BTC shorts to high to short ?

short squeezy incomming ?

Attached: btcshorts.png (766x550, 45K)

idk if this meme works anymore

I have no idea what I'm looking at

Retard

greens = shorts incoming

HI. You are gazing on le money snek. He is a snek that's made entirely of money. Normally he's a lively fellow who enjoys a slither about. I hope this answered your question.

its a chart that supposedly tells you how many people are shorting right now ? i dont get the 37,628 part, pretty sure no one is buying at that price

that's what people said when BTC was at 7.4k
then they got fucked in the ass

Attached: sayo-nara.png (1280x720, 1.68M)

it doesn't arthur is getting lazy

It is the number of short orders not the actual price.

It’s actually a pretty good indicator of near future upward movement. If you look at the number of short positions versus the price, when shorts spike that high, it’s almost immediately followed by a short squeeze. Not a ton of historical data before 2017 but shorts were at ATH in Oct 2017, Apr 2018, Aug 2018, and now. The last two times price went up significantly within a week. It’s retarded as fuck to short an asset that’s 70% down from ATH anyway. They’re about to get rekt

story of my life, motherfucking bitmex. where stop-losses are merely a suggestion. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN MY STOP LOSS DID NOT FUCKING TRIGGER FOR 15 FUCKING SECONDS UNTIL I GOT LIQUIDATED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Said last two times, meant last 3

>almost immediately
Ok, but in what kind of time frame?
Futures haven't really moved for shit this morning.

thx

37,628 is the number of BTC that has been borrowed by traders to sell. They will eventually need to buy them back at a lower price and pay the exchange back for borrowing them and then keep the difference.

If BTC rises (unlikely) then they lose money.

To be perfectly frank, BTC will very shortly head down the shitter and take the shitcoin market with it.

What I mean is, what's stretching this process out that it takes days from short orders until a squeeze?

also helpful

yeah just like at 7400 two weeks ago

Looks like about within a week normally

Attached: 30DAEC87-4FD5-4684-9F46-0E8360AEB4F2.png (1240x694, 129K)

It’s a good question, but it’s hard to tell at this point. I think a lot of people are willing to short right now but fewer people are willing to buy at lower lows so the market is at a standstill. Everyone’s just kind of waiting to see what happens. But with so many short positions it seems much more likely that a little long volume will cause a squeeze

whats your long term projection on BTC ?

The mega Bart to 7400 is going to be hilarious

Looking at past history I’d say sideways for 6-8 months and then gradual increase until next parabolic run but I don’t think that would be until 2020-2021. Should be an excellent time for alts though.

It makes little sense to me that BTC will drop significantly lower at this point. I’m not discounting the possibility of another mini bull run this year though. There are quite a few differences between BTC in the past and today (Bakkt, ETFs, huge corporate interest, more general usage of blockchain). This could throw everything off and cause a bull run. But if you look at the BTC weekly chart, this whole situation looks strikingly similar to 2014-2015 in the sideways prediction

>Everyone’s just kind of waiting to see what happens
Guess it's just dead money, for the time being.
Could be worse, though. Thanks.

Thx again

Bummer

This