot of finnish contribution in Kalevala)

t.yle.fi/uutiset/3-10786073

you mean like the anglo-saxon national epic being written by and featuring swedes and danes?

>yle.fi/uutiset/3-10786073
> Ei voi sanoa, että Lönnrot keräsi runot pelkästään Venäjän karjalaisilta ja kokosi Kalevalan. Lönnrot matkusti ympäri Suomeakin, Pohjanmaalla, Suomen Karjalassa ja Savossa, Stepanova luettelee.
b-b-b-but muh cultural appropriation!!111 karelia pride!11

>"Turkish national epic"
>actually stolen folk poetry of Oghuz nomads living in what was then in Azerbaijan (still is now)

It would be like if the "German national epic" was written in Austria.

Attached: dede_korkut.jpg (602x900, 102K)

Well Spain and France do share a common heritage known as Greco-Roman culture, and a religion known as Christianity.
As far as I know, the Spanish national epic is centered around the Reconquista, while the French one is about Charlemagne and his paladins. Both are about fighting Muslims.

What you gonna do bout it bitch? Its OURS now

OP is a seething russian on his annual trip across the border to get proper cheese from Tokmanni.

No he's Tuomo Kondie

>Finnish national epic
Is it even good?

>Bulgarian national epic
>bunch of outlaw incels fighting the based cCc Ottoman empire cCc and finding no support from the other Bulgarians

Tuomo BTFO'd

It's a collection of tales and poems from all over Finland, so some might find it a bit tedious to read. People like to romantisize it a lot, but you'd expect that from a national epic. It tells the history of creation pretty well, as ancient Finns saw it. It's interesting. It's still worth reading if you're into that stuff, it's a nice time capsule if nothing else.

Just read the Don Rosa version.

karelians are finnish

Yes we are. Kalevala belong to all tribes of Finns.

This. Now go back to Mongolia. Also take Estonians and Hungarians with you.

Oh a German advocating for ethnic cleansing, how quaint. Also we were here first.

Shut the fuck up filthy pajeet

Attached: Indo-European-speaking_world.png (4500x2234, 194K)

yes, now if only we could eradicate the sl*ve menace, though i do fear that it might be too late

Danish should be an official language in Estland.

>from all over Finland

You mean from Karelia.

Cope.

Like saying "Dutch are Germans". Karelians are Karelians.

Karelians in Russia don't exist anymore Russians genocided them. They are 2% of the population in the so-called Karelian Republic.
Finland is considerably more Karelian than that.

>"Lithuanian national epic"
>doesn't exist
fucking nuke us

Attached: 1556646873484.jpg (772x1024, 613K)

there are probably more finno-ugric people in russia than finland

Yours is about fighting basques
The Spanish one is a political war based around the reconquest of the old visigothic family titles against enemies who just so happened to be Muslim.

Finno-Ugric is a linguistic group. Karelians in Russia are of Finnish stock and some Bjarmian, who were a Saami people. They are genetically close to Savonian Finns who are fellow mixes of ancient Finns and Saami.

not even close unless you are some mentally stunted mongrelist who considers a 16% udmurt slavshit finnic

>that feel when we share a national epic with America

>Karelians in Russia don't exist anymore
It doesn't change the facts of the case. The epic was written long before both world wars and russian civil war.
You finns were speaking swedish and worshipping another Carl (put a number here) when karelians kept their customs and legends.

Forgot pic

Attached: 398px-Evangeline_statue_St_Martinville_Louisiana_closeup_trim.jpg (398x599, 33K)

all finns originated from the urals and migrated to finland from there

We are all thankful that they did and Lönnrot made it there just in time before Russification destroyed everything. There was effort on the part of Finland in the 20s to save Viena from Russians but Mannerheim wasn't committed.

Are you fucking inbred?

no, i just read
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnic_peoples

All people originated in africa and migrated from there, therefore there must be more people im africa than the rest of the world

what? why are you being so defensive? you obviously share nothing in common with africans in terms of language and appearance, but you do with people from the urals. i dont think i said anything extraordinary

Attached: HOjbEaOZ.jpg (227x222, 8K)

Finns don't have the red hair typical for Urals at the same frequency

>Ei voi sanoa, että Lönnrot keräsi runot pelkästään Venäjän karjalaisilta ja kokosi Kalevalan. Lönnrot matkusti ympäri Suomeakin, Pohjanmaalla, Suomen Karjalassa ja Savossa, Stepanova luettelee.
Also Karelians are one of the Finnish tribes
t.Karelian.

>Oghuz nomads
They're still turks.

>polish national epic
>starts with "O Lithuania my fartherland"

Attached: 1564401419673.jpg (960x774, 98K)

This.
So you admit that you basically stole Karelian culture and called it "Finnish"?

Karelian culture is Finnish culture and Kalevala is the cultural heritage of all Finns.
I also think Estonians have a right to Kalevala since we Finns come from Estonia at least as far as our culture and language is concerned. Väinämöinen himself was probably an Estonian man from Saaremaa.

Why are you ignoring the fact that Kalevala isn't just made up of Karelian poems? Do you also know that the Soviet union gave all Karelians permission to stay in the USSR but pretty much none stayed? Your grandparents came to the CULTURALLY APPROPRIATING EVIL FINNISH NATIONALIST state willingly and gladly.

>Väinämöinen himself was probably an Estonian man from Saaremaa.
... what

Him being from Väinämeri the sea of straits is one of the explanations for his name. There's also Väinäjoki in Latvia but that might be less likely.

The connection between Finns and Estonians used to be very strong. It can still be seen in proper south-western dialects that still share a lot in common with Estonian (even more so than standard Finnish).

America has a national epic?

>America has a national epic?
No, we don't.

Yes. youtu.be/XwR3e2iq9EI

The way I understood it is that Turku dialect in particular was influenced by Estonian, but Estonian itself is more different from old Estonian than Finnish is since they lost things like vowel harmony and in general dumbed it down so even a German could learn it.

Then Technically Latvias national Epic was also stolen..from Russians as we where part of Russia.
Odd logic,Simmo Kakalainnenn

Attached: 9f1e78ff96320241cfc5954fa3989f91.jpg (450x378, 45K)

Not the same thing at all.

Karelia has been part of Russia since the 1200s. They're a different tribe. It's like stealing stories from Estonians.

>Karelian culture is Finnish culture

Like saying Dutch culture is German culture. Retarded.

Tolkien loved it

>Russia since the 1200s
That is also when we got Crusaders here and became a part of German Livonia.
> They're a different tribe
Let's see Andrejs Pumpurs was from Vidzeme and he put Latvian stories, mythology in to his story...so I am from Courland and would not be considered as coming form the same people as him? Lāčplēsis is not my heritage ?

Attached: Pasaka-par-Lacplesi-10.jpg (830x1140, 181K)

The verses of Kalevala are collected from all over Finland, not just Karelia.

You don't have 'a' national epic. You have five. I don't know if any of them are official though.

calling the kalevala russian is like calling turanism chinese just because china conquered mongolia

You don't know anything about the subject. A lot of Finns moved to White Sea Karelia after 1200s and brought their Kalevala tradition with them. The local dialect is less divergent from Finnish for that reason than the other East Karelian dialects.