I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LEARN JAPANESE FOR 2 YEARS WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LEARN JAPANESE FOR 2 YEARS WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD

Attached: 0c3.png (540x470, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O27TgLW6pCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Japanese is not useful. Learn spanish instead

expound on your idea of "trying"

it's hard because you're an anglophone devil and your brain is wired with the most retarded language on earth

You can't learn Japanese

Attached: kizuna ai presents the smug face.jpg (889x779, 127K)

>weeb tries to learn weeb language

Read the sticky.

2 years? Either you are not trying at all or you really get into the hard stuff which is arguably not even needed.

ganbatte whitu deviru

Forget the kanji first.
You can understand even sentences with only hiragana or katakana

English is the greatest and most efficient language this world has ever seen. Anyone who would disagree with this notion is a brainlet and most likely has originated from the third world.

BAKA GAIJIN EL AMERICANO

Because you're an Amerimutt.

Agree

Your language is too bloated
>amiable
>amicable
So similar and basically means the same damn thing

What the fuck is up with the kanji? Why use characters looking like a game of mikado when simple hiragana would do? This is just to keep us gaijins out, isn't it?

Attached: 5885755-pick-up-sticks-mikado-game.jpg (1300x866, 111K)

>Japanese
>Hard

Attached: 1556037354790.png (400x400, 103K)

I passed the N1 after two years, my mark was a shameful 120/180 though.

Reading Sentence using kanji is much easier to read.
Reading hiragana or katakana-only texts is like cryptanalysis.
Reading is possible, but it is a little difficult to understand.

youtube.com/watch?v=O27TgLW6pCU

i learned english so easily but i feel like i will never learn japanese

Attached: 920x920.jpg (920x595, 30K)

Japanese can decipher Japanese sentences written only in Roman letters.
However, it takes a little time.

speaking it from birth doesn't count japa sao paulino

Attached: つづく.jpg (640x640, 53K)

>What the fuck is up with the kanji?
because reading niprunes with only hiragana is hell itself. kanji make it faster to read and distinguishes between homophones. if you don't know a word, if you know the two kanji it's composed of you can reason out a meaning and the guess will be pretty close most of the time. i can even pronounce shit i've never seen before if i know the two readings.

are you too brainlet to learn 3000 moonrunes?

kanji are beautiful and are the reason i started learning nip. chinks destroyed theirs with simplification, now it's ugly gommunist-scratchings.
>wanting to converse with the toilet scrubber

>kanji make it faster to read and distinguishes between homophones. if you don't know a word, if you know the two kanji it's composed of you can reason out a meaning and the guess will be pretty close most of the time.
同意

Kanji has been simplified at times as well although not as thoroughly as Hànzì. Besides simplified looks more aesthetic from a contemporary minimalist perspective.

Japanese?
no thank you I am learning Chinese instead because I'm not an autist that thinks watching children's cartoons as an adult is normal, you weeaboo freak

Attached: Mulan-Liu-Yifei.jpg (1080x1350, 1.27M)

say something in japanese.

My gf doesn't want me to watch the new Mulan movie that is coming out but I am tempted to watch it discreetly one night after work

Don't bother learning kanji past the basics. Why are you learning Japanese, anyway?

This is bad advice. Kanji isn't hard. As a second language speaker you need to pick up vocabulary via reading. If you don't learn kanji you can't do this.

Immersion learning nibba
It's how I become a polyglot

>letting your girlfriend tell you what you can and can't watch
yikes dude
just tell her she's not your fucking mom, bitches don't have the right to tell you what to do

Attached: consider the following.jpg (569x428, 25K)

Japanese is super easy and if you can't learn it you're probably too dumb to learn anything

better do what she says or she might not let you out of your cage

ちょっと書いてみるけどからかわないでね
この言語は理不尽すぎてもう無理だよ
自信が全然なくなったし、鬱病のせいかわからないけど、体の具合も崩したし
つまり日本語が大嫌いだよ
アニメを一回も見なかったらよかったのに

>全然
また間違えたな
もう泣くしかない

You east asians have it easy since grammar, vocabulary are similar

全然普通に、自然に通じるぞアメカス
自信持てよ

いやかなり上手いじゃん

>自信が全然なくなった

間違えてない。
厳密に言えば間違いかもしれないが、
現代的な日本語としては全然間違えてない。

Isn't it easier to just use 26 letters.. Instead of all those small scribbles.

>hurrr i wanna be a english teacher i nappan! xD
so fucking basic bitch of you
become a Jow Forumsness instructor like me

おいおい、下らねえこと垂れ流してんじゃねぇ、こう見えてもな、そんなに難しいことじゃねぇんだよ、お解りになられたかい?

you are a braindead weeb incel

The vast majority of Japanese people can't even past lvl 1 of the Kanji Kentei. Passing lvl 2 is considered good enough to put on a resume. Don't act like you understand it when nips can't.

Cuck

>tfw too much of a pussy and a brainlet to learn japanese
I’ll just wait for google to perfect their translation thing.

>tfw your "read when you understand japanese" folder full of images keeps growing larger and you still can't read most of it
Maybe I should start learning one kanji a day instead of doing nothing

That way I'll be at the 2k mark in about 7 years

Attached: 1544413145463.gif (494x640, 1.05M)

>Level 1
>Tests the ability to read and write all 6355 kanji in levels 1 and 2 of JIS X 0208, with their on readings and kun readings
>6355 Kanji
>6355
Colour me fucking surprised.

The Kanji Kentei is a whole 'nother level, user. Nobody was talking about that

I'll wait for universal translator devices like in star trek

We’ll be old or dead by then.

It doesn't work like that. Your memory is stronger than think. I did the Heisig book learning to write 50 kanji a day, and finished it with over 2000 kanji in a month and a half.

I wouldn't recommend doing that, though. You can easily learn to passively recognize 10 real words a day on average (sometimes more sometimes less). And after two years of that you will have a strong vocabulary and over 2000 kanji without even trying

How would you recommend going about your approach? Heisig as well?

Right now I'm just reading a few pages of Genki every day and while it helps I feel like it isn't preparing me for the kanji I'll have to learn

You need a good purpose for that, so it will motivate you. I know a guy who learned Japanese for half of an year, learning basics for month and reading VNs for the rest time, translating and memorizing kanji while reading. They're also voiced, so he learnt both reading and listening.

Tho his speaking and handwriting skills lacking, he can now perfectly translate Japanese speech and text.

I wouldn't recommend Heisig. It feels like you are learning when you are doing it, but it doesn't translate very well to real Japanese.

Does your textbook write everything in kanji? If so, try to stop looking at the romaji and see if you can recognize the shapes of the kanji. I remember before I started Heisig I could pick out the main ones that were appearing in my textbook like 私 or 僕. It's okay if you can't write them by hand as long as you know what word they refer to.

If you are still really having trouble, maybe just try something like Heisig just to familiarize yourself with the radicals and prove to yourself that you really can do it.

...to expand a little, what I'm trying to say is learning kanji is not separate from learning vocabulary. It doesn't seem like you are learning much kanji in your textbook because you probably aren't learning that many words either. Textbooks are mostly about grammar, and that's okay for a beginner.

But no matter what language you learn you will eventually need to learn around 10k words to be fluent. There are only 2k kanji, and they actually simplify learning Chinese compounds, so it's really not that much extra overhead.

don't worry
we study English at school over 6years (10years incl. university) and cannot speak it fluently

Attached: 7ee.jpg (650x742, 137K)

Because the English language is too difficult for the Japanese people.

>Does your textbook write everything in kanji?
Not everything, and the times it does it usually includes furigana

In any case it can't hurt to check out Heisig to at least get started because otherwise I'd just go check out RTK/Anki or something

wtf? i am not japanese

RTK is Heisig, and you need to use Anki to do it

Best of luck in any case. As long as you don't quit with whatever you do you'll get there eventually

>RTK is Heisig, and you need to use Anki to do it
Oh fug, and here I thought there was a different way to learn kanji than what DJT recommended

>As long as you don't quit with whatever you do you'll get there eventually
Right on

Repeat after me; I am not a dekinai

やべぇ
クソ下手。それは不面目だよ、先輩。
じゅう、じゅうう、じゅうううう。