Any Toronto's in?

what's it like living in the six?
btw do you guys actually call it that?

Attached: Toronto.jpg (540x360, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5246407
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't Toronto described as the world's first cultureless city or something along those lines? Either way it's probably one of the most reddit cities on earth.

I like it. It only sucks if you live in the shitty parts of town where all the recent refugees have seemed to moved into. Tbh the amount of hijabs I’ve see when I go to downtown has grown in the last 10 years which is pretty disheartening. I remember it used to be pretty rare. There’s also way more international chinese students than usually in the last few years. You can tell they aren’t Chinese-Canadians cause they wear their expensive mismatched outfits like long skirts with white fila sneakers. But overall, it’s a pretty safe city and there’s lots do around here and lots of good restaurants to try from. There are some really pretty neighbourhoods too. For a tourist or a newcomer, people are pretty nice and approachable. If you get lost and ask someone for directions, they’re usually more than willing to help you get there.

good summary, however..*ahem*

FUCK PARKDALE

I forgot to add that only zoomies and some millennials call Toronto the 6ix. It was a term coined by Drake so the older generations aren’t used to calling Toronto the 6ix, if anything they would called the tdot.

Toronto is supposed to be really nice. Imagine Chicago, without the murders, and instead of the Bears they all love the Leafs.

I would live there for couple of year if I got a job there.
t.Vancouverite

What’s wrong with Parkdale? I’m from the west end of Toronto so I’ve never really been to Parkdale. My friend’s bf lives there and she says it’s really nice.

It’s nothing like Chicago because Chicago actually used to be an important city back in the day. Toronto has pretty much no greystones for example

Can any Torontoian redpill me on Richmond Hill? A guy I know is from there and he appreantly lives in $2 million house with double garages

IT'S A SHITHOLE PLEASE GOD GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE

I fucked a girl from there who unironically called it t dot

Lots of Russians moved up there when the houses were cheaper. Now the houses are more expensive with lots of Arabs moving in it seems. I went there during the summer and I saw hijabs everywhere. It’s sort of like a rich suburb with lots of pretty houses.

So you fucked a MILF?

t. Scarborough

I'll trade with you
I live in a "comfy" town in the middle of nowhere but it gets colder here and the 900mph winds are really getting to me

Attached: sheridan wyo.jpg (800x482, 112K)

> shitty parts

Lol I live in Scarborough

It's pretty generic. Just like any other big American city. Imagine Vancouver, without nice nature

Alright thx alot

>Can any Torontoian redpill me on Richmond Hill
You know that meme with a white beta paired up with a hideous asian fob he thinks is a super model? Multiply that across that an entire suburban development.

I remember you. Come to the west end. There’s less pajeets and arabs here.

>it's getting cold
dude, there are gang shootings happening almost everyday now in this hellhole.

You’re like one of those boomers that exaggerate all the bad shit for no reason. You probably live in Rosedale where there’s zero poor refugees and complain that you have to see them everyday.

>the west end

Attached: 1528662932398.png (310x492, 264K)

I see haha

Attached: dedulybaetsyafoto.jpg (2065x1735, 318K)

toronto is the most mid-tier city ever
it does everything 'okay', but there's nothing toronto does that another Canadian city doesn't do better
and no one calls it the six
it is worth noting that the closer you get to the city centre, the less syllables you'll hear
it's not uncommon to hear it pronounced "tron-oh"

But there wasn't violence like this 20 years ago, it was mostly fiste fights, stabbings and gun violence usually happened in remote places. Now we have drive by shootings, shootings in parks in broad daylight. It's just like a US city.

>But there wasn't violence like this 20 years ago
Toronto was pretty violent in the 90s ackshually

>It's just like a US city

Attached: 1568223374178.gif (400x388, 1.54M)

Yes, but it wasn't reckless like now. Didn't some guy was shot dead by two other from outside a Mcdonald not long ago? It's a miracle nobody else was hurt.

bump

tfw born and raised in LA, it's got it's ups and downs. but man Toronto sounds like a boring and unremarkable city, and i cringe when it gets called "the six". DESU, the only good city in Canada is Montreal.

clearly you've never been to Vancouver

Montreal isn't even the best city in Quebec. It's a post-industrial shithole.

>Now we have drive by shootings, shootings in parks in broad daylight.
I agree that gun violence has increased but you’re acting like it people get shot in the street at broad daylight every day. If that were the case, no one would wanna go outside anymore.

>the less syllables you'll hear
it's not uncommon to hear it pronounced "tron-oh"
R-rude

>vancouver
sounds like a shitty version of San Diego

No of course not, I meant violence is dealt way casualy than it used to. You didn't see that many children and teenagers shot because they happened to be walking by before

more like a much more superior version of Seattle, which is already the best city on the west coast

I say that only because it's the easiest way to distinguish toronto natives from the people who fell for the hype elsewhere in the country
No offence intended

It would be nice, if regular people could afford to live there

someday i will mark my words

>Seattle
Yea ok antifa

What?

I guess you’re kinda right. Thankfully this mostly only happens at the shitty parts of the city. The police are taking action right now and are supposed to post results of their efforts in November to see if their plan worked at all. google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5246407

im gonna live in vancouver

It's like Vancouver without the nature or Montreal without the culture. Oh and it's twice as expensive. Fuck pooronto

>amp

Attached: 1467223757868.jpg (335x438, 90K)

Shuddup I’m phoneposting and lazy

Seattle is shit. Vancouver seems better.
San Francisco is the best West coast city.

I work at the nuclear plant making mad money lmao at the poor fags living in toronto.

Attached: 55917967_225698261724757_6985069306165434270_n_crop_48.jpg (640x427, 64K)

You wanna spare me some money maybe? :)

its an expensive shit hole.
rent is too high, housing is unaffordable
not many well paying jobs, places are asking for bachelors and masters degrees for $15/hr
women are so stuck up and are only willing to date for status
traffic is a nightmare, constantly congested streets and unreliable subways
big time fag culture
would not recommend

It's not that expensive dude. Houses like actual single family homes are expensive but condos aren't that bad. And Vancouver is weird because real Vancouver is just a small city while the metro area includes Burnaby, North Van, Coquitlam, Port Moody, New West, Surrey etc. There's a lot of cities in the Metro area that are more affordable and it's not like these metro areas are far. Burnaby is literally 15 minutes from downtown, New West is 35-40 minutes. The other cities in the metro just never incorporated with Vancouver so whenever you see an average home costs 1.2 million in Vancouver it's really just the City of Vancouver and not always Metro Vancouver. I can still rent an apartment downtown for 1.5-1.8k a month CAD which is about 1200-1300 USD every month and that's cheap as fuck compared to 99% of cities.

>not many well paying jobs, places are asking for bachelors and masters degrees for $15/hr
Good thing I work in healthcare

>places are asking for bachelors and masters degrees for $15/hr
Pay is shit compared to any American city but there's no way that's true.

It isn't the guy is full of shit. I got 18.50/hr at a coop job over the summer and my starting wage at another company after getting my degree was 25/hr and i've been slowly progressing from that.

AHAHHAHHAHAHHA
I only have a technical diploma and a trade and making 56$/hr.
My rent is only 700%

Attached: images (8).jpg (224x225, 9K)

My parents 1800 square foot attached townhouse, in a far suburb is $7-800,000. It's statistically one of the worst places in N America, for affordability.

I literally rake in 8500$ a month after taxes. Fucking poor fags lmao. Enjoy living in that shithole in Toronto proper.

Attached: images (5).jpg (225x225, 12K)

Dont buy then and if you do buy a condo. 500k, 2 bedroom, 2 bath and i'm a 15 minute commute from work near waterfront station.

Why are you defending the high prices?

This, we should be focusing on ways to fight the housing prices crises

Because if you want to live somewhere nice you'll pay a premium. It's also not as expensive as everyone says when I can get a condo pretty much downtown Vancouver for the same price as a house in some shithole suburb 30 minutes outside of most american cities. It's all relative and relatively Vancouver isn't that expensive.

Everything we try gets turned down by old people. Try and build more housing here and it'll take 20 years of studies and checks and making sure nobodies feelings get hurt. All the affordable housing was built in the 70s and 80s and we haven't built shit since.

That makes sense, but Vancouver isn't great enough to justify the current prices.
Something in the way of government intervention needs to happen

Our government can't interfere. Zoning is a municipal issues and the municipalities are elected based on not changing and preserving character. Also Vancouver is awesome if you're an outdoors lover. Municipal governments need to be abolished

We literally need to rezone the majority of the single family home areas in metro Vancouver, to apartment buildings, and just build 10's of thousands of subsidized housing units

It's miserable. Absolutely miserable. Apply to Walmart to stock boxes and you'll be in a selection pool of like 60 people in group interviews for one position. The people in this city commute an hour and a half each way then spend their free time watching Netflix. It's a theme park, feel free to visit to see the sights and exotic deep fried foods but there's no building a life in Disneyland.

>Apply to Walmart to stock boxes and you'll be in a selection pool of like 60 people in group interviews for one position.
Stop lying lmao. I got a job at McDonalds during my second year of uni in 2 weeks cause they desperately needed people. It’s all about where you’re looking.

I love vancouver but last time I went there I realized I had no clue what to do so most mornings were spent finding places to look at
What's some stuff in Toronto that's actually worth looking at?

Scarborough, ended up commuting to Pickering instead.

Distillery district, Waterfront/Harbourfront, High Park, CN tower, Ripley’s Aquarium, Kensington Market, the graffiti alley, St. Lawrence Market, Casa Loma, Fort York, Yorkville etc.

You know you need to be at least conversational in Spanish to live in Florida, Texas and California? Toronto is like that but with Mandarin

>going to Pickering for a minimum wage job
Are you still looking for a job? I can help you look for one

No you don’t?

it's culturally anglo-american. perhaps not racially so.

You don’t need at all.
Although unironcially some jobs have mandarin as a preferred language as a requirement

This is false
t. has seen both Vancouver and Toronto

not really
and with spanish that's really only a few towns in florida, but spanish will get you far in the other two states
you literally don't know shit lol

I did find a job in my field... IN BARRIE. Fuck Scarborough. It's just one big suburb where I don't speak the local language. I even hear they're converting the Walmart in the Golden mile into condos. That's like the only thing here.

seething chinkoids

You know the funny part is despite how many immigrants this city has, their children become super canadianized. Even the Muslims here do shit they aren’t supposed (drink, drugs, have sex) and have English as their first language while having difficulty speaking their parents language.

I’m a non faggot millennial born in Toronto and I just call it Toronto.

What ?

london

You didn’t dispute him. Toronto has no culture and Canada in general as no culture except for Quebec and the maritimes.

Who gives a fuck I rather live somewhere with no culture than somewhere that is shit

>muh culture
Not our fault anglos have zero culture so immigrants have to stick to their own.

Its culture is signalling to your peers how interesting and important you are because of your political opinions you read on Buzzfeed or the CBC.

If you don't think the Vinyl Cafe is the greatest radio show ever then leave my country

What are you a boomer ? Hmmm

We should have a Toronto meetup

No.

>listening to the state run radio

Attached: mh79c4nqi6i31.png (454x520, 11K)

I’m afraid to see the results to be honest

Well how many Toronto posters here are non white?

Mid twenties desu

Im the rich gook but I only live in Shithole Toronto because of my job at Morgan Stanley.

Probally a good portion but it’s not even that.
What would we even talk about ?

This board doesn’t even have an actual then to it. Nobody actually cares about international discussion

Most, the whites ones are mostly Slavs or Irish trash I bet.ie subhumans

* theme