/smg/ - Stock Market General

I sold yesterday and it rebounded today edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw [Open] [Open] [Open] [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE [Open] [Open] [Open] [Open]

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: B33E16A5-9BF3-4156-852F-C626404DB90C.jpg (274x274, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t83E2bShyW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Boys i dont think im cut out for options trading, back to dividend harvesting

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I COULDVE BROKE EVEN!!!!!!!!!

First for your color of the day

Attached: bob_ross_bogdanoff_red.png (1243x839, 567K)

Based GIS

Attached: xix.png (742x416, 729K)

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE WEED DREAM DIED? DONALD TRUMP DECLARES INVESTMENT IN MARIJUANA COMPANIES AKIN TO CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY AND SAYS ALL INVESTORS WILL BE HUNTED DOWN AND ELIMINATED!

Should I buy different dividend stocks or just all in one (thinking F)?

TRXC is breaking out again thanks to the power of meme magic.

Attached: magic.gif (387x305, 499K)

Can someone explain what the color of the numbers mean? Sometimes it goes up buy it's red and goes down but it's green. I thought it was the purchase\sale but there are white colors too.

Attached: Screenshot_20180919-094128.png (480x854, 93K)

NBEV plumetting, no one seems as eager to catch the knife today

Diversify, even in dividends

EA is tanking, my puts my be saved
praise jesus

just all in one shitty company and then keep doubling down on dips until you're either rich or destitute

Just spent 500 bucks on GALT shares. I hope this pans out!

>people talk about dividend stocks
>some asshole comes in and recommend F

Every fucking time

Attached: 0e6.jpg (600x394, 24K)

I SOLD HALF MY GLD TO BUY THIS XFY WHERE THE FUCK IS IT!!!!!

>he fell for the tariff meme

Attached: 1512240787963.jpg (399x385, 29K)

Me too buddy

Attached: 1525916950307.jpg (400x587, 33K)

Based GALT

>THE MARKET WAS SUPPOSED TO GO DOWN
>THIS IS IRRATIONAL
>SEPTEMBER CRASH REEE

I honestly believe F will die in my lifetime. I just really don’t like the things they’ve been doing lately. I hope I’m wrong though.

T KO GE what else do you expect?

Australis Capital begins trading in 11 minutes. Aurora is green this morning so i expect some pumping.

I hear AMD pays dividends

stay out of those old man stocks, especially KO

i almost bought tvix calls tuesday, so glad i didnt

All trucks and no cars will be their demise. gas prices rise and they are finished.

I feel like most of the stuff people say effects the whole market is bullshit. It might hurt a few spots but they're always correct g themselves or saying in spite of X they were warning about. Like theyre spouting politics like the rest of the media.

KO is getting into muh dude weed tho, im sure it will be profitable for them. Until congress shuts it down.

congrats, you are on the first step to actually making money in the market

At least KO and T actually grow their dividends

They still make that hybrid.

you think the market will still be in uptrend at the end of december or downtrend? that's when I can invest

DELETE THIS

How well do hybrids sell?

Anyone who answers this with any certainty is lying to you.

If the Blue Wave fails expect some market sabotage

SPX 3000 by december

I only play options and uwt/dwt so it's not like they could help. They always wait until after the run to day how its going to do and then they act like they called it. Unless uwt is futures in which case they just watch it so they can claim to see what's going to happen to normal stuff. DWT had a 2 day 10% run and on the third day they said oil would do well, where it dropped 8%.

Because the world doesn’t need trucks? You clearly don’t understand how large company truck fleets get in most businesses

Why did I buy AMZN near ath reeee. Buy high sell low is were it's at.

probably really well when you have a choice of an f150 or a fusion hybrid. what color would you like that in? black? good that's all we make.

vix under 12. buy ur insurance, eat your vegetables.

I thought politics mattering to the markets was just a meme?

nobody in the financial media has ever traded or will ever trade anything. Anyone that appears on financial media has alternative reason for talking up their positions or trying to unload their positions

You will never be ahead of the curve or find investabe ideas from some media retard

The bond market thinks long term uptrend since the 10y yoelds are going up. At the very least you have three months after a bond curve inversion before the recession hits.

So most likely positive long term trend over a two year or longer horizon.

>market sabotage
Yeah, that's what they said would happen if Hil lost

Attached: 1501452930949.png (500x374, 218K)

No plan 4 2 day
At doctors x.x

Attached: 68fc94127e50d0fd73eec8b62585b500.jpg (800x600, 84K)

Is that why everyone's hyping Amazon to me? Just waiting for that ER where they have to admit they can't spread out into other continents.

What’s a good stock under 2 bucks I can blow 70 bucks on

When the price of gas goes up, hybrids tend to sell pretty well.

Finally a green day for AMD?

It's slightly over that, but XXII

I mean it will probably go up because weed lmao and you'll double your money before people find out it's a shit industry

No see you at 0

Why under $2? DWT looks like its going to do another reversal for like the 4th market day in a row. But it's 6.

there’s a guy in these threads constantly shilling rite aid

youtube.com/watch?v=t83E2bShyW0
GL

TNK. Buy under $1, sell when it goes above. Repeat.

BAC is BACK

When is the FED shitpost? Looks like the markets arent moving much up or down.

Holy shit. This thing is going to trip circuit breaker very quickly at this rate. +30% from open and climbing.

Those things are going to get slaughtered in rising interest rate environment, only reason they get those type of valuations is because scared money managers park money their for the yield. No chance they don't get sold with increasing rates. Those companies growth rates are way below normal economic growth

>sold TLRY
>made 3k
Life is good.

Attached: A30FFB32-C1A6-4287-AC49-9ACD4683B836.jpg (1663x791, 327K)

Might do it just for the fuck of it

the 26th
the only things it really effects are dividend friends, banks, and bonds action

last time F almost died the gubberment literally stepped in and bailed them out so I’d say it’s probably not that realistic for them to die

they might get a spike in value once the tesla fad dies out

can a NEET apply for Head of Household?

I could save a ton on taxes on capital gains if I file as one. Does the iRS even bother investigating?

>praise me

Attached: 43e2ae1e5136f3021a2a96faba45eead.jpg (650x366, 19K)

Financials love increasing yield curve spread, basically a licence to print money

+40%. No resistance on level 2 yet.

Dividend stocks have already Tanked larger than ever the past 2 years in response to rising interest rates
Its time to buy the dips

Holy shit NIO is going up some too

Disagree I'd rotate to pure US centric growth, but GL

Just jumped off NBEV at 3.65. Nice little gain.

>Does the iRS even bother investigating?
yes? It’s called an “audit”

NBEV 3.60 and running

Attached: 1537288198339.png (483x581, 256K)

Ausa is a scam right? Low volume.

Twtr death spiral going on right now
SELL SELL SELL

twitter, facebook, snapchat - any company that their product is ADVERTISING is shit.

TWTR no in trouble until under $28

I got fomo twtr and EA puts going otm hard , tempted to get out

Sold half at +40%. This is officially the fastest and most successful flip i have ever traded. 13 minute hold.

Google's product is advertising. If I didn't have the company I'd invest in it

It’s a low buy-in high dividend stock that hovers in a safe price range. Isn’t that exactly what someone looks for in a dividend stock?

no they look for Dividend growth rates, otherwise you are better off buying some floating rate Bond etf

It's a company that might fucking die if electric and sells driving cars take over soon

Like literally you might end up with worthless stock in ten years

I'm okay with assessments grounded with "most likely" and "highly probable" and other things like that. I'd say "most likely" things will still be going well myself. As I'm sure you're aware though, people make a lot of very tenuous claims about market direction and the certainty of that direction. To someone like the person I was replying to who is new to this and doesn't really understand the probabilistic nature of markets, they could be greatly misled. Especially here, where people might just outright troll them.

the thing is with twtr is that like you’d think trump using their platform as a part of his campaign would put them on the map but jesus fucking christ they must have chimps running the place ffs because twtr is always just getting beat up

i still think with twtr attacking new platforms like gab, they are bound to tank, its just a matter of when.

AMD bounce imminent.

AUSA surging again. I wonder if +100% is out of the question today?

what makes you think that F wouldn’t just start making electric and self driving cars themselves once they think there’s a market for midrange ones and electric cars arent just a status symbol for your boss to drive anymore
>Like literally you might end up with worthless stock in ten years
it’s already below 10 lmao the worst you can possibly end up is -9 per share. Like mathmatically you’re only so exposed.

NBEV broke 4. Hope some anons got in at 3.10

I've made my shekels shorting TLT. Easiest 50% trade in my life.

ACB +12%
WEED +5%

AUSA stalling temporarily at +45%.

AUSA, is that the ACB spinoff?

NBEV is officially there

Stoner money inbound

Attached: dude.png (706x341, 14K)

how low will EA go? die you faggot sjw company!

Attached: excitement.gif (394x310, 3.77M)

>Nbev
DoI buy in now? Do I wait for the giant dip? WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?

Attached: 1534123212227.gif (964x912, 98K)

Is it still possible to make money off of NBEV?

NBEV is weed, so its irrational, but it could easily break 5 today

Also it's dipping right now so watch it and time it well